New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers

Height: 185 cm

Weight: 83 kg

Date of Birth: 21st June 1985

Nickname: Sal

Twitter Handle: @ssalopek3

Position: Midfielder

SANFL Club: Glenelg

Recruited From: Dandenong Stingrays (2002 National Draft Pick #6)

Career Games (to end of 2012): 121 (55 wins, 66 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2012): 53

For more career stats click here.

Honours:

More info on Steven Salopek:
After a disappointing 2011, Steven failed to record a match at AFL level in 2012. It was a tumultuous year for Sal. After being dropped to the SANFL reserves by Glenelg early in the season, Steven changed clubs to Port Adelaide mid season. His form was erratic although his best was very good throughout the year. Steven chose to leave the club at the end of 2012, to seek a new home via free agency. Steven played 121 AFL, 43 SANFL and 4 SANFL reserves matches whilst on Port Adelaide's list.

Highlight Reel:

Oops, I haven't even been IN this forum before. Oh well, I'll have to make up for lost time :)

Looking forward to big things from the Sal this year. Last year was a breakthrough year for him, but now it's time for him to consolidate his rightful place in the panthenon of elite midfielders.

I'm gonna go trawling to see if I can find some articles relating to his performance pre-season...

n668067098_286202_6473.jpg

After FINALLY getting some luck in terms of injuries, and hence being able to string games together, he is showing everyone what we always knew he was capable of, even if some (myself included at least to some degree) believe he isn't playing a role in the team that best suits him.

yes the injury free season has allowed him to finally gain some form!

he knows how to get the ball and use it, lacks pace, but i'm guessing he's got a big tank?

Salopek can still get heaps better and to that end it would be good to see him get some opportunities to showcase his talent in the guts rather than out on the wing. I'd also like to see him get forward and kick a few more goals more rather than getting the majority of his kicks in the back half.

went to watch the game at Skilled last sunday and thought that Sal was a bit quiet and did not even know he was playing until he did a tackle which was on the screen. Got in the Power best so must have played ok

32 disposals 16K 16H. Led Port's disposals and contested possessions (12). Did some genuinely courageous things and was deservedly high among the best players for Port.

And what happens 12 days later?

A ____ing Achilles Strain ... 3+ weeks

Gotta feel for the guy... finally racks up half a season together, is on career best form, and then this

All week the news services were reporting he'd had restricted training sessions because of achilles soreness. But Choco goes right ahead and picks him because it's all about picking the best side you can. And he breaks down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All week the news services were reporting he'd had restricted training sessions because of achilles soreness. But Choco goes right ahead and picks him because it's all about picking the best side you can. And he breaks down.

Same as Michael Wilson last yr. Lucky he didn't snap it

What's the latest on Salopek? I love the guy and he's been awesome in my DT but i'm worried Port will be in no hurry to bring him back given your ladder postion. Even if he gets back i'm also concerned about limited time on ground. Anyone got the real story here? Thanks...

Was listed a 3-4 week injury. Being a younger player and potential future leader, I'd expect he would be brought back in when he's ok. They might hold that off a bit longer tho.

Was listed a 3-4 week injury. Being a younger player and potential future leader, I'd expect he would be brought back in when he's ok. They might hold that off a bit longer tho.

Thx Ford. Tough decision... not sure if my DT can handle a premier mid like the Pek on my bench for 4-5 matches.

I'm holding PBurg and Studly Chadly of course.

What's the latest on Salopek? I love the guy and he's been awesome in my DT but i'm worried Port will be in no hurry to bring him back given your ladder postion. Even if he gets back i'm also concerned about limited time on ground. Anyone got the real story here? Thanks...

Don't expect to see him for about 2-4 games (incuding the break). You're probably better off trading him out

His preseason has probably been among the slowest of all the players. He is building towards full fitness, but has had some significant time out of high intensity training with Achilles problems. I would bank on him being more influential in the second half of the year, if things go well. If he was fit and firing, you could bank on him averaging mid 20s per game on a high disposal % no problem.

Re: 3 Steven Salopek

Despite an apparently limited pre-season, he has managed to string four games together without injury, and LOOK AT THE RESULTS.

Can we please finally get an injury-free season please please please please please.

Despite an apparently limited pre-season, he has managed to string four games together without injury, and LOOK AT THE RESULTS.

Can we please finally get an injury-free season please please please please please.

For **** sakes.

This bullshit could make a grown man cry.

Injured again, dislocated shoulder after tackling the opposition, ie doing the team thing.

Came back too early from the shoulder ... Kingsley insistes on playing him as a half-back sweeper, confidence is dented and now he's running around at Brighton Rd, while our midfield is getting smashed!!!!:mad:

Unfortunately with salopek, it's become a question of which injury he will have this season, rather than whether he can have an injury-free season or not... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back