SBFFL 2020 PRE-SEASON LIST MANAGEMENT

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we make any free agent pick ups before round 1? I tried and it says I have to put in a waiver and it won’t go through until Friday March 20th? Probably won’t be processed for round 1. Maybe I’ll just wait for free agency after round 1 is over?...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we make any free agent pick ups before round 1? I tried and it says I have to put in a waiver and it won’t go through until Friday March 20th? Probably won’t be processed for round 1. Maybe I’ll just wait for free agency after round 1 is over?...

That depends on who you’re after!

I think major is calling the shots on fa dates, but I’m just guessing. I think we should all be allowed a few free hits going into Round 1, in case anyone finds themselves short due to injury or form.

That depends on who you’re after!

I think major is calling the shots on fa dates, but I’m just guessing. I think we should all be allowed a few free hits going into Round 1, in case anyone finds themselves short due to injury or form.
Yeah, he’s not worth wasting a waiver over. Agreed, there should be free agency before round 1.
majortinkle can you adjust if so that the waiver period ends before Thursday round 1? So maybe Wednesday before round 1, to allow for any free agent pickups before round 1 commences.

Yeah, he’s not worth wasting a waiver over. Agreed, there should be free agency before round 1.
majortinkle can you adjust if so that the waiver period ends before Thursday round 1? So maybe Wednesday before round 1, to allow for any free agent pickups before round 1 commences.
Do we really think the season will actually start?

The theory was we'd do the same as last year with waivers each week on Thursday and FA on the Friday (excluding Thursday players who would be locked out).

So unless he's a Richmond or Carlton player you can fill your boots on the Friday.

I could add an additional waiver slot on the Wednesday to allow Richmond and Carlton players to be picked up?

Team announcements is kind of the crucial period requiring waivers over FA and they're likely to be made throughout next week and finalised on the Thursday - unless of course the games are all called off.

Do we really think the season will actually start?

The theory was we'd do the same as last year with waivers each week on Thursday and FA on the Friday (excluding Thursday players who would be locked out).

So unless he's a Richmond or Carlton player you can fill your boots on the Friday.

I could add an additional waiver slot on the Wednesday to allow Richmond and Carlton players to be picked up?

Team announcements is kind of the crucial period requiring waivers over FA and they're likely to be made throughout next week and finalised on the Thursday - unless of course the games are all called off.
Surely they just play without crowds?

I was probably going to drop a Carlton player... and I don’t think I can once their game has started. That’s my only issue..

Surely they just play without crowds?

I was probably going to drop a Carlton player... and I don’t think I can once their game has started. That’s my only issue..
Not sure - haven't tested that - I'm sure if you flagged it in advance to get around the system nobody would object ie. I'm going to be dropping X player but to get through waivers I'm going to put it down as Y.

We can swap them back in the background.

Not sure - haven't tested that - I'm sure if you flagged it in advance to get around the system nobody would object ie. I'm going to be dropping X player but to get through waivers I'm going to put it down as Y.

We can swap them back in the background.
Or we could just manually process the correct free agency claim? (Prior to the rich/blues game)

Last edited:
New Additions:

Ayce Taylor (Adel) $102.4k DEF
Callum Moore (Carl) $186.8k FWD
Lynden Dunn (Coll) $230.2k DEF
Henry Crauford (Ess) $102.4k RUC
Tom Hird (Ess) $102.4k MID
Darren Minchington (Haw) $117.3k FWD
Keegan Brooksby (Haw) 117.3k RUC
Nicholas Reid (WCE) $102,400 FWD
Jamaine Jones (WCE) $143.8k FWD

Remove this Banner Ad