Recommitted Tarryn Thomas [OOC 2024] - Staying at North

Remove this Banner Ad

North would want the world for Thomas he is one of their best players despite having a lot of off-field issues.
They would at least want a top 10 pick and I doubt any club would take that risk with his history.
LDU
Simpkin
Larkey
Sheezel
Wardlaw

Are all better and North fans have said in other threads Mckay is in there top 5. So thats atleast 6 better

Would have at Melbourne and happy to pay a decent price for him. In a year or so could be the best player in the comp.

He genuinely has that about him. If he ever gets his s**t completely together (which is probably doubtful, the bloke has issues), I could see him being absolutely dominant. When he shows a glimpse, he's one of those players where the game stands still around him. He's a Rolls Royce.

He genuinely has that about him. If he ever gets his s**t completely together (which is probably doubtful, the bloke has issues), I could see him being absolutely dominant. When he shows a glimpse, he's one of those players where the game stands still around him. He's a Rolls Royce.
Which he drives no hands

I don’t see how this could possibly happen. Tarryn is way too talented to swap for a middling draft pick like bombers first. Surely kangas just say no and let him play out his contract next year and back the new club administration to get the best out of him.
I tend to agree, massively talented so on talent a top 5 pick is justified. It’s a huge risk for north though. A player who we all know has significant attitude problems, keeping a player if (and it’s still an if) they don’t want to be there. A real risk is that he is disgruntled all year, doesn’t hit any sort of form and then requests a trade uncontracted.

I guess the closest example is Daniher. Bombers could have had papley and pick 5 but ended up with just pick 9. And Thomas has a far worse attitude than Daniher.

Not saying it’s a bad strategy you’re suggesting for North but jeez it’s a big risk when you could get a first round pick now

Massive talent no doubt but that would require a massive jump and is probably a bit of a stretch.

I doubt he'd be in the top 5 players at Melbourne alone over the next 12-24 months, let alone across the competition as a whole.
Fair enough but I just think he has something you don't see too often. More of an intangible. Needs to get rock hard fit of course, but has a few similarities to Dusty 8 or 9 years ago when no one wanted him...

Last edited:
Would prefer to keep him regardless of any compensation. I reckon he can still turn into a really good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee that’s a shame

Sarcastic Shoot GIF by Tristen J. Winger

They can cough up their pick 7 and a young frnge type player like parfitt or he stays under contract
Is this like the start of round 1 PP North were definitely going to get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back