Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

You will need to give the ignorant some backstory of where this fits into the SW universe. Mando is fizzling quickly atm so hopefully this is ok
Story ties together characters and story threads from Star Wars Rebels, Clone Wars and non-canon Timothy Zahn books. The Zahn stories gives Filoni (who is good at tying in a lot of legends stuff into the new shows) a strong foundation for a good show. Rebels less so (very kiddy show in my opinion).

Thrawn will be the main overarching villain. In the Zahn books, he is a hyper intelligent blue humanoid alien that returns from the unknown regions to take control of a collapsing Empire, and then nearly succeeds in re-conquering the galaxy with very few resources. Similar starting situation in the new lore.

There will be a few character and story threads (too many to explain) that casual watchers will likely miss, but Filoni will ease those watchers into it.

Post Palpatine Empire and post season 2 Mando timeline between episodes 6 and 7.

Last edited:

Heard some rumour/spoilers unfortunately today - but yes, it does.

Thoughts on the movie set 25 000 years before the Phantom Menace?

Other than some very basic principles, there are no strings attached so it could anything. Mangold is a very good writer, Director so if he ends up making this, I am sure it will be good.

If it has the biblical feel, it should explore the force with all the colours and I hope that we see the darkness that makes the first Jedi come together.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heard some rumour/spoilers unfortunately today - but yes, it does.

Thoughts on the movie set 25 000 years before the Phantom Menace?
Not sure about it, but should be interesting. Founding of the Jedi and Republic and end of the Rakata Empire, so there’s plenty there. No much old school lore, so not sure how strong the writing will be.

Not sure about it, but should be interesting. Founding of the Jedi and Republic and end of the Rakata Empire, so there’s plenty there. No much old school lore, so not sure how strong the writing will be.

Looking forward to Filoni directing the culmination film of all the mando shows. Also loving the ghost crew from rebels transitioning to live action.

I have quite enjoyed the sequel trilogy and by the end of next week will see ROS 4 times. While they made a big mistake not anchoring the trilogy with a central voice, they have managed to put together a pretty good story and more importantly, some interesting characters. It helps to have some genuinely good actors.

I couldn't give a rats if they copied beats from the originals, as long as you do it in a fresh way there is nothing wrong with that. But like TLJ I don't mind if they mix it up either. The prequels had the best trilogy story, but the worst direction/scripting/acting, so story alone a good film does not make.

My two favourite parts have to be Kylo's shrug and Poe's "come back to my house" face. Small moments but just loved it.

As for the "power" of the force users. They Force Unleashed it, for sure. But we see an elevation is force abilities as we move through the series. And I have no issue with Rey's abilities either as she obviously has power in her blood but more importantly, all this came to be once she touched the lightsaber. That is the moment and it is reinforced by the other Jedi voices, just as in this finale.

As for the future, they are free to go where they like, I just hope that is what creators are given. TFA had to be OT linked, had to be. However, while I enjoy Mandolorian, it is not really original or has a particularly interesting story at the moment, other than baby Yoda (I have the t-shirt), so I kinda laugh at people pointing to it as the direction. However, I would like to have some content from the current timelines mixed with the new we hopefully get. My kids love Rey, Poe and Finn and that tells me that they can move on from Skywalkers and not lose momentum.

Maybe Rey fighting the Yuuzhan Vong?

May have been into something ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have been into something ...
Maybe. The return of Thrawn (who joined the Empire as he believed only their system, method and military type could counter the Vong) definitely raises the possibility.

Read through the whole thread, have to admit I have changed a little.

ROTS has aged poorly for me, AOTC as well although I still really like the battle scenes.

Time to keep it going ...
I reckon the last 30 minutes of ROTS is epic in the SW saga

AoC battle scene looks like garbage on HD TVs now

I reckon the last 30 minutes of ROTS is epic in the SW saga

AoC battle scene looks like garbage on HD TVs now
I think ROS is average in most ways and most of it was due to lazy writing for the villains and protagonists. The whole scenario for the final battle was beyond dumb. Star destroyers can enter hyperspace in orbit, they don’t need a signal tower or anything like that. The first order and new republic were poorly developed too. Gave me no one to root for or root against.

Then again I am biased. I loved old legends and hated we got half-baked lore in return.

The phantom menace and the AOTC suffered a lot of similar problems with not developing the trade federation, Dooku or why there’s a separatist movement.

So Disney has announced three more features, giving Dave Filoni a bigger canvas. One film will include Daisy Ridley as Rey - too much to hope they remake the third in the recent trilogy and do it properly this time?
I think ROS is average in most ways and most if it was due to lazy writing for the villains and protagonists. The whole scenario for the final battle was beyond dumb. Star destroyers can enter hyperspace in orbit, they don’t need a signal tower or anything like that. The first order and new republic were poorly developed too. Gave me no one to root for or root against.

The phantom menace and the AOTC suffered a lot of similar problems with not developing the trade federation, Dooku or why there’s a separatist movement.

I’m confused

Rise of Skywalker?

I’m confused

Rise of Skywalker?
Yes.

Revenge of the Sith had issues too, but at least it fleshed out the wider world/galaxy/lore. In the sequels 7-9, you barely had a clue what was happening in the galaxy, which meant there was no stakes.

Yes.

Revenge of the Sith had issues too, but at least it fleshed out the wider world/galaxy/lore. In the sequels 7-9, you barely had a clue what was happening in the galaxy, which meant there was no stakes.

R o Skywalker an abomination

Full stop

Eh I didn't mind ros coz it cleaned up everything.as much as it could. It did well to give c3p0 an important role whilst also allowed a way of using leia/ carrie. Fact is as stated they should have had a consistent voice and direction for all 3 films. Tfa although a copy of anh set up the series well but then tlj took it in another direction, only for ros to take tljs ending in another direction also. I didn't mind palpatine returning as it was something from the eu, however shoehorning rey as her granddaughter was a crock of shit. This is obviously where the tv series and comic books are filling in the gaps however obviously that shouldn't be that case as any movie should be able to stand on its own

Remove this Banner Ad

Back