Toast Thank you Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Was having a bash on the Par 3 golf course at Bulimba (Brisbane) late this arvo. Typical beautiful Brisbane winter afternoon that makes you feel glad to be alive.

I'm a pretty ordinary golfer but I do like that little course . A pitching wedge to greens (followed hopefully by only 2 putts) that are between 80 and 100 meters away is just my speed.

Couple of young fellas were playing a hole behind me and seem to be hitting them reasonably well but apart from that, I really didn't take much notice of them.

About to hit off on the 7th tee when one of them (who were just putting out on the 6th green) calls out

"Hey matey, did ya drop a wallet by any chance?" at which point I realize that he is indeed holding out my said wallet which I hadn't even noticed I was missing.

Thanking my lucky stars, I express my sincere gratitude for his keen eyesight, not to mention his honesty and integrity. Then it dawns on me I'm looking straight at the one and only Pearce Hanley:eek:.

All I could manage was an inept " Um, are you Pearce Hanley????"

(Pearce)(Looking a little surprised) "Yeah, I am"

(Me): "Err... Go Lions" with a feeble :thumbsu:......:oops:

(Pearce): "Tanks mate"

I even forgot to tell him that I've got his picture on my 2015 Membership Card:mad:

Oh well. It still made my day:)

GO LIONSS!!!

EDIT: His playing partner was Claye Beams

Was having a bash on the Par 3 golf course at Bulimba (Brisbane) late this arvo. Typical beautiful Brisbane winter afternoon that makes you feel glad to be alive.

I'm a pretty ordinary golfer but I do like that little course . A pitching wedge to greens (followed hopefully by only 2 putts) that are between 80 and 100 meters away is just my speed.

Couple of young fellas were playing a hole behind me and seem to be hitting them reasonably well but apart from that, I really didn't take much notice of them.

About to hit off on the 7th tee when one of them (who were just putting out on the 6th green) calls out

"Hey matey, did ya drop a wallet by any chance?" at which point I realize that he is indeed holding out my said wallet which I hadn't even noticed I was missing.

Thanking my lucky stars, I express my sincere gratitude for his keen eyesight, not to mention his honesty and integrity. Then it dawns on me I'm looking straight at the one and only Pearce Hanley:eek:.

All I could manage was an inept " Um, are you Pearce Hanley????"

(Pearce)(Looking a little surprised) "Yeah, I am"

(Me): "Err... Go Lions" with a feeble :thumbsu:......:oops:

(Pearce): "Tanks mate"

I even forgot to tell him that I've got his picture on my 2015 Membership Card:mad:

Oh well. It still made my day:)

GO LIONSS!!!

EDIT: His playing partner was Claye Beams

what a legend. love that man

Typical beautiful Brisbane winter afternoon that makes you feel glad to be alive.

As one of Pearce's late countrymen once said, I wouldn't go that far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back