Status
Not open for further replies.

iamfooty

Senior List
Mar 26, 2006
Southport
AFL Club
Richmond
Any early news on the upcoming season fellas?
Can Woorinen turn it around?
Will John Mensforth and St Mary's ever speak on Smart FM?
Can Tooleybuc make it back-to-back premierships?
Who is coaching who in 2006/07 -- player movements?
And the $64,000 question.......is Nick Dillon a freshy?

iamfooty said:

Tooleybuc-Manangatang to be correct!!! Will start off favourites with the McNees boys heading back.. Pretty handy pick ups especially a bloke coming from Pura Cup..:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

telstra101 said:
breaking news!!!! vince mazzarella out for season 2006/07 with a knee operation.. BRAD CLIFTON COACHING LAKE BOGA!!!

That's nonsense -- he would never leave Woorinen would he? Is it true the club offered him a pair of thongs to replace his cremated ones to convince him to stay? Talk around town is Dean Morpeth will start in B grade this season after a lean time at the crease (and with the gloves). Can anyone confirm this?

A lot of talk surrounding lake boga and some possible recruits this year. Will they play A grade?

Ball_Magnet said:
Tooleybuc-Manangatang to be correct!!! Will start off favourites with the McNees boys heading back.. Pretty handy pick ups especially a bloke coming from Pura Cup..:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

You serious? Darren McNees?

Work with a guy who was involved with his club while he was in Hobart and is apparently frighteningly quick.

Good luck to the batsmen in that comp!

This comp anywhere near the ACT as that is where I heard he was returning to ? ? ? ? ? ?

How would this comp compare to district cricket, TCA, VCA etc?

I heard a story that in a game this year Brad Clifton had to leave the ground with severe chaff? Is this right Iamfooty??;)

Kelvin 69 said:
I heard a story that in a game this year Brad Clifton had to leave the ground with severe chaff? Is this right Iamfooty??;)

Wouldn't know Kelvin69, but I could find out. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones though.......:p

so how long will it take for Luke Bennett to get on hear in some silly name talking about himself????????
odds are even.

FOOZ said:
so how long will it take for Luke Bennett to get on hear in some silly name talking about himself????????
odds are even.
hi current noel watson(joint medalist) and all round superstar, luke bennett here.
now you all know how good i am at making the ball sing and the with the bat, well it all goes without saying.
i look forward to appealing practically every ball next year and i have been sledging my grandmother for practise.
i just pray no one takes offence and gives me what i deserve, another broken jaw, which for me could be career ending

FOOZ said:
odds are even.

:thumbsu:

not about the cafffffffffffn tabs that was in evey papar in vic

:D

hmmmm didnt open a can of worms there did i :rolleyes:...........

left foot long said:
hi current noel watson(joint medalist) and all round superstar, luke bennett here.
now you all know how good i am at making the ball sing and the with the bat, well it all goes without saying.
i look forward to appealing practically every ball next year and i have been sledging my grandmother for practise.
i just pray no one takes offence and gives me what i deserve, another broken jaw, which for me could be career ending

Left Foot Long ?? Doubtful
Left Foot Accurate?? Definately Not!!!

iamfooty said:

Things are just getting worse for Woorinen. I hear explosive opening batsman Vin Maz went down with a serious knee injury on Saturday. Surely its not what newly appointed coach Luke Crowe needed. Word has it Luke has been taking the opportunity to sit down most Sat arvo's at present, contimplate just how he's going to get the likes of Groat and Clifton to attend training this summer among other things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barge said:
You serious? Darren McNees?

Work with a guy who was involved with his club while he was in Hobart and is apparently frighteningly quick.

Good luck to the batsmen in that comp!

This comp anywhere near the ACT as that is where I heard he was returning to ? ? ? ? ? ?

How would this comp compare to district cricket, TCA, VCA etc?

There's every chance the rumour is correct. McNees played for Tooleybuc in 02/03 and led them to the premiership. He cleaned up the A Grade b&f, as well.

