South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thought I'd have a crack as well.. It is very hard I must say. I'm sure I've left some other big names out.. But I'm sure if this side was to play it would prove to be a good team.

B: M.Gore (Heath), L. Malseed (Hey), S. Rhodes (Tyr)

HB: R.Clark (Tyr), Si.Jones (Dart), P. Young (Heath)

C: H.Dyke (West) , P.Roberts (Heath), B.Millard (Hey)

HF: J.Imbi (Hey), J.Bell (Hey), J.Saunders (Hey)

FF: A.Schurman (Cav), T.Annett (West), R.Cracknell (West)

Rucks: M. Keem (West), D.Pemberton (West), S. Clark (Tyr)

Int: R.Bluemink (Heath), J.Mccrae (Dart), A.Barr (Hey), S.Obrian (Hey)

Some great teams of the year being put up. Seems to be a general trend with the same 15ish players being selected in most. I'm not sure if Reece cracknells done enough to be in. He has kicked a lot of goals and played some great footy but I thought jase McRae might be ahead slightly, just a thought. Will be interesting with blokes like JB and Pete Roberts who are clearly good enough but might not have played the games to get in.

League Medal:Hayden dyke, Benny Millard
2nd/3rd: Scotty Clarke (not really that many blokes pinching votes from him) . Damien Pemburton.

Match ups pretty good there I think catchmeifucan. David Alexander would prob play on John bell and depending where obrien plays, Bryce Hanson might get the job with him or maybe westerns skipper Tim frost. Hopefully we get to see these 2 meet on a dry day with full lists as it would be an absolute cracker I think!

Some great teams of the year being put up. Seems to be a general trend with the same 15ish players being selected in most. I'm not sure if Reece cracknells done enough to be in. He has kicked a lot of goals and played some great footy but I thought jase McRae might be ahead slightly, just a thought. Will be interesting with blokes like JB and Pete Roberts who are clearly good enough but might not have played the games to get in.

League Medal:Hayden dyke, Benny Millard
2nd/3rd: Scotty Clarke (not really that many blokes pinching votes from him) . Damien Pemburton.

Going back and seeing both Cracknells and Mccraes stats I would put Mccare before Cracknell. Good call!! Frost I couldnt see playing on Obrian on ball.. Maybe when Obrian is down forward. I dont think you could really run any player with any onball player for heywood. I just think their depth is to big. Try and shut one down and another will pop up. Best bet just go head to head and back each other to win their contested ball.

League Medal: Ben Millard
runner up: Looking at players stats/best, Scott clark/Damien Pemberton

I've noticed O'Brien is in a far few of the teams you have put out there, going on the logic about JB and Peter Roberts, do you think he has played enough games this season? Or is he being putting in on reputation. I think he has only played eigh or nine games.

Cracknell has been good when you think he has kicked 45 plus goals behind Annett who has kicked 65 goals. Together they have kicekd 100 plus goals.

Yeh true about cracknell. I think he will get in actually 50+ goals is a v good return for a small foward. Anyone have any thoughts on ressies premiers and league medal? Matt norton from westerns, zac Edwards from Heywood be up there I think

Intersting point about Steve O'Brien, I didn't realise that he had only played 10 games. So could easily see him missing out. I think Simon Jones is another one who could be on the borderline with only 12 games though you would think he gets the CHB gig. If they overlook him maybe Woodford from Tyrendarra might get a look. Has been consitently in the best.

Huge week coming up with the final two spots in the finals still up for grabs. Tyrendarra has sewn up 3rd spot with their win over Cavendish so the top three are set.

Cavendish vs Westerns - hard to see the Dish getting up here buit will throw everything at Westerns to try and sneak into the finals. Westerns should be too strong.

Tyrendarra vs Dartmoor - Darras have 3rd spot in the bag and Dartmoor should be safe if they lose on percentage. Both teams probably looking for a win to head into finals with some momentum. Should be a cracking game

And then Coleraine has the bye so will be nervously waiting to see how the results pan out. The only way they miss out is if Cavendish beat Westerns

Also heard a rumor that Tim Annet has gone down with a serious knee injury and his season could be all over. Would be a huge blow to Westerns premiership aspirations if he wasn't able to play again.

Also heard a rumor that Tim Annet has gone down with a serious knee injury and his season could be all over. Would be a huge blow to Westerns premiership aspirations if he wasn't able to play again.

