Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

He can’t stab pass and hit a teammate on the chest from 60m away, but this man has so many amazing attributes so as a whole, I have to say he’s officially passed Bucks now as the greatest Collingwood player in my lifetime.

His leadership and onfield coaching far exceed that of Buckley.

The incredible composure he possesses where time seems to stand still when he gets the ball is something to witness. Like a glitch in the matrix.

It’s been amazing to watch his career. I can’t wait to see him hit 400 games.

His little apprentice may surpass him some day.
2 medals of the premiership variety.
Went past Bux a long time ago.

He was far more skilled. But I think Pendles has a bit more in his repotoire which extends to his leadership and onfield coaching. Bucks didn’t get the best out of those around him. Pendles does.
Most of Buckley’s career was when the team only had a handful of good players. The rest were hard workers. Have a look at the 2002 Grand Final team. I don’t disagree with you about Pendlebury bringing the team together better than Buckley, but Buckley led by example. Both extremely fit and well disciplined footballers.
Pendlebury had the luxury of playing with Dane Swan for a large portion of his career, then after that De Goey emerged.

Absolute garbage. He was very good in the last quarter , yeah he got caught once.. that happens. Probably our 2nd best player today.
Of course he is closer to the end.. he is 36 years old lol

Also his onfield captaincy is worth 3 goals. Worth its weight in gold and we dont win the grand final without that last year

He is the best Collingwood player in my lifetime.
He is nearly the best Magpie in anyone's lifetime.

from my Delorean

Agreed. I don't ever read 'game day' threads.

Considering giving 'after game' threads a miss too after reading some of the absolute garbage on here tonight.

I like to read them for the overreactions! Makes me feel a little better about myself knowing that there are crazier people out there…

Remarkable human, was probably our best player yesterday, which is just not supposed to be possible at 36 years of age. Now let's get him to 400 games. Few would argue he is Collingwood's greatest-ever player and certainly in the discussion as one of the competition's greatest ever.

And playing through broken ribs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back