Competitions SBBFL Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbons training with Carlton as the Docherty LTI substitute!

What's the rule going to be moving forward guys? Do I have to take on the real life substitute? Do I get first dibs? Does he just fold into the wiver wire? We need to set the ground rules now moving forward.

I like the chaos of having to take on the real life substitute.

Gibbons training with Carlton as the Docherty LTI substitute!

What's the rule going to be moving forward guys? Do I have to take on the real life substitute? Do I get first dibs? Does he just fold into the wiver wire? We need to set the ground rules now moving forward.

I like the chaos of having to take on the real life substitute.

Personally i just think he just goes onto the Waiver Wire, it’s not like Carlton are the only team that have access to Gibbons, every team could use the new rookie system to get him but they choose not to. Carlton aren’t picking him just to cover Docherty like a top up player would be picked.

If you did use him as cover what happens when Docherty returns? Gibbons stays on your list and you delist someone else? Gibbons goes back onto the free agent list as he was only used in our league as a top up player?

Like if Sydney Stack is picked up by richmond, he’s not being picked up to top up an injury, hes there to be a player. There just hasn’t been the same media attention around it as Docherty

I just think they’re treated as a player not on our list so they go to free agency.

Open to other thoughts on it.

Personally i just think he just goes onto the Waiver Wire, it’s not like Carlton are the only team that have access to Gibbons, every team could use the new rookie system to get him but they choose not to. Carlton aren’t picking him just to cover Docherty like a top up player would be picked.

If you did use him as cover what happens when Docherty returns? Gibbons stays on your list and you delist someone else? Gibbons goes back onto the free agent list as he was only used in our league as a top up player?

Like if Sydney Stack is picked up by richmond, he’s not being picked up to top up an injury, hes there to be a player. There just hasn’t been the same media attention around it as Docherty

I just think they’re treated as a player not on our list so they go to free agency.

Open to other thoughts on it.

I think Gibbons will be selected by Carlton as a direct replacement for Docherty under the new rules governing LTI.

So prior to Docherty going down they had one spot open on their list, which they intended to keep for the newly established mid season draft.

With Docherty’s injury they now have two spots hence they are burning one immediately for what looks like Gibbons.

I think the first consideration for us is if Docherty gets placed on the LTI list do I get to mirror that on my list? Do I get a slot for player 45?

The second is should be compelled to take the player that Carlton ‘drafts’ to replace him. Or do I get a free shot at the entire waiver.

I think Gibbons will be selected by Carlton as a direct replacement for Docherty under the new rules governing LTI.

So prior to Docherty going down they had one spot open on their list, which they intended to keep for the newly established mid season draft.

With Docherty’s injury they now have two spots hence they are burning one immediately for what looks like Gibbons.

I think the first consideration for us is if Docherty gets placed on the LTI list do I get to mirror that on my list? Do I get a slot for player 45?

The second is should be compelled to take the player that Carlton ‘drafts’ to replace him. Or do I get a free shot at the entire waiver.
They aren’t rules for LTI though, that’s not what the rule is for is what i’m saying, yes it is being used like that in Carlton’s case but with blokes like Wagner to Melbourne Clarke to Essendon and possibly Stack to Richmond aren’t LTI based, so it’s not like Gibbons would be a top up player filling Docs position on their list, those players go straight into the free agency pile. So how do you distinguish whether a player is being bought in for an injured player, for example if west coast use the new rookie rule does that mean the player ther pick goes onto the list of whoever has Nic Nat? or if collingwood rookie someone do i get them because i have scharenberg? And with 44 list spots i think it’s enough to cover LTI’s as it is without added yet another rule allowing some teams to have more than that.

Needs to be a full comp call on the ruling but.

It’s a shitty situation for CF, but my opinion is we have a 45 man squad for injuries, and we just have to deal with it as best we can. We all have had and all will continue to get LTI’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back