Tassie v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Groucho said:
On the ABC now. Good conditions at Port. I think the only affiliated players are Perry,Hay,Moran and the Chad.
Port off to a flyer 3 goals early. A nice 50 metre goal to Chad gets their first.

Scott "Vossy" McMahon is also playing as well

Paulkanga2000 said:
Scott "Vossy" McMahon is also playing as well

Yeah,thanks Paul. Thought I missed one.

Quarter time and it's a bit ugly! Port 7.4.46 to Tassie: 3.3.21.

Moran competing well but not having a great influence. Chad Jones had some early touches and kicked a goal and set up another but didn't do much later in the quarter. Another "almost" hanger. Hay took a nice mark late in the quarter and successfully hand balled to a team mate but hardly sighted apart from that.
Port just look too quick.

Tasmania look rubbish - is it too much to ask for Chad Jones to do something in the VFL once in a while for more than five minutes?

RoyalBlue said:
Free to Moran - hay actually had a dip before.

Something is really wrong if we're going to drop hay for a spell, presumably to boost his confidence, only to have him played in the ruck.

Stupid.
Hay's one on one defence has been fine in the last few weeks. I think they just want him to get his hands on the ball and get some confidence back in his skills. Ruck isn't a bad place to do this... (although as I speak they've thrown him back on Pitt)

hurricane said:
Hay's one on one defence has been fine in the last few weeks. I think they just want him to get his hands on the ball and get some confidence back in his skills. Ruck isn't a bad place to do this... (although as I speak they've thrown him back on Pitt)

I thought he was ordinary in the ruck (ok around the ground ruckwork but understandably was woeful at the centre bounces), but as you say it's not a bad place for him to get into the thick of it, especially seeing as there are generally few big FFs in the VFL. Having said that, Port's ruckmen have been ineffective as well but their midfield is well on top.

Was only a matter or time until he was thrown on Pitt though, let's see how he handles a player of that ilk. As far as I can count, Hay has had four disposals and two marks, and all his disposals have hit team mates.

Chad Jones started really well but didn't get near it that quarter, but a lot of that comes down to the midfield not getting it either (Atkin in particular has barely had a touch).

Perry has been ordinary IMO, and Moran has hardly been sighted away from the centre bounces. McMahon's had a pretty dirty day too.

Constipated Duck said:
I thought he was ordinary in the ruck (ok around the ground ruckwork but understandably was woeful at the centre bounces), but as you say it's not a bad place for him to get into the thick of it, especially seeing as there are generally few big FFs in the VFL. Having said that, Port's ruckmen have been ineffective as well but their midfield is well on top.

Was only a matter or time until he was thrown on Pitt though, let's see how he handles a player of that ilk. As far as I can count, Hay has had four disposals and two marks, and all his disposals have hit team mates.

Chad Jones started really well but didn't get near it that quarter, but a lot of that comes down to the midfield not getting it either (Atkin in particular has barely had a touch).

Perry has been ordinary IMO, and Moran has hardly been sighted away from the centre bounces. McMahon's had a pretty dirty day too.

Im going to get banned from a certain website for saying this, but I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoyalBlue said:
Im going to get banned from a certain website for saying this, but I agree.

Nah, I agree, has looked like he wants to be anywhere but Port Melbourne at the moment. Disappointing.

McMahon and Hall a lot better in that quarter, and a few marks to Jones. The Riewoldt kiddy can play too, but there's not much of him at 17!

RoyalBlue said:
Tassie fired up, wasting opportunities. Chad gets a goal.

Still better value than petrie.

Far superior player without a doubt... but does he try quite as hard as Petrie?

B-Rock said:
Chads on fire! Had like 12 marks n 4 goals still with a quarter to go :)

I would have thought 7 or 8 marks at most, but he's played well when the ball's got down there.

My 2 cents worth on the best players...

Port - Pitt, Cotchett, Nayna, Lawrence, Alexander, Obst.

Tassie - Plapp, Howard, Setchell, Jones, and Callinan until injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back