Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Celtic Utopia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Boston ones.
Watching the Great Race and they are gobbing on about slavery.

White culture is always being held guilty for making africans slaves.

But where is the same Treatment to the Africans who took Europeans Slaves.

The West Coast of Ireland was raided many a time and sometimes whole towns taken and shipped back to Africa to be sold into slavery.

Shouldnt these poor souls also be recognised or is it because they were white their plight isnt worth mentioning.

ireallydontknow.jpg

AndSmithMustScore said:
Watching the Great Race and they are gobbing on about slavery.

White culture is always being held guilty for making africans slaves.

The West Coast of Ireland was raided many a time and sometimes whole towns taken and shipped back to Africa to be sold into slavery.

Shouldnt these poor souls also be recognised or is it because they were white their plight isnt worth mentioning.
did they use canoes to raid the west coast of ireland ??

The west coast of Ireland would be a wierd place to raid prior to when they had ocean navigation..Surely when they had to travel up the coast Spain or even France would have been an easier option.

That said, over the course of history slavery has been used by a great many cultures, and unfortunately it still exists in some parts of the world. There is enough blame for all.

This is all a bit off the beaten historical track,

What Africa did do is capture and sell most of the African slaves to the Europeans.

Africa was not a unified cultural identity, (it still is not) at the time of slavery. Various tribal nations sold others to the Europeans, the Europeans did not capture slaves, they bought them from other Africans.

JW Frogen said:
This is all a bit off the beaten historical track,

What Africa did do is capture and sell most of the African slaves to the Europeans.

Africa was not a unified cultural identity, (it still is not) at the time of slavery. Various tribal nations sold others to the Europeans, the Europeans did not capture slaves, they bought them from other Africans.
ahh i see how it worked sorta like footy teams ..the blues could raid the collingwood cheer squad and sell the captured ferals to ..say port adelaide ..to bolster their squad of miscreants :p

mantis said:
I think you'll find it's "smack". ;)

Smack that up ya clacker idiot

http://www.heretical.com/British/slavery.html

"Long before the first Europeans set foot in Africa, native kings and chieftains had traded in slaves. There were white captives held in African slave markets, people who had been kidnapped by pirates during raids on the coasts of England, Ireland and France. These slaves were very highly valued by North African chieftains. The gold mining industry on the Gold Coast, modern-day Ghana, was also a magnet for the African slave trade, which continued long after the European nations agreed to its abolition. White slaves were still held in North Africa as late as 1626."

and for further reading

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=2681

"Much is written about the slave trade, but rarely does one read a book about the likes of Thomas Pellow. Barbary corsairs captured the Cornish cabin boy and his shipmates in 1716. Sadly, such kidnappings were commonplace. Between the years 1550-1730, Algiers alone was home to around 25,000 European slaves."

"Not content with hijacking ships, the Islamic slave traders would make “home visits” to Europe’s coastal villages and kidnap family members. So popular was the demand for Christian slave labour that some rich Barbary pirates, funded by even richer Sultans, pillaged Reykjavik and returned with 400 very frightened Icelanders. Distance was obviously no barrier."

Kinda makes all those who mocked what i said look like Morons.

Blues_Man said:
ahh i see ..ithey were sorta like footy teams ..the blues could raid the collingwood cheer squad and sell the captured ferals to ..say port adelaide ..to bolster their squad of miscreants :p
Is it insecurity that makes you hate us so?

AndSmithMustScore said:

source please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first major appearance of the African slave trade was in the 15thC when the Portuguese actually captured Africans and sold them, usually to the Spanish, and received Papal blessing to do this.

However, there was also, there was a trade in European slaves into Africa in the 15thC, which was driven by the Moors, although I think it was mainly Western Europe (ie: France and the Low Countries).

However, it's not like slavery was something new, being rife throughout ancient and medieval times in Europe, and also in Arab countries, and African slaves were sold to Arabs as well as in to the New World.

AndSmithMustScore said:
Sources supplied above, was also covered in an ABC documentary on the Celts/Ireland

Articles from nutters websites don't count, next you'll have articles from white supremicists sites to back you up, oops too late. :rolleyes:

What was the doco called on ABC & when was it on?

CharlieG said:
What sort of wretched, ignorant piece of crap are you?

http://www.heretical.com/ = racist, sexist, hate-filled propaganda. You make me sick.

Maybe so, but that doesn't actually address his point, which is also supported by Giles Milton's book that there were European slaves sold to Africa.

For more scholarly tomes, there is also "Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters : White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500-1800 (Early Modern History)" by Robert C Davis.

Surely people have heard of the Barbary corsairs?

CharlieG said:
What sort of wretched, ignorant piece of crap are you?

http://www.heretical.com/ = racist, sexist, hate-filled propaganda. You make me sick.

Ignorance is not considering everyones opinions ****************, white slavery happened, i dont condone anything on that site merely the first few lines which refered to people being taken from european nations you inbred halfwit.

NMWBloods said:
Maybe so, but that doesn't actually address his point, which is also supported by Giles Milton's book that there were European slaves sold to Africa.

For more scholarly tomes, there is also "Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters : White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500-1800 (Early Modern History)" by Robert C Davis.

Surely people have heard of the Barbary corsairs?
It's not the veracity of his statements that I'm disputing - I'm not particularly knowledgable in the area but it would not surprise me. Scottish coal miners were slaves, were they not? There was no genetic difference between them and the ruling classes there, although the elites claimed otherwise.

What concerns me is that anyone would quote from that site. It disgraces them by mere association.

I dont know why I'd never heard of it through school and whatnot,perhaps they concentrate on more recent history.But I agree there should of been more made known of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back