Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Collingwood has made five changes to its side to take on Melbourne at the MCG on Friday night.

Following last Friday’s disappointing 20-point loss to last-placed Richmond, 2006 Copeland Trophy winner Alan Didak has been named after missing one week with a hip injury, while young midfield star Scott Pendlebury returns after missing two matches with a fractured foot.

Also coming into the side are ruckman Guy Richards, in place of Josh Fraser, who has been forced out with an ankle injury, and Shane Wakelin replaces fellow veteran defender Simon Prestigiacomo, who has been omitted.

Young forward Sean Rusling is the fifth inclusion, coming in for his first game of the season after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction during the preseason. He has been extremely impressive in his two matches back at Williamstown.

Tyson Goldsack, Alan Toovey and Paul Licuria are the other exclusions, all having been omitted.

Danny Stanley and Sharrod Wellingham join Prestigiacomo as emergencies.

Meanwhile, Melbourne has made two changes, bringing in midfielder Brock McLean and utility Matthew Bate, for injured pair James Frawley and Brent Moloney.

2007 AFL Premiership Season – Round 20
Collingwood v Melbourne
Friday 17 August
7:40pm, MCG

COLLINGWOOD
B: James Clement, Shane Wakelin, Tarkyn Lockyer
HB: Heath Shaw, Harry O’Brien, Ben Johnson
C: Rhyce Shaw, Scott Burns, Ryan Cook
HF: Nick Maxwell, Anthony Rocca, Scott Pendlebury
F: Dale Thomas, Travis Cloke, Sean Rusling
Foll: Guy Richards, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis
Int: Dane Swan, Chris Bryan, Alan Didak, Paul Medhurst
Emg: Danny Stanley, Sharrod Wellingham, Simon Prestigiacomo

In: Guy Richards, Shane Wakelin, Scott Pendlebury, Alan Didak, Sean Rusling
Out: Josh Fraser (injured – ankle), Tyson Goldsack, Alan Toovey, Simon Prestigiacomo, Paul Licuria

MELBOURNE
B: Ben Holland, Nathan Carroll, Nathan Brown
HB: Daniel Bell, Ryan Ferguson, Paul Wheatley
C: Matthew Bate, James McDonald, Travis Johnstone
HF: Brad Green, Michael Newton, Colin Sylvia
F: Byron Pickett, David Neitz, Russell Robertson
Foll: Jeff White, Lynden Dunn, Nathan Jones
Int: Brock McLean, Mark Jamar, Aaron Davey, Jace Bode
Emg: Daniel Miller, Brad Miller, Simon Buckley

In: Brock McLean, Matthew Bate
Out: James Frawley (injured – ankle), Brent Moloney (injured – adductor)

from collingwoodfc.com.au

I think the changes are reasonable. Prestigiacomo obviously not match fit and needs a break, while Tyson Goldsack has served well over the last couple of months, so a break is what is needed for him too, but lets hope he wasn't omitted, not deserving. Licuria has been dreadful, lets face it, and there is no point risking Josh Fraser whether the injury is severe or not. At least Toovey was shown the door.

I will be honest, I am excited about the inclusions. Sean Rusling will be interesting to see, we are all aware he was going to play a big part in the season before injury. It is also worth smiling at the inclusions of injured duo in Pendlebury and Didak, both in to re-jig the midfield. Wakelin comes in for Presti, and Richards for Fraser.

Will be interesting to see the two ruckman in Bryan and Richards teaming up.

Would be surprised if there isn't a late change and one of Stanley/Wellingham are included.

So very relieved to see Toovey dropped. I don't think I could have gone to the match tomorrow night knowing he would be running out again.

Good luck Sean Rusling. :thumbsu:

Good luck Rus

Could we still see Bucks?
Not named as an emergency, so I would say not.

Clarke rested but playing for Willi... I think Malthouse is pulling a swifty and wants to see some more kids, hence I expect a late change and Stanners/Sharrod to come in.

Presti omitted, but named as an emergancy???

Is he injured, or just MM pulling the wool?
Been replaced by Wakes i think. Cant be an injury though. Good to see Pendlebury back

Presti omitted, but named as an emergancy???

Is he injured, or just MM pulling the wool?

Presti has been named at fullback for Williamstown. He needs to find some form. Wakes was stiff to be omitted in the first place. Our backline has not been the same since the return of Presti & Clement. Both have missed a fair bit of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would feel more comfortable with Presti in the side than Wakelin.

I wouldnt, Wakelin has been exceptional

Cant believe our ruck stocks though, if you could call them that!

And good luck The Rus! The Saviour! Only problem with Rus is that when he leads from the goal square at the G, he marks the ball 50 out at the Coventry End ;)

And I hope the 'Sack is only resting, not injured or omitted. He is a future legend!

does mick malthouse not understand the concept of winning games!!

wtf is clarke out for?!

resting wtf does he need a rest for?

Just wondering do other clubs exercise this ******ed system of resting young players while their dominating

I don't know enough about Dids' injury, but let me assure you that Pendles playing tomorrow night would be the absolute barest minimum timeframe to come back in, regardless of how minor the fracture is. It is a documented fact that lower limb fractures as a general rule take longer to unite than upper limb, and it will be just < 3 weeks since he sustained it against the Lions.

I would not be in the least surprised if Pendles didn't play and Stanley came in for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back