Rumour Silvagni delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

14:14

Comment From Matt
any truth to the rumour Alex Silvangi has been delisted by the Dockers?
fb_share2.png

14:15
phpsfJB5strade-radio-150x150.jpg

Andrew Lowther:
haven't heard that, but have been told its likely if a trade can't be done

so he has heard? sounds to me like he is talking out his ass.

You beat me to it. That doesn't sound like our club, letting important info like that leak. Of coarse clubs aren't going to offer anything now if he is going to be a delisted free agent. It has to be BS.

I guess when you offer him to a few clubs, then the word may get out. You would have to assume the clubs would talk and quickly work out that he was being offered around.

He is contract for 2013, so I think people have made an assumption he will be delisted.

I think we are chasing Hansen and if we sign him, we won't need Silvagni, so we are trying to trade him to A. Get a draft pick B. Make room for hansen on our list.

Why would I need to tell you??

You are all over every website and news release that involves Freo.

Hansen wouldn't be a bad option.

If you big enough and ugly enough to turn on one of our own players so quicky you should at least know of others who can come in and do the same job. Hansen would be used to replace Pav up forward as that is our weakest area so try again. Do you really think there are so many decent Key Defenders in the comp that we can afford to delist one who has done good jobs in the past?

Knowing that KPP'S are our clubs major weakness do you really think it is wise to delist what little, solid depth we have?

The only reason to get rid of SCOS is if we think / have done the deal to get Hansen with a view that he can play back if/when required.

I still wouldnt do it if we cant trade him though.. no harm having another KPB on the list as insurance in a premiership assault year, rather than a skinny 18yo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hope Freo don't delist Silvagni as they only need a few injury's to McPharlin/McPhee etc during the season and will be light on for backs who can match up on talls.

Sure Silvagni didn't have a great season last year but we have all seen him play some good footy and it's not easy to draft tall 17 year old who can fit straight in.

I still don't understand why people have to argue tit for tat and derail threads. Anyway I hope Freo get the best out of the trade period.

A channel seven reporter on Twitter says the club have the said the usual. That SCOS is a 'required player' and 'contracted'. Make of that what you will but I would hope if he can't be traded he should play for us next year. You don't get rid of decent KP depth when the team is very low on it.

Facebook is saying Lower is being delisted as well. Dont know what to beleive. Its a bloodbath down at the port if you place credence in social media.

I think Bondy and Co are cooking up something big.

This is going to get very interesting. Any ideas on what you reckon on what they are planning?

Facebook is saying Lower is being delisted as well. Dont know what to beleive. Its a bloodbath down at the port if you place credence in social media.

I think Bondy and Co are cooking up something big.

No doubt Bondy is, but I wouldn't place any credence in social media. Too much chinese whispers and people going .1 + .1 = 2

It's easy to do -

A > Lower didn't play much this season
B > Lower didn't play much - perhaps he's on the outer?
C > Lower is on the outer - I wonder if he'll be traded?
D > Lower is being traded - I heard he's on the outer
E > Lower would be delisted if the club can't find a trade for him
F > Lower has been delisted
G > *tweet* Lower delisted!
FFC > *sigh* Lower is contracted and required

Replace Lower with Silvagni, Chrichton, Faulks, Anthony, etc

I'm sure if we worked hard enough we could get a 'Morabito has been traded' rumour going

I just don't get why we would delist Silvagni while he is contracted & keep Anthony. Unless it is as simple as RTB just not rating Silvagni?
If no other club is showing interest in him, maybe there aren't many other coaches/list managers that rate him either?

I just don't get why we would delist Silvagni while he is contracted & keep Anthony. Unless it is as simple as RTB just not rating Silvagni?
If no other club is showing interest in him, maybe there aren't many other coaches/list managers that rate him either?

Or maybe he isn't being delisted and we aren't shopping him around? Just a thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back