Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Church numbers have nosedived over 100 years
Community values (with exceptions) are steady if not stronger over that time

OK religion can stay as a voluntary pastime, but it would not be missed

He's probably the biggest security risk in the country right now. I trust him about as much as I trust Trump not to try to turn state secrets into cold hard cash.

He conceded the 2022 election on election night when an ALP majority government was not assured. Your concerns are unfounded.

He conceded the 2022 election on election night when an ALP majority government was not assured. Your concerns are unfounded.
The idea that Australia has any state secrets that the USA does not already know about is even more unfounded.

The idea that Australia has any state secrets that the USA does not already know about is even more unfounded.

Fair enough. But comparing Morrison to Trump is reductive and unhelpful. There is still no proof any mainstream politician in Australia has disputed the result of an election.

Fair enough. But comparing Morrison to Trump is reductive and unhelpful. There is still no proof any mainstream politician in Australia has disputed the result of an election.
I wasn't thinking of election denial. It was more that he'd sell his own mother if he thought there was a quid in it for him.

I think there is some reasonable comparisons that can be made between Trump and Morrison.

A frightening example, both have expressed complete disregard for the traditions and conventions of their respective democratic institutions and systems. Morrison has not done as much damage as Trump and perhaps Australia has better safeguards. And maybe those safeguards are the only thing that stopped Morrison doing more damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is some reasonable comparisons that can be made between Trump and Morrison.

A frightening example, both have expressed complete disregard for the traditions and conventions of their respective democratic institutions and systems. Morrison has not done as much damage as Trump and perhaps Australia has better safeguards. And maybe those safeguards are the only thing that stopped Morrison doing more damage.

Trump would have acted as Treasurer or Health Minister without ensuring the GG appointed him. The scope of the disregard matters here.

Morrison telling people to mistrust government and the UN combined with his closeness to Mike Pompeo would suggest he's at least a fellow traveller in the MAGA world.

I'm happy to be proven right that there is zero chance Morrison would sell state secrets for cash. Trump is, of course, another story entirely.
While he might not sell state secrets per se, I would be concerned about his continued influence on the Australian political landscape. He has plans to join the private sector... In the absence of any useful skills (which I don't believe he has) his value to potential suitors will be political access, which he still has in spades.

He may be gone from the parliament, but I don't think that will be the end of him.

While he might not sell state secrets per se, I would be concerned about his continued influence on the Australian political landscape. He has plans to join the private sector... In the absence of any useful skills (which I don't believe he has) his value to potential suitors will be political access, which he still has in spades.

He may be gone from the parliament, but I don't think that will be the end of him.

The idea that an individual would not choose to employ him because of his record is entirely fair.

The idea that he has zero useful skills is comical. No person alive is capable of becoming Prime Minister without an entire suite of useful skills, regardless of any other less desirable characteristics.

The idea that he has zero useful skills is comical. No person alive is capable of becoming Prime Minister without an entire suite of useful skills, regardless of any other less desirable characteristics.
I think we have all seen from the outside and from people who have been involved with him, that his main skill is wrecking things and building a poor imitation on the rubble with his name on it.

The idea that an individual would not choose to employ him because of his record is entirely fair.

As a prospective employer, I can't see anything from his political or commercial history that would make him a desirable hire, outside of rat cunning and a*se covering. In saying that, there are probably roles and employers out there where that may suit.

Morrison is an elite salesman with a hide as thick as the thickest armour. He is adaptable (Sharkies, curry), he is an elite gate keeper (on water matters), he could sell anything to anyone (unwinable election) and he is a political animal (everything he did). He can lead albeit in a completely autocratic style.

He has undeniable skills - none of them were much good for governing though.

His own colleagues sum him up best.

From The Saturday Paper;

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 12.16.45 pm.png

As a prospective employer, I can't see anything from his political or commercial history that would make him a desirable hire, outside of rat cunning and a*se covering. In saying that, there are probably roles and employers out there where that may suit.
Big 4 Consultants say “hello”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back