• Heathmere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyrendarra

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Branxholme Wallacedale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking up infor for Branxholme FC prior to merger with wallacedale in 1983. Really difficult to find anything on them but after delving into it.

Branxholme Ramblers.

As early as 1893 they have had the same name and colours but can't find anything on the actual colours or pattern. (Appears they were in recess from 1891-1892) but prior to 1891 they were using the same colours and name.

Interestingly an article from the Hamilton spectator from 25th April 1893 says they had a meeting to reinstate the branxholme Ramblers fc. A new team had been created in 1892 (south branxholme) but it was said the town could not support 2 clubs. And it was better to have one strong team than two weak ones.

Hey guys. Welcome to the new page! Just want to thank Aucklander and Chief for arranging the SWDFNL to have it's own page. Previously we had been a thread only within the Western Border FL page. Hopefully we can get some discussion happening from both locals and anyone else interested.

Webi Socials (37)_edited.png

Last edited:

Recently found out a lot more about both Branxholme and Wallacedale, Wallacedale Wanderers who wore a red and blue striped kit and Branxholme Ramblers who wore a Brown and Gold striped kit, need to update the wiki

Recently found out a lot more about both Branxholme and Wallacedale, Wallacedale Wanderers who wore a red and blue striped kit and Branxholme Ramblers who wore a Brown and Gold striped kit, need to update the wiki
Good stuff BC. Not sure about Nelson. Might have to look into that.
Do you know of any big signings this year?

unsure, for mse Craig Gaillo former Millicent captain went to the burr, former east captain jaiden Eldridge resigned as head coach and captain for Penola
I meant for the South west FL. Cavendish and Coleraine will be up there again. I've got a sneaky feeling about branxholme wallacedale. western royboy has his finger on the pulse when it comes to Western District Football. Any info mate?

U11s u14s and u17s joining with the SWDFNL this year which is massive for the league. (Pretty sure WRB told me that lol) one grade is mixed which is a good idea

Last edited:
I meant for the South west FL. Cavendish and Coleraine will be up there again. I've got a sneaky feeling about branxholme wallacedale. western royboy has his finger on the pulse when it comes to Western District Football. Any info mate?

U11s u14s and u17s joining with the SWDFNL this year which is massive for the league. (Pretty sure WRB told me that lol) one grade is mixed which is a good idea
don't know too much know more about my local 3 leagues but I know a few decent players from the WNFL MSEFL and KNTFL went to that league and dartmoor

also was there ever a Nelson football club or anything near, just curious to know
Can't find anything on a Nelson football club or football in general passing through the town. They must have had an oval though because in the early 1900s I read they had a cricket club that played against Port Macdonnel and another match against a travelling western Victoria side.

Can't find anything on a Nelson football club or football in general passing through the town. They must have had an oval though because in the early 1900s I read they had a cricket club that played against Port Macdonnel and another match against a travelling western Victoria side.
I mean their median age is 60 deffinitly a retirement town, surprised there isn't too much sport there, too small of a population now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any new information about the season? The league doesn't get a lot of Coverage in the papers, atleast atm. The league isn't great at socials either. Unless you are affiliated with the club it is hard to find out what's going on. I recently had a look at Branxholmes oval. It's half covered in sand so I'm assuming work was done. Wasn't looking great. Throughout the season I might get to different games for a look.

Anyone got any new information about the season? The league doesn't get a lot of Coverage in the papers, atleast atm. The league isn't great at socials either. Unless you are affiliated with the club it is hard to find out what's going on. I recently had a look at Branxholmes oval. It's half covered in sand so I'm assuming work was done. Wasn't looking great. Throughout the season I might get to different games for a look.
yeh Im not from that area so I little to none about, I know a lot more about WBFL and how coverage will work for that Ill put that in the WBFL thread now, I also have the draw I says limestone coast football leauge on it and thats what the league is called on the website, they said a new league would be formed with the 2 teams coming in but really it is just a name change a 2 teams joining

Watching praccy match Westerns vs Noradjuha Quantong bombers from the Horsham district FL. They've met in Hamilton at Pedrina Park. Absolute ball up with the grounds.. Pedrina Parks 3 footy ovals aré too small for senior football. Of the 3 ovals 1 is out of action due to cricket covers. They are playing on the smallest. Someone kicked a goal from the centre. They all moved to the biggest oval inc all staff and cars. Only for the officials to say no you can't for some reason. Everyone moved back to small oval. A shame as they all travelled to meet here. Should have met in branxholme or Cavendish. Anyway, I expected HDFNL standard to be higher but Westerns look about thee same quality. Number 28 I think Dolla or Dulla is best on I think off half back. Has good pace. Number 57 is good and number 3 in the middle shows good signs. Hard to know where they'll sit this year in SWDFNL. Maybe middle of the back. Wouldn't think finals

Mustn't be at full strength. Never really thought to much about it but Hamilton has one oval Melville oval that's big enough. The rest and there's alot are all junior sized for when the Hamilton junior league was up and going. The rest are all 25 mins away.

Cool to see that Dartmoor juniors seem to be going well, when was the last time they had a junior side? In the 90s? Not in Jezza Camerons time anyway

Cool to see that Dartmoor juniors seem to be going well, when was the last time they had a junior side? In the 90s? Not in Jezza Camerons time anyway
Good questions mate. Once upon a time I assume they all did. Definitely know they did pre port fairy -portland - Glenelg merger because the old man played juniors. Not sure how long it lasted after they all came together. Definitely wasn't around in my time. I do remember they'd have like an u12 game at half time not sure how official it was though.

Back