Swan Hill and District Cricket Association Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying he is Medium pace at best. Do the SHDCA and the NDCA still play Sunday Rep. games? And who are touted as the teams to beat this year. I am aware that Woorinen CC won last season with Luke 'Walpy Boy' Crow dominant with the willow towards the end of the season.
Are there many Koori boys donning the whites this season, or have in the past??

Just saying he is Medium pace at best. Do the SHDCA and the NDCA still play Sunday Rep. games? And who are touted as the teams to beat this year. I am aware that Woorinen CC won last season with Luke 'Walpy Boy' Crow dominant with the willow towards the end of the season.
Are there many Koori boys donning the whites this season, or have in the past??

Luke played for UTUFCC last season Vet;)

Just shows that I don't know much about Swan Hill cricket. Thank you for straightening that out for me Roota. Must've been a couple of seasons that Crowy was out there. How time flies.

Had a look in todays Guardian and it says Nyah to be the side to beat. I remember playing against the 2 Boultons and with Tacka McKissack. Very handy cricketers indeed.

Tell me Roota....How deep do the teams run in regards to batting strength at club level? Jed Mensforth and Lee Paynter are 2 from a by gone era that spring to mind that could handle the willow. Who has the batting baton (so to speak) been handed to?

Just shows that I don't know much about Swan Hill cricket. Thank you for straightening that out for me Roota. Must've been a couple of seasons that Crowy was out there. How time flies.

Had a look in todays Guardian and it says Nyah to be the side to beat. I remember playing against the 2 Boultons and with Tacka McKissack. Very handy cricketers indeed.

Tell me Roota....How deep do the teams run in regards to batting strength at club level? Jed Mensforth and Lee Paynter are 2 from a by gone era that spring to mind that could handle the willow. Who has the batting baton (so to speak) been handed to?

I have been away for a few years now Vet so my knowledge of the comp is not what it used to be. In terms of batting, Richie Boulton is still churning out lots of runs As far as younger guys stepping up Dean Morpeth has come along and made lots of runs over the lasy year or 2. He captained Woorinen in the premiership last year. I think Tim Free even put a few scores together last year. Mensforth is still dangerous on his day.

Hopefully some of the lads can get on here and give us both an update on what is going on back there

Just wondering if any of you blokes got down to the Footy grounds and had a gander at the talent on show at the inaugural 20/20 tournament. In the Final, Shepparton made 210+ with Swan Hill getting around the 160+ mark in the run chase. Good cricket played throughout the day with some great solo performances.
I suggest (if you didn't) to go and have a look next year. Ask Craig Fletcher.

Just wondering if any of you blokes got down to the Footy grounds and had a gander at the talent on show at the inaugural 20/20 tournament. In the Final, Shepparton made 210+ with Swan Hill getting around the 160+ mark in the run chase. Good cricket played throughout the day with some great solo performances.
I suggest (if you didn't) to go and have a look next year. Ask Craig Fletcher.
Any chance of you vet pulling back on the whites at your peak you were master blaster with willow in hand as well as more the nhandy with the offspin

Has been a bit quiet on this thread guys, hopefully with the new season just around the corner it might spark up a bit. Anybody know of any early player movements out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the Tigers are sticking to last years plan by securing the October spoon before shifting into gear or are there some concerns out amongst the fruit blocks at Woora? Perhaps an SOS call or perhaps a Telstra 101 msg might be sent out to the Finch to come home. Are they missing the Finch Factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back