The comp is nowhere near the standard of metropolitan cricket, but that's nothing against the blokes who play in it. Just the way it is when you've got a relatively limited population to choose from.

hi everyone, new teacher to the area looking for a game
i have played rep cricket, could bat at 4 to 7 and bowl right arm off spin
i spoke to brad on here, he said go to woorinen, but with a long term injury to this vince guy, will woorinen struggle?
anyways, im looking for somewhere to play, could someone tell me if any sides are available?and perhaps some of the better players and the standard
ty

Luke Bennett? I think I played cricket with that guy about 8 years ago in Bendigo... Same bloke? He kept trying to claim catches that bounced a metre in front of him...

Inness#15 said:
Luke Bennett? I think I played cricket with that guy about 8 years ago in Bendigo... Same bloke? He kept trying to claim catches that bounced a metre in front of him...
i dont know the guy, only knew to the area but speaking with workmates suggests hes nothing but a fickle big mouth, oh and apparently appeals every ball, the catching thing doesn't surprise my colleagues

left foot long said:
i dont know the guy, only knew to the area but speaking with workmates suggests hes nothing but a fickle big mouth, oh and apparently appeals every ball, the catching thing doesn't surprise my colleagues

Gee mate make your mind up, a while back you announced your self as Luke, now you are saying that you don't know him. Which one is it???
I used to play cricket with him at Lalbert a couple of years back and know for a fact that he doesn't hold any catches to claim!!!

Travis Sticks Benham been giving the weights a fair touch up, is looking forward to a big year on the rum!!! Boga into the A grade, interesting considering they couldn't win the B'grade flag. Maybe they could ask Ahcmed McDonald to coach them. He has a good record!!!

ROOTA#6 said:
Travis Sticks Benham been giving the weights a fair touch up, is looking forward to a big year on the rum!!! Boga into the A grade, interesting considering they couldn't win the B'grade flag. Maybe they could ask Ahcmed McDonald to coach them. He has a good record!!!
brad clifton has the job...mc donald is a has been, ankle reconstruction has done him no favours, not that he was any good anyways.
brendan crabbe to take on the worst job in cricket(woorinen)
big news re cricket in the next month, wait for it
read all about in behind the line

left foot long said:
brad clifton has the job...mc donald is a has been, ankle reconstruction has done him no favours, not that he was any good anyways.

Luke Crow to coach Worrinen this year

left foot long said:

Clifton has the job does he, well good luck boga boys. So that will mean that Brad will open the bowling, the batting then take the gloves wheneva he wants. Should be good fun for the boys from the Lake. Luke Crow is coaching the tiges but wouldn't surprise if Houston does play out there.

***BREAKING NEWS***

2006/07 Woorinen line-up just in thanks to new coach Luke Crow

1.Luke Crow (c)
2.Tanner Groat (pending drug test)
3.Nick Dillon (pending social health)
4.Brendan Crabbe
5.Brad Clifton (pending retirement)
6.Glenn Smith
7.Dean Morpeth (pending form)
8.Daniel Demaria or twin Nick Cameron
9.Kade Groat (pending lovelife)
10.Dion Carmichael
11.Brandon Dixon
12th Man. Vince Mazzarella

iamfooty said:
***BREAKING NEWS***

2006/07 Woorinen line-up just in thanks to new coach Luke Crow

1.Luke Crow (c)
2.Tanner Groat (pending drug test)
3.Nick Dillon (pending social health)
4.Brendan Crabbe
5.Brad Clifton (pending retirement)
6.Glenn Smith
7.Dean Morpeth (pending form)
8.Daniel Demaria or twin Nick Cameron
9.Kade Groat (pending lovelife)
10.Dion Carmichael
11.Brandon Dixon
12th Man. Vince Mazzarella

Few in there for the tiges. What is taking Dixon out there, Todd Brown was pretty confident that he would keep him at the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back