Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2016
Australia's Most Haunted Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Adelaide Giants
Kerridge Logo.jpg

Welcome one and all to the Sam Kerridge Spud Shield for 2018.

For those who don't know what it is about - nominate which spud in opposition colours will play above themselves for one week when matched up against us.

Or alternatively you can nominate which spud in opposition colours will actually show their true colours against us and spud the house down. (Short Order Cook Trophy – see details below)

A brief and/or amusing description of what the player is likely to do to us for that week is encouraged also.

RULES

- Nominations are open up until first bounce. One nomination per poster.

- You can change your nomination any time up until then and I will take your last post as gospel.

- If more than one nomination is put up in the same post then the first will be taken as the nomination (if not made clear).

- If your nominated player is a late out and you are unable to nominate another player in time you will receive the player that is the late inclusion. (99.9% chance of being another spud!)

SCORING SYSTEM

The scoring system for the Kerridge nominated players is based on:

AFL.com best players

If 3 nominees are named in the AFL.com best players votes will be awarded on a 3-2-1 basis. If only 2 players then 3-2 votes awarded, 1 player 3 votes and no votes if no nominees make it in the best.

The Age best players

as above

Supercoach points

3-2-1 system for highest ranking spuds nominated.

AFL Fantasy points

as above.

Perrie points award - The points are awarded as follows:

Every kick: 5 points
Every handball: 3 points
Every mark: 3 points
Every tackle: 6 points
Every goal: 15 points for the first 3 and 20 for every goal over 3.

Awarded on a 5-4-3-2-1 vote system for 'Perrie points' accumulated.

The Perrie points award will also be used as a tie-breaker should players be on equal total votes in the Kerridge.

For players who tie within any specific category, eg. 2 players tie in Perrie points, then TOG% (time on ground) will divide the players with the lowest TOG% player being awarded the higher votes due to achieving in less time.

MULTIPLIERS AND BONUSES

- If player was making debut, x1.5 multiplier is applied

- If player was not born in Australia, x1.5 multiplier is applied

- If player was a #1 pick and has underperformed dramatically then the 'Jack Watts Draft Bust' x1.5 multiplier is applied.

- If player has been delisted by another club without playing a senior game then the 'Billy Gowers Second-Coming' x 1.5 multiplier is applied.

- If player has two first names/no last names, then the 'Brad Scott two first names' x1.25 multiplier is applied OR

- If player has two last names/no first names, then the ‘Logan Austin two last names’ x1.25 multiplier is applied

- If player has an outlandish given name then 'The Modern Parents Memorial Llane Spaanderman' x1.25 multiplier is applied.

- If player is adorned with at least half of one limb covered in ink then the 'Shit Tatts' x1.25 multiplier is applied.

- If player finishes with 100% disposal efficiency then the 'Sam Gibson 100% disposal efficiency' x1.5 multiplier is applied

- If player is ex-North then the 'Cam Pedersen 'Pedo' Rolf Harris' x1.5 multplier is applied.

- If player is sporting a 'man-bun' then the 'They call me Bruce' x1.25 multiplier is applied

- If player's every kick was a goal, add 100 Perrie points

- If player kicks the winning goal, add the 'Kersten Loading' 100 Perrie points

- 'Being Shaun McKernan' multiplier, add 100 Perrie points for a new club debut

- If player is a late inclusion, add 50 Perrie points

- For finals matches every spud nominated receives an x1.5 'Finals' multiplier applied to their Perrie points score

Any player who achieves in 3 or more Perrie multiplier/bonus categories will qualify for the 'Ryan Nyhuis Triple Threat' Superbonus and receive 3 extra votes in the Perrie Award voting to contribute to their total Kerridge weekly votes.

AWARDED POINTS SYSTEM

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

- The winner/s for the round is/are awarded a virtual potato :sweetpotato:
clip_image001.gif
for any poster who guesses right.

- The virtual potato for picking the Kerridge (overall) is worth 10 points on the leaderboard.

PERRIE AWARD

- A side of fries
clip_image001.gif
:frenchfries: will be awarded to anyone who picks the Perrie points award winner for the week.

- The side of fries for the Perrie award is worth 6 points on the leaderboard.

UBERSPUD MEDAL

- The 'Uberspud Medal' is awarded to the player who polls no/lowest Kerridge votes and lowest Perrie points (pre-bonus and multiplier).

- A 'Spudburger'
clip_image001.gif
:hamburger: worth 3 points on the leaderboard will be awarded to a poster who nominates this player.

PRIZES

SPUDFARMER OF THE YEAR

A t-shirt and a stubbie holder will be prizes for 1st place in the 'Spud Farmer of the Year' award for the poster who tops the leaderboard.

The t-shirt will have the Kerridge logo emblazoned on it along with ‘Spud Farmer of the Year 2018’ and the stubbie holder will have the Kerridge logo.

