Socially Distant AFL Crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowds will return by finals.
LOL at the over cautiouness in that article, come October no one is going to give two shits about crowds, lining up for food and drink, social distancing, being on a crowded train etc, most people don't care now that's why they are flocking back to the shopping centres in their thousands.

Someone needs to tell Professor Bennett to chill out and if your going to let 30k in then you might as well let 100k in.

So now 30k at the MCG is being floated! Now imminent danger is passing and we understand a LOT more about CV-19 transmission, I expect even in 2 months we will be seeing a lot more easing. It's not too big a stretch to see multiple groups of say, 20 people as per current familial restrictions, scattered with social.dist. gaps. Changes the maths considerably.

So now 30k at the MCG is being floated! Now imminent danger is passing and we understand a LOT more about CV-19 transmission, I expect even in 2 months we will be seeing a lot more easing. It's not too big a stretch to see multiple groups of say, 20 people as per current familial restrictions, scattered with social.dist. gaps. Changes the maths considerably.
Wrong, we're all gonna die, the Rona will get us.

Seems unlikely to be crowds until a vaccine is found.

what!, a vaccine for a condition that has a mortality rate less than the flu for anyone under 60 ?

in fact i don't know many people at all who get a flu shot under 60

if the disease had a high mortality rate i would agree but it doesn't

how about this, just be sensible as most people already are

The thread is also wrong. It’s ‘Socially distancing crowds’
About that ‘12500 at the MCG’
I had an idea,
The AFL can allow families to sit next to each other. This would be allowed because families are sitting next to each other at the dinner table, and this should be allowed outdoors as well.

The government hasn’t even allowed 1000 people outdoors yet, allowing the sports crowds to continue is not even the 3rd step.

so 3/4 capacity in tassie stadiums?

How would this work with members? How do you tell a club with 60-70,000 members that only 30,000 members can attend?
this is the new brave new world we live in... I would love it if they can kinda restrict people.. don''t know how.. maybe well not sure..

if people don't demand they have their rights and don't demand that they are all about them and their posse and accept that hey I am
not going to get all that I want.. dudes they will hopefully restrict themselves and leave it all to the powers that be..

we don't always get what we want... :fire: :rolleyes:;)

Can't believe we all survived!

this is about keeping this shit away from people who are vulnerable if infected

about 1/3 of our population is in the high risk categories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put more trains on than usual. Encourage use of car parking for venues that support it.
They do that anyway.

We sort of know how it acts now in a crowd. We had 1 person at the MCG during the Womens cricket final test postive and to the best of my knowledge they never passed it on to anyone else. That was with 80 thousand.

Across the road someone went to the Super Rugby and again I don't think anyone else got it.

Lock them down and release the other 2/3rds.

1 big chunk of that 1/3 is working age people.

add to that to isolate them you have to remove them from family (they are mums and dads), and that means locking them up in isolation camps

"Vulnerable people" are over 70, not working age in my world.

Are you the actual Ned Flanders?

65+
high blood pressure
respiratory issues
vascular issues
weak immune systems
people with disabilities

thats the punters who face big probs if they get this shit

65+
high blood pressure
respiratory issues
vascular issues
weak immune systems
people with disabilities

I'll give you 60. Drop pension age to 60, will be cheaper than giving money away to 2/3rds of the population. If you have the health issues you listed don't go to the footy.

65+
high blood pressure
respiratory issues
vascular issues
weak immune systems
people with disabilities

And by enforcing restrictions on everyone else we now have people that are not 'vulnerable' experiencing depression, anxiety, suicide, domestic violence, financial ruin etc. Instead of big probs for a few it's needlessly a big prob for everyone.

I'll give you 60. Drop pension age to 60, will be cheaper than giving money away to 2/3rds of the population. If you have the health issues you listed don't go to the footy.

Who gives a shit about the footy.

For your back to normal plan they have to be isolated from the rest of society for 6-18 months

And by enforcing restrictions on everyone else we now have people that are not 'vulnerable' experiencing depression, anxiety, suicide, domestic violence, financial ruin etc. Instead of big probs for a few it's needlessly a big prob for everyone.

Exactly, the curve is flattened economy is a disaster lets not crush society as well.

this is about keeping this shit away from people who are vulnerable if infected

about 1/3 of our population is in the high risk categories

the latest advice is 0.26% mortality rate and you need to get it first for that % to kick in, its as dangerous as the flu for any one under 60 odd and less so the younger you are, its basically knocking people off who are older than normal life expectancy

if it was 1% for example or what they told (lied) to us at 3.4% you would have a great case and i would agree whole heartedly

you can keep this away from people by simple common sense even when at the footy or out

its not as bad or as dangerous as they made out, having said that i am not making light of it and wouldn't want to get it, but by the same token i am not so scared of it

we know its target market, we can change procedures and protocols around them while the rest of us get on with it

Last edited:
Who gives a shit about the footy.

For your back to normal plan they have to be isolated from the rest of society for 6-18 months
You mean like how the entirety of society has done for the past 3 months and what we'd have to do for the next 6 months if the MSM-guzzling, fear mongering, masochsitic-disaster-fetishist lockdown crowd got their way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back