Tasmanian Football League - Name A Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2005
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Coomera Magpies
Seeing as though there has been a lot of conversation about the TFL Statewide League on the Tasmanian Football Thread I thought I would start a thread after getting an idea on after seeing a similar thread on the music forum.
All you have to do is post the name of a player who played in the statewide league. Post their club, position etc too if you want

Kingpin will be able to mention every player who has ever played for Hobart from 1945-2005!

Do they have to have played Seniors or can you mention any old dud?

I'll metion a Senior one anyway:

Danny McIntosh
Glenorchy

Barge said:
Kingpin will be able to mention every player who has ever played for Hobart from 1945-2005!
Just about mate :D
Had to help out one of the Senior team blokes getting together the old players numbers for the lockers up there. I think we got about 130 so far.

Barge said:
Danny McIntosh
Glenorchy
I remember him, he was a talented up & coming young footballer in his teens, and was tied to either Glenorchy or New Norfolk (one of them) and wanted to be traded to the other club because he barracked for them from his childhood, and which ever club he was with, was stalling in negotiations and he had to stand out of football for a long period of time, and from what I heard he was lost to footy altogether and ended up on the wrong side of the rails. Shame really.

Kingpin said:
That's right, I forgot big Clag Hoyer played at Devonport as well after leaving Hobart.

Simon Sproule - Hobart

And he captain - coached Lauderdale in the Amateurs when he left Devonport

Mark "Digby" Richards

Clarence and also a former Lauderdale Cat

Kingpin said:
Wayne "Baldy" Fox:

Glenorchy, New Norfolk, Hobart, Sandy Bay & South Launceston.

I know these aren't Statewide League clubs, but he also played for:

Kermandie AND Kingston AND Franklin AND Claremont!

Last one embarrasses me to say! Was 40 years old in 1998, and on a fortune too!

Probably THE worst piece of recruiting I have seen in my time following Claremont!

Can't imagine him fitting in with the quintessential Sandy Bay types either when he was there!

---------------------------------

Scott "Fingers" Kirkwood
Hobart and New Norfolk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny Beaumont, came to Victoria a virtual unknown and went home to Tassie dubbed the "Bush Ablett" after memorable stints at Broadford and Kilmore. Anyone know if KB is involved at any club these days?

Barge said:
I know these aren't Statewide League clubs, but he also played for:

Kermandie AND Kingston AND Franklin AND Claremont!
Last one embarrasses me to say! Was 40 years old in 1998, and on a fortune too!
Probably THE worst piece of recruiting I have seen in my time following Claremont!
Can't imagine him fitting in with the quintessential Sandy Bay types either when he was there!

---------------------------------

Scott "Fingers" Kirkwood
Hobart and New Norfolk.
Yeah I was gonna say about the latter three clubs he'd played for, didn't realise he'd turned out for Kermandie as well.
I remember him leaving Hobart as a good player, but had had shoulder trouble for much of '89, kicked a bag in the '89 losing grand final, left Hobart and bobbed up at either Sandy Bay or South Launceston, first off in 1990, then changed to the other club mid-season and looked overweight, slow, and couldn't get a kick.
The next time I saw him was his last game of footy, for Claremont at the TCA Ground in the last round of 1998, he kicked a couple, could hardly move out of the goal square and looked a shadow (albeit a very large shadow) of the player he once was. The Mont won, and the crowd was the smallest I have ever seen at any match I've ever been too, anywhere.
I remember a Hobart official at the time telling me the crowd that day was from memory 103.

Heh :D I know what you're talking about in regard to "fingers".
Wasn't he made captain up at New Norfolk, because he was seeing the President's (Leon Kemp) daughter?

Doona2 said:
Kenny Beaumont, came to Victoria a virtual unknown and went home to Tassie dubbed the "Bush Ablett" after memorable stints at Broadford and Kilmore. Anyone know if KB is involved at any club these days?
Can't say I've ever heard of him Doona. Only Beaumont I remember was Charles Beaumont that played for the Devils, and who left them to go back to an Old Scholars Club (University I think).

Peter Ingram - New Norfolk.
Buckets and buckets of goals in the New Norfolk reserves, got the odd senior game, but was overshadowed by Paul Dac for years. Would've got a game at most other TFL clubs.

Nick Clark - Clarence
Let rip with the biggest tirade of abuse on a boundary umpire I've ever heard in my life one day in the mid 80's at KGV. He played on, thought he was clear on the boundary, boundary umpire blows the whistle in front of the scoreboard, and off he goes with this tirade of obscenities and hurls the footy in disgust over the fence into the rows of plastic seats that used to be there.

Vintage stuff. Might've incurred a 15m penalty.

Was Kenny Beaumont the same player who played for Cooee during the 70's and 80's? I vaguely remember a Beaumont who played down that way and was a great player.

Todd Spearman- North Launceston and Glenorchy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back