Sunbury Lose AGAIN !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers 2003 said:
Not really sure about that in A grade,but definatly in the lower grades.

You complete and utter moron, it just goes to show how little you know of the Sunbury.

If anything my alliance would be to Greenvale and by looking at the standard of players i wouild think Sunbury would have there measure.

cheers

As stated earlier, Sunbury FC don't have a junior club affilated with it, that prevents them moving to the EDFL. Sunbury Junior Football Club are very happy in with the Riddell Jnr Football League at the moment.

tige19 said:
it just goes to show how little you know of the Sunbury
Did,or didnot,sunbury plan to go the EDFL,but refused to play in lower then A grade EDFL ?If answer is 'yes' i rest my case.

anniswan said:
As stated earlier, Sunbury FC don't have a junior club affilated with it, that prevents them moving to the EDFL. Sunbury Junior Football Club are very happy in with the Riddell Jnr Football League at the moment.
Dont sunbury also have junior teams in Oakpark JFL?

tige19 said:
You complete and utter moron, it just goes to show how little you know of the Sunbury.

If anything my alliance would be to Greenvale and by looking at the standard of players i wouild think Sunbury would have there measure.

cheers
Greenvale?,and U call me a 'moron'.

tige19 said:

cheers[/QUOTE/]
Tige19,
arent u the idiot who thinks Gisborne is a 'good team'?

Dog Town said:
I am pretty sure that since they came into the BFL they have only missed one grand final and they won there last 3 in the RDFL before they moved.People always come out with the big "they have lots of money" line but the fact tis that the reason they have been so succesful is that there under 18s have been ridiculously succesful and it means they always have good home grown talent coming through.

Dont think they will move to the EDFL because they would have to start in b grade.From memory that was the reason they didn't move last time this came up.Clubs in the entire region just dont like Sunbury (other comps included) and love to see them fail.I dont like them all that much either but geez they have had alot of success oveer the last 10 years.

Absolutely 100% correct. We dont have to buy players to be successful most of our juniors are quality footballers. Shown throughout the year with not one big name recruit coming to play at sunbury. Sure you get the stragglers from other clubs but they are all really locally based anyway.

anniswan said:
No Deer Park JL either, closest is WRFL and no Sunbury Junior team is in that.
WRFL is successor to Deer Park JFL.i checked it out.I'm not saying you were wrong on NO DPJFL ,i just asked elsewhere what's it called these days.

I love it how the Sunbury people after the game were again claiming
"We wuz robbed"

For god sake they sook year after year. Do they think the red card was just because the umpire felt like it? For the record he was charged with "Misconduct in that he dropped his knees into the Melton player".
The tribunal was last night and the player was found guilty and suspended.

Sunbury FC - your own fault - AGAIN.

BrownDog2 said:
I love it how the Sunbury people after the game were again claiming
"We wuz robbed"

For god sake they sook year after year. Do they think the red card was just because the umpire felt like it? For the record he was charged with "Misconduct in that he dropped his knees into the Melton player".
The tribunal was last night and the player was found guilty and suspended.

Sunbury FC - your own fault - AGAIN.

How long did he get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grandale said:
How long did he get?

O'Connor gets one-match ban
Tuesday, 27 September 2005

SUNBURY'S Alan O'Connor was handed a one-match ban at a marathon two-hour Ballarat Football League tribunal hearing last night.
The 20-year-old defender accepted the suspension but was upset the misconduct report for kneeing Melton's Dane Grenfell had cost his team dearly on grand final day, September 17.

Emergency umpire Steve McConville reported O'Connor in the opening term of Sunbury's shock loss and banished him to the bench on a red card for the rest of the match.

McConville had entered the field to show the card as Grenfell was bunched up on the ground holding his waist.

Emergency goal umpire Barry Eppingstall also booked the star defender.

The Bloods stormed over the Lions late in the fourth quarter with an extra man on the field. "I reckon the red card rule has to be looked at," said a dejected O'Connor, as he left the tribunal.

"It influenced the outcome of the game so much. The damage had already been done before tonight.

"I'm not going to say we would have won if I had of played the whole game, but we would have had a better chance."

O'Connor predicted he would be suspended on his arrival at Saxon House with club officials, captain Daryl Griffin, and AFL player advocate Iain Findlay.

He was upbeat and relaxed before the hearing began.

Findlay produced a slow-motion video clip of the incident, edited by Channel Seven.

The footage showed a central umpire within five metres of O'Connor and Grenfell when the offence occurred after their bone-crunching marking contest.

No officiating umpire made a report.

Findlay argued the matter should have been thrown out on the back of this and O'Connor's clean record.

The interleague centre half back had played 12 years of junior and senior football without being reported or sent off.

However, the independent tribunal found the evidence of the emergency umpires was enough to sustain the charge.

McConville told the tribunal O'Connor dropped both knees into Grenfell as the forward struggled to pick himself off the ground.

O'Connor said he had merely brushed him with his shin.

Grenfell said he was unsure how the contact was made as he was winded and gasping for air after the initial marking contest.

"I was out of breath and was on my hands and knees," he said.

"I was already tender because of the initial contact. I felt a jab from the second incident and it didn't feel like someone had pushed me, but it felt solid."

O'Connor could miss either the lightning premiership or the first round of the 2006 home-and-away season.

He said his teammates had been supportive, helping to ease the pain of the club's grand final disappointment.

"I was shattered because I felt like I had let the team down.

"I was speechless and I didn't know what to say to my team-mates, but the guys have been really good for me," he said.

Haven't seen the incident but you wont find a fairer player than O'Connor.

Dog Town said:
Haven't seen the incident but you wont find a fairer player than O'Connor.

So does that mean he's available to play from halfway through the first quarter in Sunbury's round 1 game next year? After all, he has already served three and a half quarters of an ban!!!
That result just goes to show was a joke the red-card rule is. The VCFL must act pronto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back