South Africa v India Dec 10, 2023- Jan 4, 2024 3 T20s 3 ODIs 2 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket is so much better when the bowlers are on top. Every ball something can happen

This is probably slightly too far in that direction, but I’d argue a lot of that is due to the relative strength of these bowling attacks vs the batting lineups

Would it be fair to say this match might be over in the morning session tomorrow Day 2?

Does one get the feeling both teams might want to move on from this test as quickly as possible? India come back home to prepare for England, and SA to prepare for SA20 T20s?

I was at the Perth Scorchers game today but was following scores on phone.

It’s little innings like the ones Kohli has played in this series that I wonder when he looks back on his career if he will cherish in some ways the most fondly.

You sometimes hear the good players talk about the innings that don’t get talked of as much or this ‘little 60-70 odd when these two bowlers were really giving it to me’ that they talk about with a lot of pride.

Kohli has hit the ball absolutely wonderfully in all three innings so far in some very very trying conditions

Was the pitch really that bad? Most of the South African dismissals looked like batters playing away from their bodies providing slip catching practice.

It was really only when Rabada and Ngidi started bouncing the Indians from 153 onwards that you could say the pitch was a major factor, but again, a lot of those looked like batters who can't play short balls (i.e. most modern batters).

Caveat: I have only watched the 16 minute highlights.

Was the pitch really that bad? Most of the South African dismissals looked like batters playing away from their bodies providing slip catching practice.

It was really only when Rabada and Ngidi started bouncing the Indians from 153 onwards that you could say the pitch was a major factor, but again, a lot of those looked like batters who can't play short balls (i.e. most modern batters).

Caveat: I have only watched the 16 minute highlights.
When you've batted twice on day 1 of an match the pitch HAS to be a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the way Elgar would have liked to bow out, there aren't many fairytale endings in cricket though.

Just ask Bradman, from memory Ponting nicked off for f*** all against a spinner at the WACA in his sendoff.
I think the 185 on his home ground in his second last test would of more than satisfied him.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back