Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Gold City Royals v Baghdad Bombers at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from the Golden Throne. This week we see the Gold City Royals host the Baghdad Bombers in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of simulated football. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from the Golden Throne.

Sweet, I give to you…

1713830658992.png

There’s a place to the north of Sweet called Golden Valley, and in Golden Valley is the Golden Throne. The Golden Throne is the home ground of the Gold City Royals. That’s a lot of gold by anyone’s estimation, and the qooty scran on offer reflects this. So much so that noted Gold City fan Chris Martin wrote a song about the Royals’ scran when he sang “…and it was all yellow”. Bear Grylls is also a big fan apparently. Take a look at some of these offerings:

There’s the cheesy chips (CM6.95 or CM12.95 with a plastic cup of golden ale):

1713830797800.png

There’s the Bless This Mess (CM21.95):

1713830831744.png

And there’s…um… whatever this is (CM19.95):

1713830868556.png

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating:

1713830934149.png

Regarding the qooty, the Royals are 5th place on the ladder with a record of 6 & 5 and the Bombers are 13th with a record of 3 & 8 so let’s go with that sure why not – Royals by 42.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] GreyCrow Brenton Davy Restricted Free Agent (hahaha thought you could escape being tagged hey smiley???) norway blue Pugsley & gab213.

Captains please do the needful before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1.

Bon Appétit, friends!​

Oh My God Wow GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back