Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds good Knackers, but it seems everyone has lost interest or just kepping it close to their chest.
Should be a good day weather wise tomorrow which will hopefully see some high scoring.
I don't know about anyone else but it's great to be playing footy again.

Well Guys pre season is over, Best of luck 2 all Teams, players, Coaches etc 2morrow, lets hope injuries & Umpiring don't influenced the results of the games this year (and by umpiring I mean BAD Umpiring decisions).

Btw here r my tips 4 Round 1

Yack By 40 points over Chiltern
KSC By 1 point Over Mitta
Beechworth By 50 points over Wodonga Saints
Wahgunyah By 15 points over Rutherglen
Tallangatta By 10 points over Thurgoona
DMB by 30 points over Barnawartha

Sounds good Knackers, but it seems everyone has lost interest or just kepping it close to their chest.
Should be a good day weather wise tomorrow which will hopefully see some high scoring.
I don't know about anyone else but it's great to be playing footy again.

If people would start new topics/threads it will prompt people to reply. Have a look at the AFL team forums and see how many topics they have. Piling all replies into 1 or 2 threads just makes it a mess and have no structure. Every game should have it's own thread, every decent/infamous player should have a thread. Starting a thread like "Season 2008" is just going to go down the same path as the previous monster thread.

interesting games on the weekend with a few suprises, Tallangatta beating Thurgoona and Chiltern over Yack... showing this might be a bit more of a competative season....

i was at the kiewa v mitta game at eskdale on saturday and they had quite a turnout, interesting to note that kiewas top 2 recruits, cameron & richardson didnt play, surley the club must be getting a little annoyed at richardsons injuries will he ever get fit again or are his recreational activities far more important???? as for cameron obvioulsy his knee is under too much pressure from the few extra kgs he seems to have put on over pre season. also noticed kiewa coach bone is still not over the 07 premiership result, had his back turned as they unveiled the premiership flag, great sportsmanship, no wonder kiewa are a quality club :thumbsdown:

interesting games on the weekend with a few suprises, Tallangatta beating Thurgoona and Chiltern over Yack... showing this might be a bit more of a competative season....

i was at the kiewa v mitta game at eskdale on saturday and they had quite a turnout, interesting to note that kiewas top 2 recruits, cameron & richardson didnt play, surley the club must be getting a little annoyed at richardsons injuries will he ever get fit again or are his recreational activities far more important???? as for cameron obvioulsy his knee is under too much pressure from the few extra kgs he seems to have put on over pre season. also noticed kiewa coach bone is still not over the 07 premiership result, had his back turned as they unveiled the premiership flag, great sportsmanship, no wonder kiewa are a quality club :thumbsdown:

Wow. that's terrible!

Yes very true about simon bone turning his back at the flag ceremony. i was at the game my self and was quite disgusted with it. Also just reading what what written on the other thread about cohen and pearce being weak, i think ( i hate pre season ) should say it to their faces and see who is weak. I mean saying cohen dug his knees into day, i never saw day go in and get the ball for starters, i saw him over near the hot dog stand, just recieving and being a front runner like rhodes.

Yes very true about simon bone turning his back at the flag ceremony. i was at the game my self and was quite disgusted with it. Also just reading what what written on the other thread about cohen and pearce being weak, i think ( i hate pre season ) should say it to their faces and see who is weak. I mean saying cohen dug his knees into day, i never saw day go in and get the ball for starters, i saw him over near the hot dog stand, just recieving and being a front runner like rhodes.
It`s interesting that sometimes we label footballers as weak or frontrunners if they are seen near the hotdog stand. Fact is it takes guts just to run out there. Every team needs outside players so the inside players have someone to get it out to. Too many sheep dogs and you won`t win and if all 18 are scrapping over the ball they won`t win either. You need a balance. Every club has a rhodes and a day.

It`s interesting that sometimes we label footballers as weak or frontrunners if they are seen near the hotdog stand. Fact is it takes guts just to run out there. Every team needs outside players so the inside players have someone to get it out to. Too many sheep dogs and you won`t win and if all 18 are scrapping over the ball they won`t win either. You need a balance. Every club has a rhodes and a day.

Dont get me wrong i agree with you every club does need them, it just annoys me how people can say this sort of stuff, cohen has to set an example and saying he drove his knees into players is a flase statement. watching the game i thought it was a great contest.

