Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Warby have signed 2 from tassie there names are Paul Hudson and Adam Joyce both played in the highest league not sure how good though also chasing a gun onballer from northcote park good mates with Dylan Gorden from the nt

The Tassie boys clearances are not in yet Bendigo Bomber & they were only just confirmed 100% to the playing group last night at about the time of your post. You must have some pretty good inside knowledge ;)

Warby have signed 2 from tassie there names are Paul Hudson and Adam Joyce both played in the highest league not sure how good though also chasing a gun onballer from northcote park good mates with Dylan Gorden from the nt

Also heard a big red head full forward may be keen on a return to the burras

According to this weeks local paper Wandin have signed Joel Coombes and according to the article he is a very well credentialed player. I can't help but thinking that even though Wandin is building a fair list, it seems to be at the chagrin of other clubs and that we may be in for a bit of a boring season. Yes, there will probably be a bit of interest in who gets fourth and fifth spot and who gets relegated but at the very top end; forget it.

I can see Wandin absolutely smashing some teams this year and then romping to a fairly one sided finals series. But then what? They (Wandin) will beat their chests saying how good they are, whilst the rest of the competition will be asking how they compete. Seems to have a bit of "Silvan" writen all over it.

Agree 100% LK

Gee biteme, you certainly live up to your forum name. I've posted twice about Wandin and you've had a crack back both times. First I was a moron, now I need to grow up! And to think that you said earlier in this thread that the anger management classes were going well.

I really couldn't care less about how Wandin go about their business, so no chip on my shoulder. And do you really think that there's no similarity between what Silvan did a few years back and what Wandin are doing now? I may need to grow up, but you certainly need to wise up.

Well yes you do care about Wandin otherwise why would mention them so negatively, you have no idea whats happening at Wandin, there are better people and players in place than were at Silvan. Happy for you to have a crack but at least know what you are talking about. Dont speak through jealous tones thats all......

Well yes you do care about Wandin otherwise why would mention them so negatively, you have no idea whats happening at Wandin, there are better people and players in place than were at Silvan. Happy for you to have a crack but at least know what you are talking about. Dont speak through jealous tones thats all......

Pretty much what people from Silvan had us believe. Pretty sure that didn't end well. You can't deny the spending is getting a bit out of hand.

Anyway whats the go at Upwey apparently struggling for numbers.

wandin are just replacing

hocking
handley
dalton
wheeler
dyer
morris
driessen
lang

I don't see whats the big deal, got the money and contacts, any other club would do it
good luck to them, turning over your best side by 35% is hardly an advantage
its clubs like Powelltown that pay overs for average footballers from rival clubs that are doing more damage to the league- something has to give
im sure we wont be complaining watching polkinghorn, Harvey and co playing finals this year and an increase in standard

Luke Darwall?
It's not hard to see who Warby recruit look it up on facey. The only problem with warburton they don't know how to recruit properly they recruited the 2 tassie guys off a website but never watched them play. Dylan Gorden is an average player from Darwin won't like it come June though when it's wet. Apparently Scott Muir has come out of retirement their relying on him to kick there goals. They lost there best player in grant Newing

It's not hard to see who Warby recruit look it up on facey. The only problem with warburton they don't know how to recruit properly they recruited the 2 tassie guys off a website but never watched them play. Dylan Gorden is an average player from Darwin won't like it come June though when it's wet. Apparently Scott Muir has come out of retirement their relying on him to kick there goals. They lost there best player in grant Newing

Rattray warby know how to recruit but it's very hard for them to get recruits. Being at the end of the line most potential recruits have to drive past alot of clubs just to get there..
That factored in that that don't have all the money like some clubs so have to rely on local kids to stay and build around them.

The only difference between Wandin, Gembrook & Silvan when they all did a "Silvan" is Silvan actually won premierships. They got us twice & I saw em win again last year.
Credit needs to be given to DR & Woori, 3 years in a row is no fluke!

The only difference between Wandin, Gembrook & Silvan when they all did a "Silvan" is Silvan actually won premierships. They got us twice & I saw em win again last year.

Was a massive effort, I think everyone envovled in the valley that weren't wandin were going for worri. I think it says something in them actions with the path wandin are going about it

Real Hero stuff there Bendigo Bomber. Having a go at Dylan who is a 19yo kid. Dylan came down and played a few games last year, liked it that much wants to come down and play a bit more. Has a cousin and friend who also want to play with him. Are the boys that play in the NT leagues not allowed to come down & have a kick out of season? As for losing the best player it probably reflects more on the player than the club. This will be his 4th different club in 4 years :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan played a ripper game against us last year, played at centre half back and really caused a few issues
I think wappert is warbys best player and appears to have had a change of heart, and staying-- well done to warby for keeping him around

Rattray warby know how to recruit but it's very hard for them to get recruits. Being at the end of the line most potential recruits have to drive past alot of clubs just to get there..
That factored in that that don't have all the money like some clubs so have to rely on local kids to stay and build around them.

Didn't Paddy Rattray play at warbuton/millgrove a few years ago?

Hearing moves from the dogs burras pigs and Hawks..... Not much from anyone else??

What's going on at both tigerlands?

Both bloods? TeeS?

magpies?

Didn't Paddy Rattray play at warbuton/millgrove a few years ago?

I think that's who Bendigo bomber was referring to about not being able to recruit. Apparently barely trained, wouldn't know if was playing one week to the next and then left for more money.

I think that's who Bendigo bomber was referring to about not being able to recruit. Apparently barely trained, wouldn't know if was playing one week to the next and then left for more money.

Ok so paddy Rattray has some issues with warburton/millgrove and the pearman has some issues with Paddy Rattray

I hear the big Russian taleveski has been moved on?

A former league medal winner onballer back with the mountain bloods?

Calder from warburton/millgrove thinks powelltown were to "unprofessional" and left?

Massive news coming out of worri soon?

Ok so paddy Rattray has some issues with warburton/millgrove and the pearman has some issues with Paddy Rattray

Calder from warburton/millgrove thinks powelltown were to "unprofessional" and left?

I have no issue don't know him. No news of any note at Woori .

6 posts in and dropping the big bombs. .

Love it

Your talking Shite.Gembrook did not do a Silvan.Good locals topped up by a few recruits with good administration and excellent coaches and support staff.Thats what got the Brooka up and about.l know because l was there and l am still there.Travis marsham had already pointed out that 18 of the 21 that played in the Grand Final were locals.

Very quiet here of late. Has anyone got any practise match results? I have heard that Croydon beat Wandin at Marysville on Saturday, Yarra Glen beat the Eltham Turtles. Warby played Seville Sunday at Marysville but am unsure of the result. Less than a month unil the season starts not, can't wait...

While i am on here i thought i would have a crack at some predictions with what i know.

Div 1
Premier: Wandin
R'up: Woori Yallock
Biggest improver: Yarra Glen (By means of avoiding relegation)
Biggest slider: Healesville
W/Spoon: Healesville
Goal kicker: Fowkes

Div 2
Premier: Thornton Eildon
R'up: Yarra Junction
Biggest improver: Gembrook Cockatoo
Biggest slider: Seville
W/Spoon: Yea
Goal kicker: O'Keefe

No doubt i am way off, have a go people!!

Last edited:
Credit for being the first attempt. Belgrave the biggest slider, when they finished second bottom last year. Yet you have Healesville for the spoon, why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back