Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

In no particular order:

Fortnight
Guilty As Sin?
I Can Do It With A Broken Heart
But Daddy I Love Him
Florida!!!

Struggling to engage with the Anthology tracks and I thought thanK you aIMee is just too petty (if there's such a thing) even if it sounds nice. So High School has a nice vibe and clever lyrics though.

folklore and 1989 still clear top two albums for me.
omg I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is my JAM. I need a top 7 not 5. Or a top 10. Haha I love this album.

loml is also excellent.

Love Smallest Man Who Ever Lived too.
I think it's faster for me to name the ones I don't have on repeat.

I'm not as into Peter, Cassandra, Robin, I Look In People's Windows, The Bolter or The Manuscript...but I'm wondering if that's because they're the last few songs and I'm a bit fatigued by the time I get to them. All of the other songs, I love.

The Eras Tour has been updated.

Long Live, the 1, tolerate it, the last great american dynasty and 'tis the damn season have all been cut.
There's now a TTPD set, which includes:

But Daddy I Love Him
So High School (snippet)
Who's Afraid of Little Old Me
Down Bad (snippet)
Fortnight
The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

The evermore and folklore eras are now merged together and TTPD comes after 1989. Wish I could go the concert again, it looks like a beautiful set.

The Eras Tour has been updated.

Long Live, the 1, tolerate it, the last great american dynasty and 'tis the damn season have all been cut.
There's now a TTPD set, which includes:

But Daddy I Love Him
So High School (snippet)
Who's Afraid of Little Old Me
Down Bad (snippet)
Fortnight
The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

The evermore and folklore eras are now merged together and TTPD comes after 1989. Wish I could go the concert again, it looks like a beautiful set.

Correct decision to merge evermore and folklore and the four songs chosen make sense. But cutting Long Live means Speak Now gets just one song. Ugh.

Also quite telling that there is only one snippet of a song from the Anthology extra songs in that list. The chosen original TTPD songs is also really good, wish I could've heard them live too.

Dynasty getting cut is a big shame.

It is, but of the current list:

cardigan - lead single, has to be there
august - rounds out the love triangle
betty - ditto
my tears ricochet - written solely by Swift, possibly the most personal for her on the album
illicit affairs - only a snippet
the 1 - already cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get the hype

There's so much good music out there

I would call her music "servicable"

There's been many articles written about why she gained a foothold in country, transitioned successfully into pop, and then became the global superstar, but in the end who really cares?

You do you. Apparently Drake is the most listened artist on Spotify but I would often struggle to pick his voice or work from a line-up and those I do recognise I think are 'serviceable'. Don't think I've ever ventured into a discussion board to pot Drake fans, though. Again, you do you.

That's the great thing about music - people are free to appreciate whatever they want and your enjoyment of an artist or genre doesn't impact on others, but it is also often an avenue to bond with others who also listen to what you like. The posters in this thread are having a great time discussing her discography over the past umpteen years, I don't think we're taking anything away from the BigFooty metal thread or Australian rock or Eurovision. Maybe I'm sounding like a ranting melomaniac here...

You're right but when you become this much of a phenonomem don't you open yourself up to more criticism?

Guess I didn't realise this was just a love-in thread

You're right but when you become this much of a phenonomem don't you open yourself up to more criticism?

Guess I didn't realise this was just a love-in thread
More criticism? Her whole career people have criticized her relentlessly, perhaps more than any other artist ever has been.

Every aspect of her life is criticized on a daily basis by the media, fans, haters, the music industry, from 16 years old to 34 years old.

She is the only artist I know that have people making thousands of videos or writing hundreds of think pieces of why they hate her and or her music. It's honestly weird how much people who dislike her discuss her publically. (Generally if I don't like something I don't engage with it and just move on to things I do enjoy)

Her work ethic is on another level to everyone else in the industry and her resilience and strength should be admired, she's had to fight hard to wade through the shit that's been constantly thrown at her and at times deliberately just to see if she'd slip up and crash back down.

There's been many articles written about why she gained a foothold in country, transitioned successfully into pop, and then became the global superstar, but in the end who really cares?

You do you. Apparently Drake is the most listened artist on Spotify but I would often struggle to pick his voice or work from a line-up and those I do recognise I think are 'serviceable'. Don't think I've ever ventured into a discussion board to pot Drake fans, though. Again, you do you.

That's the great thing about music - people are free to appreciate whatever they want and your enjoyment of an artist or genre doesn't impact on others, but it is also often an avenue to bond with others who also listen to what you like. The posters in this thread are having a great time discussing her discography over the past umpteen years, I don't think we're taking anything away from the BigFooty metal thread or Australian rock or Eurovision. Maybe I'm sounding like a ranting melomaniac here...
Every so often some muppet pops their head up with some vague “I don’t like her” poorly constructed criticism. She doesn’t need anyone to go into bat for her but I always appreciate when people do.

Screenshot-2024-05-24-161722.png

these extra album things are getting ridiculous!

Reading up on this because I was bored, apparently it's part of an ongoing spat between her and Billie Eilish over releasing variants of albums to game the charts. There are similar smaller beefs with other artists like Olivia Rodrigo.

Like idgaf but this is not a good look for Taylor at all. She has the power and the fame, just seems like punching down on other female artists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back