Universal Love Songs to fire up our awesome club!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Eat a Peach was my first record purchase. never a guitarist but had a few acoustics & picked up 2nd hand electric guitars. And liking Ry Cooder, Little Feat, the Sones I'd learnt about different tunings. Broke a few strings looking for MBV and Sonic Youth tunings. Thank god for phone apps..& ....always tune down I learnt

Little Feat live, 3 percussionists, 3 guitarists, etc etc.

Duane Allman in Open E. Like the Gun Club's first record.

The wife and I have seen the Tedeschi Trucks Band twice now. Incredible band. Married couple Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks. He's the nephew of Butch Trucks from the Allman Brothers. Derek's slide playing live on his Gibson SG is out of this world.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do tha super thing :p

Grace Jones played that year too. St Kilda somewhere.
Great show.
Disco/reggae mash up..
Got some flashbacks to Thailand.. Thai pop & Boney M disco in one ear Bob Marley & Rodriguez in the other.
Never forget Heart of Glass on vinly on a battery powered record player overlooking the Mekong

Grace Jones played that year too. St Kilda somewhere.
Great show.
Disco/reggae mash up..
Got some flashbacks to Thailand.. Thai pop & Boney M disco in one ear Bob Marley & Rodriguez in the other.
Never forget Heart of Glass on vinly on a battery powered record player overlooking the Mekong

I like a lot of early 80s. Mainly late 70s production with some heavier guitar and occasional bad keyboard sound lol. I cut off my collection around 1983 :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back