"Also noticed kiewa coach bone is still not over the 07 premiership result, had his back turned as they unveiled the premiership flag, great sportsmanship, no wonder kiewa are a quality club" :thumbsdown:[/quote]

What a Bone head!

thats really bad if that was the case on Bone's behalf very very ordinary. I went and watched Thurgoona and Tallangatta interesting game i think thurgoona looked very ordinary at times, tallangatta's mid field and half backs played all over the dogs. Tallangatta will be mid table at best i think. They could get temselves into trouble if Hansford goes down.

Dont get me wrong i agree with you every club does need them, it just annoys me how people can say this sort of stuff, cohen has to set an example and saying he drove his knees into players is a flase statement. watching the game i thought it was a great contest.

Did you also see the Nelson's soft as Sh** attempt to take out Rhodes in which one got sent off for. It's not tough to gang up and punch someone not expecting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats really bad if that was the case on Bone's behalf very very ordinary. I went and watched Thurgoona and Tallangatta interesting game i think thurgoona looked very ordinary at times, tallangatta's mid field and half backs played all over the dogs. Tallangatta will be mid table at best i think. They could get temselves into trouble if Hansford goes down.

Thought Tallangatta would've won by more if that was the case.

There will be a lot on worrying members an sponsors out at Yack after the performance they put up on the weekend.
They have spent more money this year than they ever have by all reports! I know for a fact they have nothing left to spend. THey have spent a lot of money on unfit an overated players!!!

There will be a lot on worrying members an sponsors out at Yack after the performance they put up on the weekend.
They have spent more money this year than they ever have by all reports! I know for a fact they have nothing left to spend. THey have spent a lot of money on unfit an overated players!!!

I don't know if the players Yack picked up are unfit or overrated, but compared to Chiltern on saturday they just looked....old. Even with that said, I think Yack will be able to bounce back well, and the loss could even help them, they will know now that wins "dont just happen" you have to work for every single one.

Congrats to Darren Mathey and the TFC on a winning start to the season. Here's hoping for many more victories in 2008!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Very interesting coming from you Pricey (Joel Price).......

I tend to agree a little, spoke to a few Chiltern boys Saturday night and they said Yack didn't function as a team at all. It'l be interesting to see whether chiltern are the goods or Yack overated.

Unsure bout Bone but if you saw it fair enough maye he probably shouldnt have but the Day/Cohen did happen on the bench side of the ground in the third quarter, Day fed out a handball was tackled by Cohen then Cohen corked him(looked deliberate from where we sat) then continued to drive the knee in whilst getting up. Just what I saw mate like you with Bone turning his back and I played with Danny at Wodonga and know full well he would do it.
Also MM did play Paton(tom i think) on a permit for the day or is he playing all year.

Did you also see the Nelson's soft as Sh** attempt to take out Rhodes in which one got sent off for. It's not tough to gang up and punch someone not expecting it.

Poor form 'kicking back'. Robbie Barber has been sniping blokes for 20 years. Al Whitsead hit one of the nelson brothers in the semi final last year when they weren't looking. I dont think you see him sooking about it. Get yourself a spoonfull of concrete and harden the f#%k up, you pussy. Al and Barbs are nice blokes too, its football not netball. You *******!

Lets make this thread purely about the games, players, games aftermath and general footy without the crap.

See first post for this thread, so unless you are Yacks Treasurer or are on the committee, get your own thread for dribble like that!
Do yourself a favour and check out Yacks clubrooms when the renovations are unveiled this week and you will get a fair idea things are pretty healthy at Roo Park and in regards to the first game, great learning curve for everyone i reckon.

Very interesting coming from you Pricey (Joel Price).......

I tend to agree a little, spoke to a few Chiltern boys Saturday night and they said Yack didn't function as a team at all. It'l be interesting to see whether chiltern are the goods or Yack overated.

Joel price! ha ha, Na mate not me!
I played with him at yarra,good fella.he is coaching in the wimmera football league this year. I once played at mitta an know a lot of people around the tallangatta valley. Also used to work with a current yack player.

Dunno about you blokes but i reckon it's much easier if everything is on one thread. Too hard to keep up with 6 different conversations. What about this one ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back