Mystery Suppressed Inventions that could've changed the World

Remove this Banner Ad

A water fuel cell is real tech, you may know it as a hydrogen fuel cell. They become powered by water when you use something like a solar panel to produce electrolysis, meaning that you can fuel it with water rather than straight hydrogen, and it acts somewhat like a battery.
I meant the amount of energy you get from burning hydrogen is less than what you have to put into the water to make the hydrogen in the first place. Using solar panels would help, although you would need a lot of them to make a useful amount of hydrogen.

Air powered vehicles?

Might just be urban legend, but the vehicles used at Vic Market are compressed air powered and the patent is supposedly owned by a conglomerate of major car manufacturers and never repeat manufactured as it threatens their profits.

Patent/demand farming isn't exactly a conspiracy theory or secret though - Gillette has bought a number of ceramic blade manufacturers over the years, and the LA public transport system towards the start of the 20th century was privatised, bought and reduced by automotive/tyre manufacturers.

It finally happened...

Heard my first 100 mpg carburetor story.

The story goes a mechanic out of Yarraville invented some kind of vapor system that allowed your car to run on nothing more than water. Apparently, the bloke who invented this got a knock on the door from some men in black, and his incredible steam car engine never saw the light of day.

Said with a straight face by a guy with a pretty tidy VK Blue Meanie. Suffice to say I won't be attending any more car meets.

I meant the amount of energy you get from burning hydrogen is less than what you have to put into the water to make the hydrogen in the first place. Using solar panels would help, although you would need a lot of them to make a useful amount of hydrogen.
well thats technically true of all energy though. it works as an energy storage system rather than an energy creation system, as you cannot create more energy than you put in. renewables are the closest we get to that kind of system, and the hydrogen fuel cells are a way of storing renewable energy in a form that is not polluting when burned.

I'd only heard of three of those inventions. Interesting stuff and will edit this post later with more thoughts.

The water fuel cell as they describe it would violate a golden principle of physics, the conservation of energy. Meyer's death looks shady though, so maybe there was something there. FWIW I think someone else once claimed to have invented a water-powered car??

Greek fire - very well known and it made a brief comeback (with different composition) as napalm from WW2 to Vietnam.

Chronovisor - had heard of it but sounds far-fetched to have been invented by a priest. Safe to say that one's a hoax.

I hadn't heard of the cloud buster, starlite, rife devices, sloot digital coding system, Ogle's carburettor or project x.a (made obsolete by vaping). They mostly sound pseudo-sciency and I'm sceptical, except maybe for Ogle's carburettor. Starlite coating (if it's real) would be excellent for hypersonic aircraft and as a heat shield for spaceships. Ceramic tiles are effective, but if they fall off, your spaceship is toast!

Browns gas consumes more energy than it creates so from a vehicle perspective it didn't add up.

Although I thought it might make a reasonable battery for a home via solar panel generation.
Im not sure how well Browns gas stores so it could be useless as a battery.
Lithium batteries are expensive.

There is however now better stuff.

Look at the geopolymers now used for heat shielding made from things like fly ash.

well thats technically true of all energy though. it works as an energy storage system rather than an energy creation system, as you cannot create more energy than you put in. renewables are the closest we get to that kind of system, and the hydrogen fuel cells are a way of storing renewable energy in a form that is not polluting when burned.

Hydrogen is bastard to store as it leaks like a bitch and needs big fancy tanks.

I was thinking of a submarine like the diesel electric Barracuda.
Throw away the diesel internal combustion engine and put in methanol hydrogen fuel cells where the fuel has been converted to a hydrocarbon.

Deadly silent although the fuel is less stable than the noisy diesel combustion engines.

No moving parts

The Russians might run a submarine on vodka with no real moving engine parts and an exhaust that produces oxygen which comes in handy for submariners.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_methanol_fuel_cell

Last edited:
Either way an ethanol generator in an electric car does substantially add to distance without needing the charging station and or get rid of one the expensive lithium batteries.

e218e106f94dc257bf1b33fe0b0faed8d5e372ffeac452bff697a437480e1cff.jpg

Air powered vehicles?

Might just be urban legend, but the vehicles used at Vic Market are compressed air powered and the patent is supposedly owned by a conglomerate of major car manufacturers and never repeat manufactured as it threatens their profits.

Patent/demand farming isn't exactly a conspiracy theory or secret though - Gillette has bought a number of ceramic blade manufacturers over the years, and the LA public transport system towards the start of the 20th century was privatised, bought and reduced by automotive/tyre manufacturers.
What vehicles are these?

What vehicles are these?
The little metal runabouts used to drag around the trolleys before/after trading times.
There were only 10-20 made before the patent was bought out although I believe the patent was for the engine, not the vehicle.

The little metal runabouts used to drag around the trolleys before/after trading times.
There were only 10-20 made before the patent was bought out although I believe the patent was for the engine, not the vehicle.
The really loud things? I never took any notice of them, assumed it was all cleaning items, and when I lived in North Melbourne I would've only come into contact with them when I was sloshed or had headphones in (also sloshed).

Interesting.

I don't know if I am the only person who remembers this but many many years ago there was news of an upcoming invention that was going to be released onto the market place that was going to completely change our lives. There was a countdown to the time when the invention was going to revealed. Now I cannot remember who exactly was the main backer behind this new invention but it I believe it was the vice president of Apple. Anyway rumours leading up to the revelation of this new invention was that it was going to be an anti gravity vehicle and it was going to hover off the ground..........this new invention though ended up being the Segway.
I mean seriously they thought the Segway was going to completely transform our lives and you would think someone as high up enough at Apple would know this.
I believe that there was some kind of anti gravity vehicle and the American military got to this vice president told him it wasn't happening and the segway was given as a replacement, or it was the segway all along and it was just some promotional scam.
It would be easy to dismiss this as some promotional scam but my memory of the whole thing is that they were pretty serious in believing this invention was going to completely change our lives up until its reveal.........lol c'mon the Segway............anyway thought I would share.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Air powered vehicles?

I doubt the air powered vehicles would be a profound advancement considering the energy required to compress the air.

The real holy grail is extracting zero point (or vacuum) energy which some people say has been done and kept secret.

Air powered vehicles?

http://www.automostory.com/first-air-car.htm
There was a French invention

There was a guy in Qld who invented one that was basically a regular truck that compressed air as it went down hill and used this energy to supplement the regular engine

This is one you could Google back in the day but cant find it anymore

After the 1st world war a soldier began building the Glass razor shaver, idea being the glass will never go blunt meaning you won’t ever need to replace the blade. Gillette bought him out after threatening to kill him and essentially very violent stuff in between forcing him to hand it over and then took that to court in 1932 to stop a US based company from making and selling the product (he had sold the rights to them). Gillette won and now own the patent since then and well never used it. All that plastic waste for no reason

This is one you could Google back in the day but cant find it anymore

After the 1st world war a soldier began building the Glass razor shaver, idea being the glass will never go blunt meaning you won’t ever need to replace the blade. Gillette bought him out after threatening to kill him and essentially very violent stuff in between forcing him to hand it over and then took that to court in 1932 to stop a US based company from making and selling the product (he had sold the rights to them). Gillette won and now own the patent since then and well never used it. All that plastic waste for no reason
Sounds good, except for you know, the whole glass is fragile and breaks easily the thinner it is (which is needed to form a blade).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back