XBX1 Sea Of Thieves

Remove this Banner Ad

well that sucked, found my chickens, a treasure map in a bottle, stopped and found the treasure, heading back to outpost, I started getting sniped, took me out and died, got back on ship, sniped again and ship was sinking, had no idea where it was coming from

My ship sunk and i hit the surface and here was a sloop not far away, flashing his lantern at me

Lost everything and my prob my desire to solo lol

Finally found some time to fit some gaming in lately and gave this about a halfer.

A quick tutorial would be helpful but think ive got a vague idea of what to do (kinda) with the ship controls, seems pretty much get vendor quest/do so said quest to build rep/buy better s**t, then rinse and repeat.

Didn't run into anyone or get a quest done, but surprised how easy it is to sink your ship.

At least in terms of currency and purchases with vendors - do you keep any of it regardless of what happens? Or if you get smoked its tough t***ies regardless?

Finally found some time to fit some gaming in lately and gave this about a halfer.

A quick tutorial would be helpful but think ive got a vague idea of what to do (kinda) with the ship controls, seems pretty much get vendor quest/do so said quest to build rep/buy better s**t, then rinse and repeat.

Didn't run into anyone or get a quest done, but surprised how easy it is to sink your ship.

At least in terms of currency and purchases with vendors - do you keep any of it regardless of what happens? Or if you get smoked its tough t***ies regardless?

Other players can sink your ship/kill you and take your loot.
It adds a sense of danger and excitement as you never know when you'll encounter other players.

Games getting a bit of criticism for lack of content.
However I'm confident Rare will expand on the world in time.
That's the problem though. Every answer from Rare is either we're thinking about it or it's coming some time in the future.

How many people will still be playing when they implement all of these things?

Games getting a bit of criticism for lack of content.
However I'm confident Rare will expand on the world in time.

Meh, people are gonna complain about everything these days.

I'm enjoying the game and have played it for 5 hours. The graphics/artwork are stunning. The water is beautiful. The sense of adventure never wanes.

New stuff will come. People want this to be an RPG, XP, level up game. The devs stated that it was never going to be this. So I am not sure why they are whinging about it.

It's a ridiculously fun game, but there isn't a whole lot of content at the moment. Rare have a really good base to build off, so I hope they can keep the players while waiting for the content drops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read an interview earlier from someone who was working on the game for a few years, said the developers seemed more interested in building the pirate ship than actually adding content, a lot of wasted time on that kinda stuff.

The game interests me greatly but not enough to buy another XB1, that and the lack of content.

Pretty simple they shouldn't have released this without the early access title. It's clearly unfinished. At the moment it's purely a sandbox (without much that's particularly engaging)

pulled an absolute campaigner move last night. Our crew was just handing in on an outpost when we saw the stronghold skull disappear. We strolled over, they had just finished picking up all the loot. We sank them pretty dam quick with tnt and cannons, dont think they even got a shot off at us. picked up everything out the water. Pretty sure they were doing the stronghold for about 30 minutes at least.

why do the work when you can make someone else do it for you :)

I have a plan i'd love to see happen.
I want to use an empty sloop or even a galleon as a decoy to attract theives.
However i'll be waiting for them to climb aboard to see if there is loot.
And than steal their ship with their loot or blow it up from the cannons on some islands.

I have a plan i'd love to see happen.
I want to use an empty sloop or even a galleon as a decoy to attract theives.
However i'll be waiting for them to climb aboard to see if there is loot.
And than steal their ship with their loot or blow it up from the cannons on some islands.

Put gunpowder at the front of the ship then shoot it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back