Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Figured I'd create a thread about various media postings about the Suns. Seems to be a few missed articles, and this will hopefully bring people up to speed. If you see a good article, throw it up!

Here's one interviewing McKenzie.

In an ominous warning to North Melbourne, who the Suns face at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night, the wingman says he is starting to feel comfortable in the big league.

"I think a lot of us young boys are starting to get the confidence up," McKenzie said.

"The first few games was just a case of us finding our feet.

"I think with all of us, we are just getting more confident with every game we play.

"And I also think we are starting to gel better with each other, which makes it easier."

McKenzie headed into the season with not as much fanfare as the likes of housemate David Swallow and Zac Smith.

But those in the know expected good things.

The Victorian product is 191cm and still growing as well as being quick as they come with a booming left foot.

"I think we are a big chance," McKenzie said. "As a group we will take something out of (the West Coast) game, which was a good effort. But the Kangaroos are a good side so it is important we play to our strengths and hopefully get a win."

McKenzie is rapidly becoming my favourite player. :D

Ready for Opening round after hard off-season :)
424596582_878368104299592_6238424444203171270_n.jpg

Ben King is touch and go for Opening round. Bloody hell, I would love to know what his knee issue is. Hopefully, he did not do damage to his ACL late in the season. It seems the club keeps it secret.

Last edited:

"small HF role - Set patterns/ground up, ball use (kick to King), pressure, kick goals" Easy :)

Last edited:
Ben King is touch and go for Opening round. Bloody hell, I would love to know what his knee issue is. Hopefully, he did not do damage to his ACL late in the season. It seems the club keeps it secret.
Probably just bad luck, but not exactly a glowing endorsement for the bloke they brought in rehab the ACL guys is it. Weller went down with swelling (and then a tear) after a couple of weeks and King’s is still lingering 5?months after pulling up sore.

Probably just bad luck, but not exactly a glowing endorsement for the bloke they brought in rehab the ACL guys is it. Weller went down with swelling (and then a tear) after a couple of weeks and King’s is still lingering 5?months after pulling up sore.
That guy trained with them 5 days.

Not sure there’s a harder sport in the world on the knees than AFL unfortunately.

"small HF role - Set patterns/ground up, ball use (kick to King), pressure, kick goals" Easy :)
This guy is far to pretty to coach

BTW I used to work with his old man Nev at Hans in the early 2000s, Brad definitely got his looks from his mum, or the milkman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Der-Wayne Russell says Ben King isn’t in the top 25 forwards in the league

JUH is in, not sure that’s a fair assessment, thoughts?

Also Lukos stats are better than Miochecks

Last edited:
Der-Wayne Russell says Ben King isn’t in the top 25 forwards in the league

JUH is in, not sure that’s a fair assessment, thoughts?

Also Lukos stats are better than Miochecks
That list looks like he started out naming his top 25, then forgot what he was doing after the first like 4 so just started listing forwards as they came to his head. Which knowing Dwayne is exactly what happened.

This can only go well.....
Richmond also declared in 2010 (I think it was) they wanted 3 flags in 10 years. They got it.
If you dont have a goal you cant build towards, then what are you doing?. Everyone on the same page. I like the ambitious aim.

Richmond also declared in 2010 (I think it was) they wanted 3 flags in 10 years. They got it.
If you dont have a goal you cant build towards, then what are you doing?. Everyone on the same page. I like the ambitious aim.
We already declared we wanted to win a flag in 3 years...
In 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back