SANFL Player movements

• Thread starter spleka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

S

spleka

I was just wondering if anyone had heard any sanfl player rumours such as recruits, retirements etc.If you know any, post them here.

MNB .. no, it was deferred for another year.

Spleka ... Tim Cook from Centrals to North (why is anyone's guess), Danny Morton still to decide whether to stay at North or go to Port. The remainder will settle down after the AFL pre-season and rookie drafts. That's usually when it works itself out.

mnb ... it was mentioned around the traps, but I don't think anyone took it very seriously.

They're serious alright .... but only as long as the AFL don't allow them to merge and enter with them.

I dunno how they'd go in your comp. They dominate our comp (altho' they din't go undefeated this year), but I feel your run-of-the-mill games would be a standard that would be exceptional up here.

But anyway, the best bit about it would be that the #@$^$#&%&*^ bastards wouldn't be playing here. Best and most hated .... easily!

------------------
Anyway, that's what I reckon ........

mud n blood

they sound like Collingwood .... or Port Adelaide ... they're not the Magpies by any chance are they?

I would like to see it.

I can really see the SANFL becoming a pseudo national comp with NT + Southport

I see Tassie is heading VFL way, but expansion of the SANFL would certainly add some interest.

ptw

Crowie .... funny you should say that !!!

Southport are actually the Sharks (these days!) and have been since the day they entered the QAFL comp back in 1983.

Prior to that, they were in fact the Magpies in the Gold Coast comp.

Very astute .... even for a 'southerner'

------------------
Anyway, that's what I reckon ........

mud n blood

Has anyone heard if Richard Ambrose will return to Port? He won the Sandover Medal in WA last year and there's been some speculation about him going back to SA.

With Ambrose, plus Ryan O'Connor and the return of Pooley from injury, that would go some way to cover the loss of experienced players like Northeast, Chalmers and Tregenza...

Originally posted by spleka:
I was just wondering if anyone had heard any sanfl player rumours such as recruits, retirements etc.If you know any, post them here.

ok, this is what i know of

Scott Hahn - Port to West
Jamie King - Port to West
Danny Morton - North to Norwood
Ryan O Conner - Sydney to Port
Chris Robertson - North to Port
Lewis Roberts - NSW to Port
Tim Cook - Centrals to North
Jared Ilett - NT to Port

thats all i can remember

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South have signed Kym Koster, Shane Ellen, Clay Sampson and have re-signed Dean Talbot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back