The Apprentice: 2024 Republican primaries

Who will be the 2024 Republican candidate?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Donald Trump Jnr

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eric Trump

• Ivanka Trump

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Josh Hawley

• Matt Gaetz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Ted Cruz

• Lindsey Graham

• Marco Rubio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mike Pence

• Mike Pompeo

• Tucker Carlson

• Sean Hannity

• Devin Nunes

• Jim Jordan

• Chris Christie

• Other

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Trump will be the 2024 candidate. Not getting impeached a second time and he has all the ammunition he needs to fuel conspiracy.

Depends on how he is physically and mentally, but as long as he can get up there ranting like a lunatic, he could be in the death throes of Alzheimer’s and his fans would claim there’s nothing to see here, just normal.

Could get a bit Weekend At Bernie’s

A lot can change in three years but currently Trump and Haley would have to be top two with daylight third.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis also being discussed. Some folks regard him as the most natural heir to the Trump base if Trump himself doesn't run.

I wonder if Pence will even bother. I doubt there's ever been a precedent of a former VP running against the former president he served under.

Last edited:
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis also being discussed. Some folks regard him as the most natural heir to the Trump base if Trump himself doesn't run.

I wonder if Pence will even bother. I doubt there's ever been a precedent of a former VP running against the former president he served under.

Adams ran against Washington (unsuccessfully)

Jefferson ran against Adams (successfully)

Garner technically. He was running in 1940, but not against FDR. FDR was basically drafted in during the convention to do a third term

I don’t see him being a major player, hits the mark ideologically but his voice would surely get drowned out by all the others trying to be the loudest in the room.

I don’t see him being a major player, hits the mark ideologically but his voice would surely get drowned out by all the others trying to be the loudest in the room.
Like who?

I think DeSantis could be much closer to the mark than that, if he does in fact run.

Of all the current office holders, he could be the most likely to inherit the Trump base, in the absence of Trump himself.

Like who?

I think DeSantis could be much closer to the mark than that, if he does in fact run.

Of all the current office holders, he could be the most likely to inherit the Trump base, in the absence of Trump himself.

hes a mini trump though, i doubt he has the charisma to galvanize the national audience

i dont rule it out however, encouraging him to run allows Ivanka to run for governor

hes a mini trump though, i doubt he has the charisma to galvanize the national audience
Who does? It would be about the Trump endorsement.

i dont rule it out however, encouraging him to run allows Ivanka to run for governor
After she gets done challenging Rubio for the Senate race?

Who does? It would be about the Trump endorsement.

After she gets done challenging Rubio for the Senate race?

Senate isn't happening.

Rubio kissed the ring and has said trump is still the true king, so Ivanka has all but ruled out a challenge to him

Probably a good idea but I wouldn't rule it out.

Agree nothing is 100%,. It does look like though protection from trump endorsed challenges is what you buy when you koutou to trump now.

Sad how many have already lined up to do this

That would be hilarious if it did happen.

Instead of Trump rallies having chants of “lock her up”, could be “hang Mike Pence” instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess who came in second?

What a choice that was between those 2.

I wanted Trump to get the nomination at the time, now wish he hasn’t.

There’s no cult of personality around Cruz.
You say that, but had Cruz won it's entirely possible he would have nuked his enemies like he was threatening to. Being more mentally stable doesn't make you less dangerous. And he still could have won.

You say that, but had Cruz won it's entirely possible he would have nuked his enemies like he was threatening to. Being more mentally stable doesn't make you less dangerous. And he still could have won.

I actually think he’d have lost to Hillary.

I have no time machine to prove my alternate history theory sadly.

Looks like Haley has backflipped. This is what she said about Trump after January 6...

“When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” Haley hissed, leaning forward as she spoke. “Mike has been nothing but loyal to that man. He’s been nothing but a good friend of that man. … I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” she said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

That lasted about five minutes...

This attempt to have it both ways isn't going to work.

Back