Politics Should Australia become a Republic?

Should Australia become a Republic?

• YES

Votes: 133 65.5%
  • NO

Votes: 70 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think of all the things to change which would/could/should push us towards the country we want to be, that would change very little, if anything. There's bigger and better things to focus on that would actually affect people. I really don't think I'm in the minority in not giving a single iota of care to who the HOS is. If I had to guess, over half wouldn't know what it is. Mystifying to me people do actually care but at least you gave a reason even if I disagree with it's importance.

If it went to a mandatory vote this weekend, it would have no chance. Well over half the population would just be annoyed at having to vote than the result. I doubt this could ever be sold as important to the majority when CPI, rents, bills etc are rising...
Exactly. It's the kind of thing you waste money on when there's nothing else to do. Tokenism at it's finest.

If it's just tokenism why not an Australian Head of State?
The cost of making it happen outweighs the benefits. I'd prefer an Australian HOS if we could make the switch overnight without the lobbying, vote, and financial cost.

Surely there's higher priorities at the moment.

The cost of making it happen outweighs the benefits. I'd prefer an Australian HOS if we could make the switch overnight without the lobbying, vote, and financial cost.

Surely there's higher priorities at the moment.
Sure, and they'll be prioritised higher. Of course this argument is proof that the case for an English monarchy ruling over Australia is so virtually non-existent that the best that can be done is to shrug and say it's just too hard to get rid of them

Did you kick up this much fuss when Hurley was appointed by Morrison?
Hurley I guess was a Soldier and a person who appeared very neutral,
this new lady has shown her politics in the past for me , and others I guess.

She called my country an invaded place, and my family came here in 1799 ,
as convicts not invaders, also they came in chains and stripes, and look at
what we have now from that as a nation, a wonderful country that tries
like hell to make everyone welcome, and the originals looked after as best
that can be done.

A place that that is so good, that many people from other of the worlds places
want to come here want to come for decent life and safety.
WHY???Do you reckon that is.

Many people become us others take a protesting role against our beliefs and
our allies and some should not be here at all, and some hate us even some
of our own younger generation criticize and hate, and our new GG, who was
for the racist voice, for the calling of our NATIONAL AUSTRALIA DAY invasion day.

She is supposed to be neutral, she has shown she is not. She now works under
the regime of Albanese and Wong left wing fanatics who incite hatred and anti
Semitic feelings by ignorant stupid comments, from our government so called
leaders, allowing the dumb to follow suit, irresponsible and stupid.

And that is why Hurley, was different, even Bill Hayden showed an apolitical side
as GG.
John Kerr as a Gough man until Gough went haywire or his party did. Look at that.

that can be done.

for the racist voice, for the calling of our NATIONAL AUSTRALIA DAY invasion day.

And that is why Hurley, was different, even Bill Hayden showed an apolitical side
as GG.
John Kerr as a Gough man until Gough went haywire or his party did. Look at that.

So you are on the same wavelength as Scott Morrison.

Interesting.

that can be done.

WHY??? Do you reckon that is.

Many people become us, others take a protesting role against our beliefs and
for the racist Voice, she called our national day an invasion.
Which developed to a magnificent nation, when poor miserable b******s of
convicts came to desolation and misery and built the best country on earth.

That's what I think and why this woman is a political pick and we have a
deteriorating society and a federal government with some terrible and ignorant
people in it. I never thought that this would happen, but Albanese apparently
has always been a mad left idealist, and when will the realLabor people the
real centre Right and a touch Left actually grow some and call it out.

This woman is a terrible political choice. And we might have to sack this
dangerous foolish PM one day. There is the reason what is your thoughts

that can be done.

as GG.

Your woke King Charles must really ring your dial

Also there’s a lot of ‘our’ and ‘us’ in your rants. Be sure you do not speak for me ‘mate’

Your woke King Charles must really ring your dial

Also there’s a lot of ‘our’ and ‘us’ in your rants. Be sure you do not speak for me ‘mate’
Its not about King Charles , that is my point and as woke as he is his politics have no bearing on what I think a monarchy is about, its about the system not the person who is ceremonial at the most, what ever the wording says, the GG is the head of state of Australia.

