MVP SANFL 2017 Magarey Medal Count & SA Football HOF Inductions

Remove this Banner Ad

13 and 17 games respectively; you're including finals.
Makes Ah Chee's effort look better. I thought he'd got within 4 votes with 3 less games, to be that close with 4 less games is great and should send a strong message to Ken. If Ken selects Impey before Ah Chee then it will be obvious there are favourites. Sometimes it appears to be because of the ego and investment, i.e. the coach will not want to drop an under-performing player because the were selected by them with a high pick. Ken selected Impey with 21 and Mark Williams selected Ah Chee with 45. Although in that year GWS had 11 first-round picks and there were 3 priority picks. Normally, Ah Chee would have been low twenties.

Makes Ah Chee's effort look better. I thought he'd got within 4 votes with 3 less games, to be that close with 4 less games is great and should send a strong message to Ken. If Ken selects Impey before Ah Chee then it will be obvious there are favourites. Sometimes it appears to be because of the ego and investment, i.e. the coach will not want to drop an under-performing player because the were selected by them with a high pick. Ken selected Impey with 21 and Mark Williams selected Ah Chee with 45. Although in that year GWS had 11 first-round picks and there were 3 priority picks. Normally, Ah Chee would have been low twenties.
You'd hope not, but never know.

Ken selected Impey with 21 and Mark Williams selected Ah Chee with 45. Although in that year GWS had 11 first-round picks and there were 3 priority picks. Normally, Ah Chee would have been low twenties.
Primus was coach in 2011 when we drafted Ah Chee. I dont understand the rest of your post quoted.

I dont understand how normally Ah Chee would have been a low 20's pick. 12 players were taken out of the 2011 pool by becoming u/17 underage selections in 2010 for GWS. They would have been eligible for 2011 draft if not taken in 2010. The GWS were granted 9 first found picks 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15 so the fact they ended up with 11 was due to trades and the players they took in the first round would have been taken by other clubs if they didn't have all those picks. The 3 priority picks had no affect on where Ah Chee would have gone other than if they werent there, Port's pick would have been 42 and one of those 3 players actually taken at 42,43 and 44 would now have been available for Port to draft and 1 of those 3 might hav been taken before Ah Chee.

Primus was coach in 2011 when we drafted Ah Chee. I dont understand the rest of your post quoted.
I dont understand how normally Ah Chee would have been a low 20's pick. 12 players were taken out of the 2011 pool by becoming u/17 underage selections in 2010 for GWS. They would have been eligible for 2011 draft if not taken in 2010. The GWS were granted 9 first found picks 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15 so the fact they ended up with 11 was due to trades and the players they took in the first round would have been taken by other clubs if they didn't have all those picks. The 3 priority picks had no affect on where Ah Chee would have gone other than if they werent there, Port's pick would have been 42 and one of those 3 players actually taken at 42,43 and 44 would now have been available for Port to draft and 1 of those 3 might hav been taken before Ah Chee.

I was referring to the eventuality that there was not a team entering with concessions. We had finished 16 out of 17 in 2011 so we would have been second in the draft and very early in the second round. I now realise that it would have been unlikely we would have drafted Ah Chee with that pick as there would have been a good number of the picks before him still available. But the main point I was making about investment is that coaches like most people do not like to accept that they have been wrong and will often play one of their high draft picks even if they do not deserve it.

I was referring to the eventuality that there was not a team entering with concessions. We had finished 16 out of 17 in 2011 so we would have been second in the draft and very early in the second round. I now realise that it would have been unlikely we would have drafted Ah Chee with that pick as there would have been a good number of the picks before him still available. But the main point I was making about investment is that coaches like most people do not like to accept that they have been wrong and will often play one of their high draft picks even if they do not deserve it.
Or higher contract value players.

This is the type of shit ruining it for supporters in this state. Supporting the club is fatigue inducing. You just get sick of absolutely everything and everyone trying to bring your club to its knees.

There was article on Advertiser Sport that popped up in my feed yesterday, highlighting the cheersquad's message against WWT on Sunday, which carried a cheeky reference to that club having to merge, etc.

Cue comment after comment of exactly the type you'd expect: but Port Power & Magpies merged, the Magpies don't exist, Port owes the SANFL money, disrespectful this and that, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson, etc.

All this from inconsequential tongue-in-cheek banter before a game Port dominated.

#sagreat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interlopers that have been in the SANFL longer than any other club !
Can't wait for the day when we leave this comp and leave these inbreds to it.

Port and South Adelaide are the two surviving foundation members. How do some of these clowns have blue ticks and media accreditation?

2013: Matt Thomas wins it as a Port-listed player for Norwood #NFG

2014/2016: Zane Kirkwood, only at Sturt due to the new reserves structure #NFG

2017: Brendon Ah Chee - who was minidrafted to the Magpies in 2011 anyway (no different to MT at the Parade) - might have won it!!!111 #NAIS

Yeah...

There was article on Advertiser Sport that popped up in my feed yesterday, highlighting the cheersquad's message against WWT on Sunday, which carried a cheeky reference to that club having to merge, etc.

Cue comment after comment of exactly the type you'd expect: but Port Power & Magpies merged, the Magpies don't exist, Port owes the SANFL money, disrespectful this and that, you'd think they'd have learned their lesson, etc.

All this from inconsequential tongue-in-cheek banter before a game Port dominated.

#sagreat
Warren Pratland (sic) article linked by powermacs in the match thread. Wazza whinging about the lack of "Magpies" players playing for Ports. :rolleyes:

"Port claimed the game by 33 points and its side included Eagles recruit Jimmy Toumpas. Brett Eddy, last year’s Ken Farmer Medallist with South Adelaide, was in the line-up, along with Jarrod Lienert and Will Snelling, premiership players with Sturt and West Adelaide respectively in the past two years.

Emmanuel Irra moved to Alberton from the Panthers this season, Peter Ladhams is a Norwood product and Cameron Hewett from North Adelaide. There were six Victorians, two West Australians and an ACT player in the Port 21.

That leaves just five Port Adelaide Magpie products. In contrast, the Eagles contained 15 players who came through their junior program."

West Torrens had former AFL players Paul Stewart and Jared "The Next Andrew McLeod" Petrenko in their side and former AFL player Mitch Grigg wins the Magarey Medal.

#noaflinthesanfl

How does a player with 300 AFL games and no real SANFL history get inducted into the SANFL Hall Of Fame? Does this mean that Kane Cornes will make it into their Hall Of Fame?

Its not the SANFL hall of fame.

How does a player with 300 AFL games and no real SANFL history get inducted into the SANFL Hall Of Fame? Does this mean that Kane Cornes will make it into their Hall Of Fame?
It's more of an SA footy Hall of fame than an SANFL HOF.

So if you are an SA born player that plays footy anywhere to a high standard you'll get in.

Not 100% sure but I reckon a guy not from SA that plays to a high standard at an SA club (either in the AFL or SANFL) gets in too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back