Injury Stevens out for season.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is real worry at the club about Koby's health right now. There is talk he will hang the boots up at the end of this year if things persist.

Hope he makes a full recovery. So sad.

There is real worry at the club about Koby's health right now. There is talk he will hang the boots up at the end of this year if things persist.

It doesn't look good. Such disappointment in his failure to report these problems earlier, continuing to put his hand up to play has only made things worse. I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago but nothing has changed since, he can't even spend much time around the club because of the symptoms he's been having - very similar to the Liam Picken situation at the Dogs in the sense that he can't even do basic things like run a lap without feeling dizzy. He's spent most of his time away from the club, at this stage no one is concerned whether or not he plays again, it's his long term health because he's really struggling.

It doesn't look good. Such disappointment in his failure to report these problems earlier, continuing to put his hand up to play has only made things worse. I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago but nothing has changed since, he can't even spend much time around the club because of the symptoms he's been having - very similar to the Liam Picken situation at the Dogs in the sense that he can't even do basic things like run a lap without feeling dizzy. He's spent most of his time away from the club, at this stage no one is concerned whether or not he plays again, it's his long term health because he's really struggling.
Yep I agree mate a real worry for him & his family.

Ditto for me George...….it does sound pretty damn bad for him...… hope he makes a full recovery.

If the medics say quit...… his health is always first.

Admired him at the Dogs and he had a few good ones for us.

The concussion gods have certainly frowned down at the club since the start of 2017.

Real chance both Stevens and Roberton are finished, with the sword of Damocles hanging over McCartin.

And Jake Niall is advocating a priority pick for ... Carlton.
I'm thinking the same Punter re Robbo and Stevens………….Paddy's hanging by a thread IOM.

I saw that this morning re Carlton...…….a triple Lllllooooollll.

I'm thinking the same Punter re Robbo and Stevens………….Paddy's hanging by a thread IOM.

I saw that this morning re Carlton...…….a triple Lllllooooollll.

It just really annoys me. We fell in a hole in the second year of Watters, and after one noncompetitive year under Richo, we essentially bounced straight back. We didn't collect the top end talent because we wanted to start winning straight away. We've never cheated like Essendon or Carlton have. And we get sent into the corner for being in debt to the AFL because they lived with a dodgy deal at Marvel Stadium.

If we have three career ending injuries in 2018, all arguably best 22, with Robbo 2nd in the B&F last year and in the AA squad, then we should demand compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've never cheated like Essendon or Carlton have. And we get sent into the corner for being in debt to the AFL because they lived with a dodgy deal at Marvel Stadium.

...or the Dees who apparently didn't tank but still got fined $500 000 for "not tanking" and then got Pick number 3 compensation for Frawley, as a poorly disguised priority pick o_O

Wow. I really hope Koby pulls through. He was a warrior for us anytime he pulled on the jumper.

I can't help but think we're a little bit cursed. The Red Sox had the Curse of the Bambino. I wonder what ours is...

footy is just a small part of this .. Koby has many many more years ahead of him in life after footy to think this not only could end his footy career but could potentially change his life forever ... its things like this that annoy me when people call players soft these guys put everything on the line week after week

Let's say Koby, Robbo, Paddy all retire by seasons end, I really do hope not. Would we really get priority pick for them?
Nope. Just the way it is. But Carlton will get one because they have recruited the rubbish busts from GWS.

YUP

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the sound of Richo's press conference, sad to say it but I don't think Koby will play again. Richo said "He might be able to play some football again in the future." That is a very worrying comment.

A shocking year for freak injuries. All the best to Koby, he must be devastated..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back