Blue Whale... in today's Observer Adam Hawke is quoted as saying Annett hyper-extended his knee and should be right for this week and if not for finals. The report said he was on the ground clutching his knee for some time. He has had knee problems in the past so will be interesting to see. I would think Annett will try and get up and play seeing Schurmann from Cavendish is only three goals behind him in the league goal kicking. It would be good to see the goal kicking decided between the two during the same game.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Annett back again this year. He has had a dodgey knee for a while and still delivers. If he doesn't, he might not get picked in the team of the year with a handful of other quality players.

I see Dartmoor smashed Sandford on the weekend. Their form against quality opposition hasn't been consistent which is worrying coming up against Tyrendarra just before the finals.

Who would be the X-Factors for each team the duds going into the finals?

i
Intersting point about Steve O'Brien, I didn't realise that he had only played 10 games. So could easily see him missing out. I think Simon Jones is another one who could be on the borderline with only 12 games though you would think he gets the CHB gig. If they overlook him maybe Woodford from Tyrendarra might get a look. Has been consitently in the best.

Huge week coming up with the final two spots in the finals still up for grabs. Tyrendarra has sewn up 3rd spot with their win over Cavendish so the top three are set.

Cavendish vs Westerns - hard to see the Dish getting up here buit will throw everything at Westerns to try and sneak into the finals. Westerns should be too strong.

Tyrendarra vs Dartmoor - Darras have 3rd spot in the bag and Dartmoor should be safe if they lose on percentage. Both teams probably looking for a win to head into finals with some momentum. Should be a cracking game

And then Coleraine has the bye so will be nervously waiting to see how the results pan out. The only way they miss out is if Cavendish beat Westerns

I Still Think Simon Jones with 12 games would have done enough to get the nod in team of the year that is only 4 games he has missed.. and when he plays hes defaintly in dartmoors top 3 most games...if he were not to get picked for centre half back i would go with Craig Tosseti from coleraine going on what ive seen

I'm pretty sure we'll see Annett back again this year. He has had a dodgey knee for a while and still delivers. If he doesn't, he might not get picked in the team of the year with a handful of other quality players.

I see Dartmoor smashed Sandford on the weekend. Their form against quality opposition hasn't been consistent which is worrying coming up against Tyrendarra just before the finals.

Who would be the X-Factors for each team the duds going into the finals?

X factors
Tyrendarra: Tom polkinghorne, ability to take a big important mark and very dangerous around goal. A tough matchup given his speed and ability to 'play tall'
Heywood: winis imbi, if winis can find fitness coming into the finals he could be the difference for Heywood. He will patrol the HB line with his excellent skills and decision making
Westerns: Erik Stewart, bucket loads of skill and big game experience. Ability to turn a game. Will be getting more fitness with every hit out.
Dartmoor: jase McRae, can make something out of nothing. Super dangerous around goal and a very tough matchup when playing deep.
Coleraine: Eric Guthrie, not sure if the young fella can play finals for coleraine still being a junior but has blistering pace and resembles jarred Lewis in the way he plays.
Cavendish: Ross mcnaughton, very dangerous around goal and finds plenty of the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

X factors
Tyrendarra: Tom polkinghorne, ability to take a big important mark and very dangerous around goal. A tough matchup given his speed and ability to 'play tall'
Heywood: winis imbi, if winis can find fitness coming into the finals he could be the difference for Heywood. He will patrol the HB line with his excellent skills and decision making
Westerns: Erik Stewart, bucket loads of skill and big game experience. Ability to turn a game. Will be getting more fitness with every hit out.
Dartmoor: jase McRae, can make something out of nothing. Super dangerous around goal and a very tough matchup when playing deep.
Coleraine: Eric Guthrie, not sure if the young fella can play finals for coleraine still being a junior but has blistering pace and resembles jarred Lewis in the way he plays.
Cavendish: Ross mcnaughton, very dangerous around goal and finds plenty of the footy

reckon your pretty much spot there with x factors, id go with all pretty much the same but for heyood ill go with brent bailey An absloute freak when he is on song, Very experinced player been around for a long time..if he can get hes body right watch out come finals. very quick and agile for hes size is the perfect half foward flanker a hard match up can play tall or can play as crumbing foward could also play deep foward or have a stint on a wing if need

True, bailey is a gun when hes up and about.
Anyone have any thoughts on under 21 player and also each of the finals teams 'duds' like backinmyday touched on?

