SFNL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any thoughts on St Francis coming in next year?

It’s already been published on the VAFA website that they are leaving yet clubs in this league have hardly even been made aware that the league was talking with them.

Anyone have any thoughts on St Francis coming in next year?

It’s already been published on the VAFA website that they are leaving yet clubs in this league have hardly even been made aware that the league was talking with them.

I don’t think anyone has any idea what’s happening. Sums up the SFL - absolute amateurs. All EFL clubs had to vote in for Berwick and had a meeting about it.

Yes sort of probably half of Hallam side made up of ones and 2s players there is about 15 of them that go from club to club they all played at glen Waverley hawks in 4 th division and st Francis in the lower division before they went into club 18 as well as Hallam this dosent surprise me they are leaving the vafa as when these guys go to a club they get involved with the running of it as well and every time they get promoted or realise that it might be going to get a bit hard they jump ship and move to another club so from the side they had this year they would be lucky to make the finals in 3rd division there is a new club as well in that area starting up called Berwick springs who have appointed a coach and committe but not sure what league they are playing in yet

Yes sort of probably half of Hallam side made up of ones and 2s players there is about 15 of them that go from club to club they all played at glen Waverley hawks in 4 th division and st Francis in the lower division before they went into club 18 as well as Hallam this dosent surprise me they are leaving the vafa as when these guys go to a club they get involved with the running of it as well and every time they get promoted or realise that it might be going to get a bit hard they jump ship and move to another club so from the side they had this year they would be lucky to make the finals in 3rd division there is a new club as well in that area starting up called Berwick springs who have appointed a coach and committe but not sure what league they are playing in yet
Berwick Springs are playing in Div 1 Outer East

Pat Carroll won the League medal again with 22 votes.
Chris Morrison 19 votes, Shannon Henwood & Nick Gay 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually heard that Berwick Springs are on this leagues radar and that the Outer East isn’t a done deal
Pretty much a done deal with AFL OE Berwick Springs juniors played in the afl oe thirds comp this year AFL OE is pretty well on the ball with both footy and netball

Tigersman talking through the burnt pocket of the Eagles. Heard at Pakky last Friday that 19 players going from the nest.....then again from another source at work! Smoke....Fire......

Ow really didn’t even give it a thought they would be going into outer east league because of the structure of to much travel for the bottom division and the other clubs in first division are way to established for them to compete against if they do they will get thrashed like Hampton park did in its last few years playing In the old comp them they will have the problem of no one wanting to go and play there is no one wanting to watch they won’t have a gate if there playing out of Sweeney reserve as said if there going to play anywhere it should be the ammos or sfl and build a club at a standard better suited for them atm and can’t see why they would look at outer east because it won’t last clubs are already trying to move on and the smaller country clubs from Yarra valley league are not happy and know they cannot compete with the most of the old Casey clubs

So if these guys were wanting an easy season, wouldn't they go back to a div 4 team instead of staying at sfx in div 3? Sounds like you a missing some info here

So if these guys were wanting an easy season, wouldn't they go back to a div 4 team instead of staying at sfx in div 3? Sounds like you a missing some info here
Well I’m betting they didn’t know they would be going into div 3 for a start when they applied to come in and I’m just going on the past history of a lot of them and what they have done they are actually good blokes from what I know of them but they do get a club going well which attracts more players and then as they get stronger a few of them start to stuggle for a Senior game so they move on to a club where they will be the better players in a lower grade and the cycle continues and has for the last 10 odd years the problem is when they go it hurts the club really bad because it’s hard to recover losing 10to 15 players at once no matter what side there playing in 1s or 2s and if they eventually don’t go and do it again it will be good for the club and maybe they have realised as you get older you can’t keep doing it and there isn’t to many clubs in div 4 you can walk in and take over or get what you want straight away and most of them live out that way probably and there probably not the type of clubs that are a attractive to go to Lyndhurst and Frankston seem to be going forward and don’t need them and the others are older struggling clubs with there own people in place as I mentioned before look at the clubs they were at and it was when they started in lower divisions and they done a great job getting them going and being good sides but then as they went up and got better players coming in they found it hard to be the better players so they moved on and then the clubs fell in a heap for a few years and had to start from scratch again hopefully history dosent repeat so no I’m not missing anything because I know some of them and they told me mid year they were coming to sfl but as it was never mentioned they would be going into div 3 as I bet they didn’t know because no one knew what the structure would be then and the sfl still probably don’t

Well I’m betting they didn’t know they would be going into div 3 for a start when they applied to come in and I’m just going on the past history of a lot of them and what they have done they are actually good blokes from what I know of them but they do get a club going well which attracts more players and then as they get stronger a few of them start to stuggle for a Senior game so they move on to a club where they will be the better players in a lower grade and the cycle continues and has for the last 10 odd years the problem is when they go it hurts the club really bad because it’s hard to recover losing 10to 15 players at once no matter what side there playing in 1s or 2s and if they eventually don’t go and do it again it will be good for the club and maybe they have realised as you get older you can’t keep doing it and there isn’t to many clubs in div 4 you can walk in and take over or get what you want straight away and most of them live out that way probably and there probably not the type of clubs that are a attractive to go to Lyndhurst and Frankston seem to be going forward and don’t need them and the others are older struggling clubs with there own people in place as I mentioned before look at the clubs they were at and it was when they started in lower divisions and they done a great job getting them going and being good sides but then as they went up and got better players coming in they found it hard to be the better players so they moved on and then the clubs fell in a heap for a few years and had to start from scratch again hopefully history dosent repeat so no I’m not missing anything because I know some of them and they told me mid year they were coming to sfl but as it was never mentioned they would be going into div 3 as I bet they didn’t know because no one knew what the structure would be then and the sfl still probably don’t

If they have been doing it for the last 10 years then, yes, they probably not in position to do it again, age does catch up eventually. Supers is the way to go for these blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back