AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
A tough day.
A long week.
A hard year.

Whatever.

Not going anywhere. Still going to wear my GC Suns t-shirt today.

Plenty to like and dislike, not much to look back on but lots to look forward to, it can get worse but hoping it wont.

Focusing on the positives.
  • As in, I think we have the best playing strip in the comp. Love the colour. And I love the effing trumpet!!!
Looking forward to some success one day.
  • As in, I started following the Golden State Warriors in 1988.
  • At that time our most recent high draft pick was a drug addict and ruined his career. Our best player was coming out of alcohol rehab. Ten years later our best player tried to strangle the head coach during practice. We had one of the worst owners in sports.
  • And then it turned. It turned big time. Still smiling.

PS. Not really sure what 'sticking fat' means but I am all in!

A tough day.
A long week.
A hard year.

Whatever.

Not going anywhere. Still going to wear my GC Suns t-shirt today.

Plenty to like and dislike, not much to look back on but lots to look forward to, it can get worse but hoping it wont.

Focusing on the positives.
  • As in, I think we have the best playing strip in the comp. Love the colour. And I love the effing trumpet!!!
Looking forward to some success one day.
  • As in, I started following the Golden State Warriors in 1988.
  • At that time our most recent high draft pick was a drug addict and ruined his career. Our best player was coming out of alcohol rehab. Ten years later our best player tried to strangle the head coach during practice. We had one of the worst owners in sports.
  • And then it turned. It turned big time. Still smiling.

PS. Not really sure what 'sticking fat' means but I am all in!

And he had one of the best names of all time Latrell Sprewell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to see, saints have been through this crap aswell and its the supporters like yourselves that help the club move on by showing up every week.

in saying that give us some players :p:p

I really feel for you guys. Although I list myself as a hawks supporter, I live in Sydney and have only really been following the AFL for 5 years. I have a real soft spot for the suns.

The danger of the start up situation is that there are so many very young players all arriving at the club at the same time, and it only takes one bad apple (as it turns out that would appear to be KH) to have a profound influence on some of those players in a negative way. I absolutely love GAJ, he is arguably the best player the game has ever seen, but I don't know that he's a strong leader. I find it incomprehensible that he could say he had no idea that any of this was going on.

We've never really found out why McKenna was sacked. Makes me wonder if he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to deal with the massive culture problem enveloping the club.

No doubt there will be changes to the playing list at the end of the year. However, you have a very talented list. It just needs the direction that GWS have managed to instil into their younger players.

I really hope Harley stays. He has the talent to be anything. Just needs the proper discipline and direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back