Not sure about the duds, but the only ones that come to mind for u21 would be J. Atrill, one of the Polaski boys or C.Mizzi from Heywood, think he played all year and pretty consistent..
X-factors for te finals: Saunders, Imbi's from Heywood, Evans, Stewart and Anson from Westerns (heaps of finals experience), Polaski boys and Howlett from Darty (haven't really lit it up yet, maybe ready to turn it on) and Big Z and Eats from Coleraine. Finals experience is the best x factor I can think of.

Reserves B&F feels pretty open, anyone from Westerns in with a shot? Edwards (HWD), Cheviler?(HEATH), Eats (TYR). Not sure who else, the teams chop and change a fair bit from what I see.

Also seen on FB a B&F and Smokey predictor for AFL clubs, anyone care to have a crack at that for SW?

Coming into the last round of the year and there are still possibilities of the top 5 changing only indicates to a exciting season in the SW.

A lot of focus on Westerns and Heywood going into the finals, although I don’t believe you can dismiss Tyrendarra, Dartmoor, Coleraine or Cavendish to rise at finals time.

It will be interesting to see which player takes out the best and fairest and who makes the team of the year considering some big names not qualifying due to the minimum game rule.

My players to watch in the finals are-

Westerns: S. Anson, H. Dyke, M. Keem, T. Annett (if fit) and Pemburton
Heywood: B.Millard, J.Imbi, J.Saunders, J. Bell (if fit) and B. Nash
Tyrendarra: S. Clark, T. O’Connell, T. Polkinghorne, S. Rhoads and C. Woodford
Dartmoor: McCrae, Polaski twins, Z. Michau and S. Jones
Coleraine: Z. McDonald, J. Eats, B. Waldron, C. Tosetti and J. Brown
Cavendish: A. Schurman, R. McNaughton, L. Lucas, L, Purcell and B. McInntosh

I know I have missed many quality players, but your welcome to comment.

Not sure about the duds, but the only ones that come to mind for u21 would be J. Atrill, one of the Polaski boys or C.Mizzi from Heywood, think he played all year and pretty consistent..
X-factors for te finals: Saunders, Imbi's from Heywood, Evans, Stewart and Anson from Westerns (heaps of finals experience), Polaski boys and Howlett from Darty (haven't really lit it up yet, maybe ready to turn it on) and Big Z and Eats from Coleraine. Finals experience is the best x factor I can think of.

Reserves B&F feels pretty open, anyone from Westerns in with a shot? Edwards (HWD), Cheviler?(HEATH), Eats (TYR). Not sure who else, the teams chop and change a fair bit from what I see.

Also seen on FB a B&F and Smokey predictor for AFL clubs, anyone care to have a crack at that for SW?

Jordan Atrill has only played the 3 2's games so count him out for best under 21, what about Daniel Mcdonnel from coleraine im pretty sure he is under 21 has been pretty good what ive seen and in the best alot

Dyke won the senior b & f from Millard and Pemburton
Kirk from Darras won the 2's from Michael Kerr of westerns
Kyle Richardson u/21 of the year
Robert bluemink won the observer and Paul's dairy awards

Team of the year
FB D. Alexander- west L. Malseed-hey. M. Phillips-dart
HB S. Rhodes-tyr S. Jones-dart. B.Millard-hey
C. L. Evans-west. B. Nash-hey. J.vaughan-hey
HF S.Clark (C) tyr. J.bell -hey. R.Cracknell-west
FF A.Shurmann -cav. T.Annett-west. R.bleumink-Heath
R. M.keem-west. H.Dyke-west. D.Pemburton- west

Int. C.Tossetti-col. P.Roberts-Heath. C.woodford-tyr. .forgotten the last one

wont happen under lenny cooper,not a coach at all.only in it for the bucks.has no loyalty at all.dont blame everyone for walking out.

Maybe true, pretty sure most walked out before he was named coach though.

Wouldn't be the first lad to go looking for money out there I'd reckon...

How's tomorrow looking for everyone?
In the Reserves Heathmere are looking like the players returned at the right time and although Heywood has taken care of them comfortably during the year it should be a lot closer this time round. A good last quarter against Westerns from Heywood last week shows they do actually still want to win after an appalling 3rd quarter (not taking anything away from Westerns), so they should come out hungry enough to win.. just..

In the Seniors, I think both Westerns and Tyrendarra will be eager to bounce back after both just loosing to Heywood in previous weeks, which should make for a cracker game. Plenty of talent and speed from Westerns vs the skill and experience from Tyrendarra will most likely see the Roo's winning in the second close game of the day.

Hey over Heath by 12
West over Tyr by 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back