Senior thirds

Remove this Banner Ad

really hard to click thirds and then results and/or ladder ....................

also Westmeadows was only added last night by the looks of things.

Looks like Northern would like to add a side...Have around 20 that miss every week. Also have a supers side so numbers are very good....
It would be a bit late to enter a side at rd 4 I would think. but you never know with the edfl as they are known to made some interesting decisions

It would be a bit late to enter a side at rd 4 I would think. but you never know with the edfl as they are known to made some interesting decisions
Well looks like I was wrong and right Northern are now in the 3rds good luck to them any idea on the make up of the side id it a mix of 19/seniors or is it seniors with a few u19 in the side

maybe the EDFL could look at doing 18 rounds now with 10 teams.....

rather then 16 currently.

Interesting to see no body is talking about the coward punch from a Strathmore player on an EDS 17 year old boy. Knocked him out cold for a few minutes. The incident was totally off the ball.

Well looks like I was wrong and right Northern are now in the 3rds good luck to them any idea on the make up of the side id it a mix of 19/seniors or is it seniors with a few u19 in the side

I'd like to have a run myself. It's been a few years and even though they lost their first game many of them had fun.....

Yes a mix of 19's and seconds. It will take a few weeks before the side will be settled...

Interesting to see no body is talking about the coward punch from a Strathmore player on an EDS 17 year old boy. Knocked him out cold for a few minutes. The incident was totally off the ball.

It's never good to hear this type of incident in footy as its totally disgusting and people doing these acts should be charged if found guilty. I'm not sure 3rds footy is good for younger kids imo.

Now Newatthis, I am a little concerned with a number of incidents being raised by EDS on these forums over recent weeks/years which sound like EDS are angels. I do recall a "major" incident in a reserves match some 3-4 years ago, in where a young Marby player was assaulted by an EDS player. It made headlines and from memory the player had a bad record yet EDS allowed him to continue playing footy. Think his now banned from playing footy.

Wow if this is true then this thug should be kicked out by his club and told that this sort of act is no longer tolerated and that this bloke should retire. The EDFL and participating clubs should be congratulated for getting a strong 10 team competition going its a perfect idea of blending seconds and u19 players to develop both age groups for senior footy .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow if this is true then this thug should be kicked out by his club and told that this sort of act is no longer tolerated and that this bloke should retire. The EDFL and participating clubs should be congratulated for getting a strong 10 team competition going its a perfect idea of blending seconds and u19 players to develop both age groups for senior footy .

Hey my old friend, totally agree with your comments regarding these types of incidents. Zero tolerance..And even worse if the victim was young..Interested to hear if there was any retribution dished out.

However I'm in 2 minds regarding this 3rds comp. I have a slightly different opinion to you mate. Its definitely not to develop players for senior footy as these players would be playing reserves or under 19s. Think it's more for those past there best and wanting to have a kick, or younger types that don't want to train or are not up to reserves at premier level. Think it's more casual fun footy and clubs want thirds to get some extra $$ in.

Anyway enough from me!!

Cheers..

Hey my old friend, totally agree with your comments regarding these types of incidents. Zero tolerance..And even worse if the victim was young..Interested to hear if there was any retribution dished out.

However I'm in 2 minds regarding this 3rds comp. I have a slightly different opinion to you mate. Its definitely not to develop players for senior footy as these players would be playing reserves or under 19s. Think it's more for those past there best and wanting to have a kick, or younger types that don't want to train or are not up to reserves at premier level. Think it's more casual fun footy and clubs want thirds to get some extra $$ in.

Anyway enough from me!!

Cheers..
Turbo while I agree in part about some of the older types I have a mate who is coaching a team in the thirds comp and he and his team are taking this quite seriously as they are quite a good young team and have a perfect record at the moment .As this competition develops it will be taken more seriously by clubs and supporters as a way to get senior ( not 1st footy) game time into the young guys just missing out as this is how you keep depth at your club. With the points and salary cap this is more important then ever

Turbo while I agree in part about some of the older types I have a mate who is coaching a team in the thirds comp and he and his team are taking this quite seriously as they are quite a good young team and have a perfect record at the moment .As this competition develops it will be taken more seriously by clubs and supporters as a way to get senior ( not 1st footy) game time into the young guys just missing out as this is how you keep depth at your club. With the points and salary cap this is more important then ever
I think it's a great idea. Allows those clubs with big numbers to still have a run. Especially U19's and those on the edge of reserves.

It's never good to hear this type of incident in footy as its totally disgusting and people doing these acts should be charged if found guilty. I'm not sure 3rds footy is good for younger kids imo.

Now Newatthis, I am a little concerned with a number of incidents being raised by EDS on these forums over recent weeks/years which sound like EDS are angels. I do recall a "major" incident in a reserves match some 3-4 years ago, in where a young Marby player was assaulted by an EDS player. It made headlines and from memory the player had a bad record yet EDS allowed him to continue playing footy. Think his now banned from playing footy.
I have no affiliation to EDS just know someone that does. I'm sure there have been incidents over the years from all clubs. I believe in play hard but play fair. It doesn't matter what club or age, if someone throws a coward punch, elbow or knee they should be rubbed out for life.

Interesting that the thirds competition are starting their finals this week and the only way you would know it on the edfl web site is if you go to fixtures and have a look. I know no one really cares too much about this comp but try telling that to the 80 odd guys playing their guts out this weekend good luck to all of them . The edfl should do the right thing and put something on their web site

Interesting that the thirds competition are starting their finals this week and the only way you would know it on the edfl web site is if you go to fixtures and have a look. I know no one really cares too much about this comp but try telling that to the 80 odd guys playing their guts out this weekend good luck to all of them . The edfl should do the right thing and put something on their web site
Further to this you would not even know that the third grand final has been played and won which was Greenvale by 9 points over Abbers .if you run a competition then you have to acknowledge it i would think

How would you describe the standard of thirds football? Someone mentioned its like super rules without the age restriction. Social yet still competitive.

How would you describe the standard of thirds football? Someone mentioned its like super rules without the age restriction. Social yet still competitive.
It might have started out that way but last season saw it take a bit step forward with Greenvale and Marby having good young sides that trained that knew and stuck to structures and a good game plan.

First season or two was like this a couple at training each week rest showed up game day its definitely taken a big step forward now big clubs like Marby Greenvale and Abers have good young sides that could probably be competitive against some div2/3 sides

First season or two was like this a couple at training each week rest showed up game day its definitely taken a big step forward now big clubs like Marby Greenvale and Abers have good young sides that could probably be competitive against some div2/3 sides
Greenvale 3rds would have gone close to winning 2nd division in its own right they are well coached and well supported by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back