Arts & Humanities Tattoos

Remove this Banner Ad

i hope the non-attention seeking cleanskins only wear boring, plain clothes with no images or words.

i also hope they dont use a mirror to groom themselves or shower regularly.

otherwise, hypocrites.

How would that be hypocritical? It's not about caring how one looks. It's not about fashion. It's about thinking that tattoos are ugly, that people will regret them when they're older, that by and large they are shallow, meaningless drivel, dressed up as being profound, and which are reflective of goldfish-length attention spans.

None of the above applies to the practices of wearing fashionable clothes or grooming.

I dont regret getting mine 10 years on.

anyone that regrets theirs is a soft ****.

And if youre living a life of "fearing what you may regret", well that is a life not worth living.

Ink is just a part of the carefree life.

And it feels awesome. Cant wait till mine start to fade, so I can get them all done again.

Being I am not old enough for one, what do they feel like?

Dad before getting his first (anchor one) was amazed that people can sleep during them.

Come his second one he was sleeping according to mum and she ended up leaving the shop cos it was weird and freaking her out haha.

I'm guessing after an hour it numbs up?

Ink is just a part of the carefree life.

I use an ink pen to write onto paper.

If getting a tattoo is part of living a carefree lifestyle, then people wouldn't care for the meaning behind them - but they do; people who seek meaning and justification behind their indelible representations care greatly.

A certain D. Headland comes to mind.

Yeah, their pretty funny.

To the OP, you can get them off easy enough if you change your mind :)

[youtube]xv1nnSGhxR8[/youtube]

"I got this tattoo when I was young and stupid and I regret it, so I'm getting it LASERed off because then I can replace it with something meaningful!":rolleyes:

The stupidity beggars belief.

Got a tattoo today myself.

Did I do it to feel like a hero? No.
Did I want it? Yep
Do I care what others think? Nope.

I wanted, I got. Simple as that.

Come at me

No need, that's the beauty of tattoos. You'll 'come at' yourself in a couple of years.

Dad before getting his first (anchor one) was amazed that people can sleep during them.

Come his second one he was sleeping according to mum and she ended up leaving the shop cos it was weird and freaking her out haha.

Sorta like a cat scratch, depending where you get it. With a tatt gun is generally bearable. Not for the dad's here though.

More traditional style tattooing ie-Polynesian/Thai/African etc.. ARE painful. Not something for the mum's here :)

[YOUTUBE]bFJfXfYY18Y[/YOUTUBE]

i hope the non-attention seeking cleanskins only wear boring, plain clothes with no images or words.

i also hope they dont use a mirror to groom themselves or shower regularly.

otherwise, hypocrites.

You still rocking your parachute pants from the 80s brah?

Got a tattoo today myself.

Did I do it to feel like a hero? No.
Did I want it? Yep
Do I care what others think? Nope.

I wanted, I got. Simple as that.

Come at me

:thumbsu:
I've got 7 hours booked for the 3rd weekend of October. It becomes and addiction

It feels like when you get sunburnt and the day after someone scratches you.
It's an odd feeling at first, but after the first hour you tend to forget about the pain. In longer sessions (I've had a couple of 5 hours and a 7 hour) the last hour is almost unbearable.

When people ask me if it hurts I say yes... when they ask me if its a pain that can be dealt with I say yes.

Edit: The position of the tattoo also makes a difference to the pain. My upper arm is completely covered and that hurt a little on the underside. One half of my chest is done, including over my collarbone, that was ****ed. Ribs hurt too.

Re: Tattoo's

Tattoos represent the epitome of materialistic and consumerist culture.

Such insight.
nusho_polynesia.jpg

Curse those materialistic consumers!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the japanese get Koi carp tattoos and it represents courage as when the fish is caught it lays still and doesnt struggle accepting its fate...or death.

very classic tattoo....

To be fair, your moralistic disdain for everything you arbitrarily deem 'impure' isn't much better.

Oh, you were finished?

Can you distinguish the difference between someone in a tribal environment having indelible ink forced onto them to one in a developed country voluntarily paying money for tattoos as part of a materialistic culture?

Can anyone remember the episode of LA Ink where a guy got a tattoo of a tree/vine? The flowers represented all the important people in his life, I think they were all women?

I have googled but without any luck.

Sounds like the tatoo a serial killer had in an episode of Criminal Minds except where the flowers are in your example were the faces of his victims

A comparison between traditional ritualistic passage rites and voluntary fads is no basis for an argument.

So Tattoo's are fads? You use all these big words trying to sound smart yet don't know the meaning of that four letter word. Lol get your head out of your arse

So Tattoo's are fads? You use all these big words trying to sound smart yet don't know the meaning of that four letter word. Lol get your head out of your arse

fad/fad/

Noun: An intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, esp. one that is short-lived; a craze.

I think that sums it up.

You mean like the christian FAD that stopped certain Indian tribes (One in the YT video a few posts back) from traditional VOLUNTARY tattooing?

You have summed up FA.

You mean like the christian FAD that stopped certain Indian tribes (One in the YT video a few posts back) from traditional VOLUNTARY tattooing?

You have summed up FA.

We live in a Westernised country. Comparing traditional tattoos from tribal environments to what you see here is ridiculous and plagiaristic.

We live with all different types and backgrounds, some keen to keep their roots.

You out-do yourself with another tangent and even more irrelevant comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back