Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Some great lines so far;

Tortured Poets Department

At dinner you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on
And that's the closest I've come to my heart exploding

Florida

Little did you know your home's really only
A town you're just a guest in ----- my favourite off the album I think

The Alchemy

He jokes that "It's heroin, but this time with an E" ---- a super clever line.

Clara Bow

Beauty is a beast that roars down on all fours demanding more

Cassandra

Blood's thick but nothing like a payroll

The Manuscript

He said, "I'm not a donor but I'd give you my heart if you needed it"

loml, The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, The Black Dog are my favourites so far. So High School is fun. Love its pop sound. Could easily have been on an earlier album.

I Hate It Here, thanK you aIMee are also great. I just love the strength in the words in the latter. Its message is clear. Cassandra too.

The latter half is the better half for me. First half is still very good, the second half just appeals to me more. It's a great album overall though and there are many songs on here I like.

Nearly 10/10 for me I think.

Anyone ready to pop this album into their rankings? It’s up there with folklore and Midnights for me but I can’t quite decide where it slots in.

Comfortable top 5 but the length of it is a significant negative. I definitely liked the first 16 a fair bit on the inaugural listen.

I think i got to thanK you aIMee (Listening on spotify is hard to track a 31 song album).

Fortnight is good, makes sense to me its the lead single. Her vocals on Whos Afraid of Little Old Me are really impressive, shes going for it there.

loml is lyrically the best song so far IMO. Loved it

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart is an absolute bop.

Clara Bow reminds me a bit of Great American Dynasty, blending story with personal experience, really loved that.

Imgonnagetyouback is loaded with easter eggs.

Overall thoroughly enjoying it. It feels like her last few albums have more been almost concept "hang out" albums, alot blends into the next, really clear style throughout.

Anyone ready to pop this album into their rankings? It’s up there with folklore and Midnights for me but I can’t quite decide where it slots in.
Probably second behind Lover for me.

The length of it makes it hard because there are so many songs to try and remember/which are favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On first listen I wasn’t moved by TTPD. But I have not stopped listening to it since Friday. I ******* love the manic and messy vibes of this album.

Favourite tracks

1. So Long London
2. So High School
3. But Daddy I Love Him
4. Fortnight
5. The Albatross
6. Guilty As Sin

This album won’t be for everyone, but for me it’s up there with Folklore and Evermore. Definitely better than Midnights.

Had my first sit-down listen with the help of lyric videos, with no distractions.

The first 16 really is top, top stuff. I sort of wish it wasn't diluted with the last 15 (or maybe they get released a year later like folklore/evermore) because if it was just that, it would easily be GOAT for her discography - stellar writing, singing and production. Experiments with different song structures and vocals and writing and she mostly pulls it off. In no small part credit must also go to Antonoff and Dessner, their production and co-writing have clearly caused her to go to another level.

The first six - woah. Just woah.

As it is - still in the top 5.

Overall thoroughly enjoying it. It feels like her last few albums have more been almost concept "hang out" albums, alot blends into the next, really clear style throughout.
And I appreciate that a lot. I was one of those tuning out after Lover (a few great single tracks but the rest was just thrown in together). Then the pandemic happened and folklore came out...

I mean she'd still dominate the Billboard Top 10 if she released 10 tracks of her farting into a microphone and she is a billionaire and owns all her stuff from beginning to end, so she does have total creative freedom to do what she wants - but of course I still very much appreciate her doing sonically cohesive albums.

Now that I've had a fortnight (hehe) to listen to the album, my top 5 songs has changed. I have on repeat:
So Long London
How Did It End
My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys
Chloe Or Sam Or Sophia Or Marcus
The Prophecy

The album is definitely in my top 2, just barely pipped by folklore for me.

In no particular order:

Fortnight
Guilty As Sin?
I Can Do It With A Broken Heart
But Daddy I Love Him
Florida!!!

Struggling to engage with the Anthology tracks and I thought thanK you aIMee is just too petty (if there's such a thing) even if it sounds nice. So High School has a nice vibe and clever lyrics though.

folklore and 1989 still clear top two albums for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back