Traded Taylor Adams [traded to Sydney for pick #33]

Remove this Banner Ad

Given tight list spots, I'd be happy with a future 2nd, as this draft isn't that deep. Unless they think can trade up.

I love Tay, but if he thinks he can get more midfield time and extend his career elsewhere, as we would need to get games into the likes of Fin and Allan and the likes, then don't think we'll stand in his way.

Isn't the rumour that Adams approached us, not the other way around?
From what I’ve seen u are sniffing around every mid & forward, swinging a big bucket of cash & whistling like Omar from the Wire.
List managers then run away, to lock up there players 😂

Unlikely. if Adams has personal reasons to go, of course we'd trade him, but he's a club leader and a required player.

This is a journo looking for column inches or the Swans shaking trees...or yet another player agent looking to ** ** up for personal gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a strong tendency to make stuff up.

The more stories the more clicks and the more clicks the more advertising revenue.

Given the Pies have the most actual fans then it makes sense to spin a story with a Pies player

If Tay wanted to move, I doubt whether the club would stand in his way.

The club as a whole would feel for him after missing the GF.

There is no chance they would push for a hard trade, if in his heart he needed a change.
Was a 5 year contract so tey may even want it off the books

Gee Pies fans quick to disown someone who a week ago was their favourite son and bled black and white. To now, he’s too old, he’s slow, he’ll retire soon anyway.

Where in the world have you pulled this BS from?

Given his unquestionably loyal service I’m pretty sure most Pies fans around here are happy to let him extend his career elsewhere if that’s what he wants to do. He’s a heart and soul player.

He played a pretty crucial role in our premiership and it was pretty devastating he missed being out on the field in the GF.

Where in the world have you pulled this BS from?

Given his unquestionably loyal service I’m pretty sure most Pies fans around here are happy to let him extend his career elsewhere if that’s what he wants to do. He’s a heart and soul player.

He played a pretty crucial role in our premiership and it was pretty devastating he missed being out on the field in the GF.
Agreed!

Gee Pies fans quick to disown someone who a week ago was their favourite son and bled black and white. To now, he’s too old, he’s slow, he’ll retire soon anyway.
You don’t know what you’re talking about son.

He’s been disowned, re-owned, re-disowned, bagged relentlessly by supporters since probably day one at the pies.

Port would be wise to move him on and get something for him.

Body just starting to show signs of milage and a troublesome knee.
Poor Ollie, no one loves him except Port it seems. Already had his exit meeting, Port are happy and he's not looking to go anywhere else. Trade Radio on the other hand, are shopping him around like they're about to get a commission.

In the meantime, and to stay on topic. Taylor Adams perfectly fits our needs with a young midfield and he's a tough unit, would be perfect for us.

If Tay wanted to move, I doubt whether the club would stand in his way.

The club as a whole would feel for him after missing the GF.

There is no chance they would push for a hard trade, if in his heart he needed a change.
Absolutely the Pies wouldn’t stand in his way , provided Sydney are fair and reasonable with what they have to offer back the other way , much loved player who is very much the fabric of what Collingwood strive for , committed , hard at it , Loyal , tenacious with a never say die attitude. Think he would be feeling a bit left out in the cold at the moment, overlooked for the Captaincy, then asked to prove his fitness for the GF on the Tuesday night, he was expecting to be put through his paces on the last training session of the season on Thursday, this missing out on what he has strived for throughout his career as an AFL footballer, a premiership medallion around his neck. You can read the play where this disenchantment has arisen from. Hope he stays. Doubt it very much thou .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back