XBX Starfield

Remove this Banner Ad

"Finished" this last night. All the side quests etc done and then I went to the unity and started NG+.

I've never cared for NG+ so that will do me for now. Really enjoyed the game and will be back for the DLC.

Finished my first playthrough. That was awesome. I can see how it might be divisive for some, but as someone who only just watched Trip to Infinity on Netflix and enjoys reading/watching stuff about weird science I thought it was really cool.

Thoughts about the ending and how NG+ works
You spend so much time in your first playthrough. You think it's everything and carefully mull over big decisions. However in the end it's insignificant. The universe is bigger and in an infinite multiverse those choices and your universe are even less than a spec of dust. I sided with The Hunter because IMO the Emissary is a gate keeper and a megalomaniac. The Hunter realises that nothing matters as it will all happen again. However I'm far less incentivised to play faction quests or bother with outpost building again which I guess for a game like this can be seen as a negative.

I'm not doing it now as I'm going to have a break but next time I might wipe them both out and just become the Hunter myself. It also makes me think of the show Dark. The Emissary and Hunter say it always happens but is there a way to break the cycle? Maybe DLC will touch on that.

Just finished now.

I think once I unavoidably heard what the end game was, then checked what carried over - it killed the output building and even ship building for that matter. Wish I did all that stuff earlier.

Combined with pre-existing sandbox fatigue, the remainder of the game felt like a chore. That's on me though, not the game. Was a tonne of fun for the majority.

Be interested to see how they tackle the DLC.

I've also got Trip to Infinity on my Netflix watchlist but ready for my mind to turn to mush lol.

Just finished now.

I think once I unavoidably heard what the end game was, then checked what carried over - it killed the output building and even ship building for that matter. Wish I did all that stuff earlier.

Combined with pre-existing sandbox fatigue, the remainder of the game felt like a chore. That's on me though, not the game. Was a tonne of fun for the majority.

Be interested to see how they tackle the DLC.

I've also got Trip to Infinity on my Netflix watchlist but ready for my mind to turn to mush lol.
At first I was a bit bummed that I lost so much on NG+ but then I stopped thinking of it as NG+. It's not, you're Starborn and you're moving on. It still makes lots of the game's features redundant because I'm not sure I ever want to spend so much time on base building or side questing ever again, but it changes your opinion on your companions. You become less attached and don't care if they live or die because you're only going to move on again. The Hunter seems like a dick at first (even though I sided with him as the other seemed liked a gatekeeper) but you actually become The Hunter yourself.

I agree, not sure how they're going to handle DLC. I've got a save right before ending my first game and have an early NG+ one. Maybe before the DLC is released I'll decide on a NG+ universe and stay there and build it out a bit, otherwise just use my original save.

Enjoying the combat and gunplay but the game on a whole, probably not as much as Skyrim or Fallout 4. F4's smaller, condensed map was perfect for Bethesda's dynamic spawning engine and different enemies so close to each other so it meant a lot of chaos could happen. Could be escaping from a deathclaw which could lead to a base of scavengers enagaging both me and it and then roaming mutants joining in. It would be all out war. It felt more alive in that way. There's no sense of unpredicatability/anything can happen in this game. Been to a few dozen caves now in Starfield and not one interesting thing found yet. No quests or unique enemies in them at all. The best thing I have found is one with some turrets. They also cut and pasted the same bases and environmental growths over and over again..the procedually generated stuff just isn't as fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upcoming patch notes are out

Only that Starfield 2 is in early development and is due for release in late 2095 so that they can create several thousand heavily detailed and unique worlds to satisfy gamer's ridiculous demands.
Great, are they updating their engine too or is that too much of a demand, keeping within 10 years of the rest of the industry?

Good idea?

I went with the hunter

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
It seems to be the 'ideal' ending from what I can gather, but I haven't seen the others.
Great, are they updating their engine too or is that too much of a demand, keeping within 10 years of the rest of the industry?
Other open world games are still trying to catch up to the interactivity and immersion of Skyrim...

This may be a bit nit picky, but it'd be nice have an easier way to know what weapon takes which ammo. There's so many different variations it can be a bit hard to know which to buy when needed.

Also being able to craft/upgrade melee weapons would also be pleasant.

I was away overseas for all of Sep & Oct, so only started this in early November.

I'm a pretty slow and thorough player, so only getting to the pointy end of it now. I've had fun and been immersed as I usually am in Bethesda games. However, there's so many obvious design issues that I'm baffled weren't implemented or sorted before release.

1. A filter / list of cities and outposts to fast travel to - having to manually find them via the starmap everytime is absurd. The amount of times I've forgotten which planet the Red Mile is on, or forgotten that New Homestead or Hopetown even exist...
  2. A database of planet scan data to quickly filter which planets have what resources. Such a basic and easy idea to implement.
  3. An easier and more logical skill tree. The amount of time it takes to level up enough to gain even the most basic skills is ridiculous. You basically have to complete half the game before you can reload faster and craft a few weapon and ship parts.
  4. Further to the skill tree - it's basically impossible to do a "build". Ground combat and space combat are both integral to the game, yet trying to get even a basic level of competency in both takes forever. Further, outposts, habitats and planet scanning are basically useless without also putting points into - but these are supposed to be core gameplay mechanics. It's not like choosing between a stealth, archery, one handed, two handed or magic user in Skyrim. Pretty much every skill tree has absolutely essential skills that you'll use multiple times throughout the game.
  5. Quests that actually give a useful amount of XP. Completing a sidequest might reward 75xp and take 30 minutes to do. Shooting one pirate might give 100xp. The xp rewards for quests needs to be significantly increased.

^ honestly if you're on PC just better just using the console to add skills and perks. That's what I did to unlock a lot of stuff because I'm not grinding that long just to earn 2 skill points. Then upped the difficulty to the highest to keep the challenge. No regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back