Taking sides over Dark Emu

Remove this Banner Ad

There isn't a skerrick of truth in it, agriculture, irrigation, construction? If you believe this i'm sure you believe in the tooth fairy. Who knows what his motivation for this fraud is?
I do wonder what happened to all the ancient buildings on this continent.

There isn't a skerrick of truth in it, agriculture, irrigation, construction? If you believe this i'm sure you believe in the tooth fairy. Who knows what his motivation for this fraud is?
Yawn.

I mean he's telling a story, much the same as the colonists told a story, that's the point. Did you read it?

Is it archaeological evidenced based? not to a great degree, would there be much evidence? probably not
It's really about how you look at the land, and what can be done with it, try shifting your perspective a little

Modern industrial civilisation has been here for 250 years and the only native species we've managed to domesticate is macadamias. You need to look at it differently about the intertwining of land practises and culture, which is the point of the book.

The modern way is to clear it, plow it, fertilise it, harvest the profit(all through oil/gas). This results in top soil loss, species loss, and deforestation. Mining the biosphere isn't as neat as many would have it, and is finite in it's nature

If anything this is advantage indigenous Australians. Any engineer will tell you that a structure that vastly outlives it's useful life was a waste of resources

Did they not sacrifice enough virgins at the altar for your liking?

I mean he's telling a story, much the same as the colonists told a story, that's the point. Did you read it?

Is it archaeological evidenced based? not to a great degree, would there be much evidence? probably not
It's really about how you look at the land, and what can be done with it, try shifting your perspective a little

Modern industrial civilisation has been here for 250 years and the only native species we've managed to domesticate is macadamias. You need to look at it differently about the intertwining of land practises and culture, which is the point of the book.

The modern way is to clear it, plow it, fertilise it, harvest the profit(all through oil/gas). This results in top soil loss, species loss, and deforestation. Mining the biosphere isn't as neat as many would have it, and is finite in it's nature
They say that reality is stranger than fiction, but the fiction that is used to disguise the truth can be even stranger. The thing is the lie that is told here and not just the big whopper variety, but one that just about duped everybody.

Last edited:
Yep, nothing has ever been found. The trouble with this fantasy book is too many details weave an unnecessarily elaborate tale that has opened up Bruce Pascoe to a line of questioning that exposes his fraud totally.

What is bunkum?
It means nonsense. Every now and again a scam comes along that's so insane that even the people pulling it don't think it'll work. But it does. Pascoe has pulled a swifty here and how! Most types of fraud seem like they would be easy to spot, but scams often go undetected. For example, If a man asks you for money, and he is followed 5 minutes later by a similar-looking man with a plastic mustache asking you for even more money, there's a good chance that they might have been the same guy all along. There is no Aborigine ancestry in the Pascoe family tree. The whole Dark Emu story is fiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a big place, somebody was going to find it and actually do something with it. If they didn't, none of us would be here, but nobody should just make things up, there's been a lot of that already.

So let me get this straight. You are saying for 60,000 years Aboriginal people did nothing.

It's a big place, somebody was going to find it and actually do something with it. If they didn't, none of us would be here, but nobody should just make things up, there's been a lot of that already.

Please enlighten me on what has been made up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back