Now I don't give a damn about anything I say that affects you! Who ever you are, and what you believe
I actually speak for me, if you actually made a point maybe I would take notice. So I must have gotten up your nose!

What I do know is you need to have a proper look,so that you actually understand what I was saying.

Because you didn't , the minute you bring Charles into the comment you are in a different area of commentary altogether, but a little wise cracking makes a point for you in your own head , your lack of understanding makes a point for me.
That you don't obviously see the "us" and the "our" , so??? That makes me probably able to guess what you are.

What about a rant from yourself where you actually say something worthwhile reading.
Argue the point not the person. And having said that I actually do know who you follow.
Or it'd be a good bet anyhow?

Its not about King Charles , that is my point and as woke as he is his politics have no bearing on what I think a monarchy is about, its about the system not the person who is ceremonial at the most, what ever the wording says, the GG is the head of state of Australia.

Now I don't give a damn about anything I say that affects you! Who ever you are, and what you believe
I actually speak for me, if you actually made a point maybe I would take notice. So I must have gotten up your nose!

What I do know is you need to have a proper look,so that you actually understand what I was saying.

Because you didn't , the minute you bring Charles into the comment you are in a different area of commentary altogether, but a little wise cracking makes a point for you in your own head , your lack of understanding makes a point for me.
That you don't obviously see the "us" and the "our" , so??? That makes me probably able to guess what you are.

What about a rant from yourself where you actually say something worthwhile reading.
Argue the point not the person. And having said that I actually do know who you follow.
Or it'd be a good bet anyhow?

So why are you still ranting about the new GG, which is mostly a ceremonial position?

Is it because she is female?

So why are you still ranting about the new GG, which is mostly a ceremonial position?

Is it because she is female?
Gee mate ,nothing to do with gender!
You didn't even read the last thing properly or you didn't understand
Look Ghost, the connection to Australia is historical with the British Monarchy, it has no power what so ever, except as a courtesy to perhaps (back in Goughs day) be informed of what was happening and maybe JUST MAYBE then instruct the GG at the time how to go about it in technical terms.,
NOT TELL THE GG THAT HE SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T TAKE THE ACTION KERR TOOK.

Queen Elizabeth 2nd would have had no say it was a courtesy of informing her because of the historical connection.
What you can't understand about that is amazing if the Queen at the time made a decision like that to sack our government she would have been over riding our sovereignty, how hard is it to understand we were and are, a Sovereign nation.
Our GG has that power the King or Queen does not.

The Governor General doesn't have to ask permission to get rid of a government that is doing some bad things, but we now have a political appointment for Governor General , and that person is a left wing active person who calls Australia day Invasion day, supported the Voice which was a racist separation of a privilege for one kind of people who are Australians but get something extra, its bloody simple, yet you still comment, Ghost with the ceremonial word used to the GG and the single power..

I didn't say that , I said our monarchical system has the same operation as the King, he or she has that single safety net power, that was used on Gough Whitlam, his people under him were signing up to some unknown loans and financial deals , that were at the least, dangerous to our future

Now I don't the details of the secret loans or what ever was doing behind the scenes THE OPPOSITION BLOCKED SUPPLY, but the governor general sacked the gov and put a caretaker in.
And an election was had! And the caretaker became overwhelmingly the next government.

So maintain your rage fella, but thank God we have a Monarchical system with that SINGLE POWER.
But can you see one mad lefty sack another mad lefty , and look at the government of today, god bloody help us!
Albanese and a supposedly neutral person with that one power, the new Chancellor, hey?????????

And we have a government bordering on economic destruction. And a good back up.

Lets hope she is straight and honest and observant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone feel like I do that it seems like Andrew Forrest is waiting in the wings to be the first president and if so then it may be better to keep King Charles the bloody third as the head of state.
And if the second president is Julie Bishop then so help me god.

So I’m getting that a woke person can take up a ceremonial position. Which is also a constitutional position

But not someone sky news does not like?

If King Charles can seperate his woke views and function as monarch. Why can’t the new GG do the same in the same system?
Simple question

Last edited:
Back