Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Certainly. But they aren't going to be paying the million bucks to pay out any contract to the Pies.

He would be on at least $400 k at Collingwood.
He has 2 years to run on that contract.
There will be a financial settlement and that will be the reason for the delay.
Have no dramas with Eade moving but if the same thing occurred at your club, as late as in the piece and planning for season 2015, you would be of the same view.

Ed is happy with Eade moving.
It's just up to GC now to compensate the contractual shortfall.
If you induce a contract to be broken in the business world, that is standard practise.

Well hopefully you play as hardball as you did with Beams, all bluff and bluster and then caved. Our offer is $0

In fact if Eddie is so happy then perhaps he should compensate us as you no longer have to pay Eades contract. I want 1 MILLION DOLLARS

Ed is happy with Eade moving.
It's just up to GC now to compensate the contractual shortfall.
If you induce a contract to be broken in the business world, that is standard practise.
Eddie sounded pretty placid this morning on The Hot Breakfast when asked about Eade leaving, but got irate when the discussion of broken contracts came in lol. If GC didn't give him a call directly, I imagine he will have popped a vessel or two.

Like you said though, it's probably AFLHQ paying the difference, which will piss off Eddie even more. Like him or not, he has a vendetta against non-Vic clubs!

Contracts don't mean s**t in the AFL, you know that.

They are legally binding and there is quite a deal of difference between the importance of a playing contract (which has reduced due to FA) and a non playing contract.
The equalisation tax has meant contracts in a football dept. sense have more clout.

Breaking contracts aren't really a laughing matter.
Generally there comes some legal obligations with doing so.
Only if one party wants to hold the other to the terms of the contract, you stated that Eddie was happy Eade is leaving so it wont be an issue, Eddie will holla and shout and then disappear just like any other hot balloon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Rocket. This will be huge for you guys, he is literally the perfect coach for your list. Attack the s**t out of it gameplan and great people skills. If he has you playing like he had us you're going to be unreal entertainment wise.

Another reason why Gold Coast are 50x more likeable than GWS. :thumbsu:.

You guys will be ******* scary next year with Eade at the helm. I'm not sure if any of you watched us in '08, '09 and '10 but we were probably the most explosive and all out attacking teams in the league. You have the perfect playing group for his style and I'm going to dread playing against you because of it.

Seriously smart move by the Suns. Will now be my second team, loved Rocket. Would have loved a second coming from him at the Dogs but obviously this doesn't generally happen (although there would only be 6-7 players left on the list from his tenure). Great appointment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back