Certified Legendary Thread TAB's- Full of "characters" ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Coulda Man.

The bloke who takes a first 4 with five horses. One at $81. One at $26. One at $14. One at $8. The last at $101. Leaves out the $1.90 fave.

Gets 3 of the first 4 but the fave runs 4th. Spends much of the day showing his ticket to other punters with "I coulda had the pool. I coulda had a new car"

A relative of Long Memory Man. Still has the ticket from the 1998 Caulfield Cup with Jezabeel on it and occasionally wonders aloud if a protest could still be lodged 23 years later against Taufan's Melody.

Last edited:
Coulda Man.

The bloke who takes a first 4 with five horses. One at $81. One at $26. One at $14. One at $8. The last at $101. Leaves out the $1.90 fave.

Gets 3 of the first 4 but the fave runs 4th. Spends much of the day showing his ticket to other punters with "I coulda had the pool. I coulda had a new car"

A relative of Long Memory Man. Still has the ticket from the 1998 Caulfield Cup with Jezabeel on it and occasionally wonders aloud if a protest could still be lodged 23 years later against Taufan's Melody.
Protest was lodged. Dismissed lol one of the great travesties of many by stewards

I better add i didnt back both just in case you think i am Long Memory Man!

Coulda Man.

Sounds like my dad - 'Gee I was unlucky - 2nd 3rd 4th 5th in that tri'

Me - 'yeah but you left out the 6/4 fave and it won by 3 eased down'

There is no worse protest decision than this one (you might need to log into racing.com to see the race but its worth it)

Dismissed :moustache:

There is no worse protest decision than this one (you might need to log into racing.com to see the race but its worth it)

I honestly don't remember that - and the local homers were throwing there toys out of the cot that Anacat didn't get the Cox Plate handed to him! Yikes!

I've seen some crackers dismissed in my time but that is right up there. Stewards report on it is great reading:

Stewards considered an objection lodged by rider of the 2nd place getter L. German (Our Wando) against the 1st place getter Ardra Storm (C. Robertson) alleging interference inside the final 200 metres. On the evidence it was established that approaching the 100 metres Ardra Storm shifted out abruptly despite the efforts of its rider across the running of Our Wando. Stewards felt that during this shift Ardra Storm was clear of Our Wando, which was borne out in the footage, in that, Our Wando met with no interference when being crossed by Ardra Storm. Our Wando then shifted out of its own accord which was evidenced from the head on footage which shows Our Wando shifting outwards abruptly whilst inside the racing line of Ardra Storm. Shortly after however Our Wando was carried inwards off its course when racing in restricted room to the inside of Ardra Strom when it then hung inwards over the final 75 metres. However, bearing in mind the winning margin of one and half lengths stewards could not be comfortably satisfied that had the interference not occurred the result would have been affected and therefore dismissed the objection.

thats unreal. Can we please make a thread of all the craziest protests if that has not already been done?

lol incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At my local there's an older bloke who essentially places the exact same bet on any race he's betting into regardless.

$3 trifectas are his way of life. And you'd think he'd be well aware of how betting works, right? Given he's probably placed upwards of 10k trifectas in his life. But no. The bloke can be found arguing with TAB employees about why his bet lost and blaming them for ruining his ticket frequently.

Imagine the Quinella/Exacta/Tri/First 4 payout if it was upheld LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back