Game Day Saturday, March 25 - R1 v Essendon @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell was that and where has it been?!

We linked through hands and used our actual speed and picked out targets inside 50! Very rarely did we bomb it long to outnumbered contests. We tried to hit the leading forward which was an absolute delight.

The second half was atrocious, though it could be a lack of stamina needed to play that game style combined with the heat, or being up by so much. The boys have very very rarely been in that situation before and it showed. They definitely eased up and started to try and execute ridiculously low percentage plays. That will come with experience.

Malceski, Cameron and Sexton all in trouble and looked pretty average IMO.

Is KK alright? Will he play next week?

Have to give credit, Hall was outstanding tonight. He and Lonergan are really rising to the next level.

Ablett and Prestia, you wouldn't even know they haven't played.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Sunny_ :p

But I do agree. It appears as though our gameplan takes alot out of the boys and with so many young players still, we tire badly towards the end and it shows. But its good to see we finally have the personnel to execute our run and carry gameplan.

I thought Malceski was ok live. But have not watched the replay yet

Malceski was alright especially early, but made quite a few simple mistakes and looked slow to get rid of it/react. Might have just been the lack of pressure put him into a lull. Was interesting to see him play off the wing/ maybe even half-forward. Not a bad move by rocket IMO.

Hope everyone remembered to get thier free Metricon App Magnum & don't forget to pop in for ya free Big Mac tomorrow :thumbsu:

Anyone notice if we still have our Tommy Timezone free 2hrs for 2 goals promo going?

Made a few bad errors but I thought Malceski was ok, especially early in the game.. made a few really good tackles.... stood under the ball and got completely flattened at one point, wasnt sure he was going to get up.

430-odd disposals tonight. any idea what our record is for most disposals? often we've barely broken 320 in the past.

Not only did we have so much more of the ball, we had a massive 27 more tackles too

Positives
Gaz looked tired in the second half. I guess he was suffering with leather poisoning from the first half.
Day was ok without being great. That uncontested drop he had in the second quarter showed his lack of confidence he has.
May and Thompson looked strong down back
Prestia is only going to get better
Rosa is better then I give him credit for
Hall is set for a big year surely he got 3 Charlie's today
Lonagan was a super coach bargin #points

Negatives
The fact we kicked 17 goals and 19 behinds
I thought we stopped running in patches of the game
Tom lynch won't be heading west
Malceski sexton lemmens shouldn't be heading west either
Cutting the interchange down too 90 doesn't look like it's keeping the big snoozes down forward the state of the game looked just as bad as it did last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't watched the replay yet, but I was impressed overall in person.

The only player I thought was truly putrid was Lemmens. Definitely needs to be dropped to the NEAFL for a while.

Cameron impressed me more than I thought he would. I didn't see much of Grant today but I wonder if Rocket was happy enough with Clay for him to keep his spot or whether he'll get Grant in to replace him.

Other than Cameron and Lemmens, I thought everyone else did tremendously.

EDIT: Sexton's kicking needs work, but thought he proved why he was picked.

SECOND EDIT: Nicholls was pretty shit. I'd love to see Currie up against Sandy next week tbh.

Malceski seemed to be playing mostly half-forward from what I saw on the broadcast. Seems to be working a lot better for him. At least his poor kicking isn't as noticeable in the front half.

Malceski seemed to be playing mostly half-forward from what I saw on the broadcast. Seems to be working a lot better for him. At least his poor kicking isn't as noticeable in the front half.
Umm yeah, in the case of kicking points instead of goals it is but he was far from the worst player today.

430-odd disposals tonight. any idea what our record is for most disposals? often we've barely broken 320 in the past.
asked one of the guys on the stats forum regarding the above, and it seems like tonight was a new club record for total disposals in a game at 428. the next closest was against melbourne in round 7 of 2013 with 410.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He picked up 23 disposals, kicked a goal, had two goal assists, 4 rebound 50s, and was 4th (I think) for metres gained. It's hard to say someone that had nearly a hundred fantasy points has had a bad game.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Spot on IMO

Eade was so harsh in his conference :( Ablett was awful, Hall was only good for 75% of the game, the team only played well for two minutes or whatever. We won by ten goals... surely there was something positive to say?
I thought we were 'acceptable' tonight. Plenty of errors, dropped marks, poor kicks, stupid mistakes - I could keep going.

There were definitely positives - a lot of them - but I gather Eade isn't looking for improvement from last year, he wants to make it well into the finals.

Settling for a demolition of the likely 2016 wooden spooner would be foolish and Rocket is far too experienced to let the final score fool anybody. We've got a lot of work to do and I think that how we go against Freo next week will be a better indication of where we are as a group!

I thought we were 'acceptable' tonight. Plenty of errors, dropped marks, poor kicks, stupid mistakes - I could keep going.

There were definitely positives - a lot of them - but I gather Eade isn't looking for improvement from last year, he wants to make it well into the finals.

Settling for a demolition of the likely 2016 wooden spooner would be foolish and Rocket is far too experienced to let the final score fool anybody. We've got a lot of work to do and I think that how we go against Freo next week will be a better indication of where we are as a group!

Yes nice to win,,, but hey reality check ,,, what if Essendon has all their banned players in the team ? I would say they would of defeated us by or 6 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back