In the event of a tie in the Spud Farmer of the Year, then all posters will receive the prize.

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

A 3-2-1 vote/poll at the end of the season will be conducted to decide the player who wins the coveted Sam Kerridge Spud Shield for 2018. (unless blatantly obvious like Nyhuis last season and I will just award it.)

A stubbie holder emblazoned with the Kerridge logo will go out to anyone who picks the eventual Kerridge player of the year in that particular round’s performance.

SHORT ORDER COOK TROPHY

A hat emblazoned with the Kerridge logo will go to the poster who flips the most ‘Spudburgers’ throughout the season in the weekly Uberspud Medal.

In the event of a tie in the Short Order Cook Trophy a countback will be conducted and highest ‘Virtual Potatoes’ will be the winner followed by highest ‘Side of Fries’ as secondary countback. If still a tie then all posters tied after that will receive the prize.

WEEKLY REPORT

A weekly (general piss-take!) report is issued post match in the forum feed with winners tagged.

The OP will be updated weekly with the player that wins that round and info on where to find the weekly report for that particular round in the forum feed.

The weekly round report generally contains the following information with appropriate gif/meme accompaniments:

- The player statistical and voting table

- Kerridge player of the week

- Perrie award player winner

- Uberspud medal player winner

- Special mention (usually an unusual observation or random happening!)

- Spud farmer of the week and weekly winners

- Spud farmer of the year leaderboard

- Kerridge Watch (what Sam’s been up to)

- Nyhuis Watch (what Ryan’s been up to)

- Next weeks upcoming game

Get nominating!!!

365614_a609d466ae64837bfcfab0251b0b3d17.gif

ROUND 1 v Gold Coast Winner: Aaron Young - Full report Page 6 Post #164
ROUND 2 v St Kilda Winner: Jimmy Webster - Full report Page 9 Post #220
ROUND 3 v Melbourne Winner: Dean Kent - Full report Page 12 Post #289
ROUND 4 v Carlton Loser: Carlton FC - Full report Page 15 Post #368
ROUND 5 v Hawthorn Winner: James Sicily - Full report Page 18 Post #444
ROUND 6 v Port Power Winner: Jared Polec - Full report Page 23 Post #560
ROUND 7 v Sydney Winner: Will Hayward - Full report Page 25 Post #601
ROUND 8 v Richmond Winner: Sam Lloyd - Full report Page 29 Post #701
ROUND 9 v GWS Giants Winner: Jacob Hopper - Full report Page 32 Post #789
ROUND 10 v Fremantle Winner: Ed Langdon - Full report Page 35 Post #865
ROUND 11 v Brisbane Winner: Cam Rayner - Full report Page 39 Post #959
ROUND 12 v Geelong Winner: Jordan Cunico - Full report Page 42 Post #1046
ROUND 14 v Western Bulldogs Winner: Billy Gowers - Full report Page 45 Post #1125
ROUND 15 v Essendon Winner: Shaun McKernan - Full report Page 48 Post #1177
ROUND 16 v Gold Coast Winner: Lachie Weller - Full report Page 51 Post #1259
ROUND 17 v Sydney Winner: Aliir Aliir - Full report Page 54 Post #1337
ROUND 18 v Collingwood Winner: Brodie Mihocek - Full report Page 58 #1442
ROUND 19 v West Coast Winner: Jamie Cripps - Full report Page 61 #1507
ROUND 20 v Brisbane Winner: Hugh McCluggage - Full report Page 63 #1554
ROUND 21 v Western Bulldogs Winner: Hayden Crozier - Full report Page 66 #1643
ROUND 22 v Adelaide Winner: Hugh Greenwood - Full report Page 67 #1672
ROUND 23 v St Kilda Winner: Logan Austin - Full report Page 70 #1738

Last edited:
Probably this year any North person to have a good game they'll be the Kerridge

Nice work Roozee, i am fatigued after reading the rules, naturally i will be aiming for back to back titles :thumbsu:
Not much has really changed. I just set it out a bit clearer than last season when I was doing it on the fly!

Perrie (side of fries) is up to 6 points from 4.

Goals in the Perrie are up from 10 to 15 for the first 3 and 20 thereafter. So goalkickers have more weight up against possessions.

You can also target the Short Order Cook trophy by picking off the low hanging fruit, like Nathan Brown, for an easy 3 pointer - but you'll obviously risk missing the big points for the Kerridge and Spud Farmer of the Year!

Now Ablett is goneski, who, if anyone on the Gold Coast list is "not spuddish enough to be nominated" for Kerridge honours ?
We'll see who they plant against us first maybe. There are some that aren't spuds.

You know how it works - drop a name and we'll run it through the Kerridge filter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm back and fully expect you to be taking the very late inclusions most weeks!

Yeah the good punters follow ol nn's lead, I must say I took my eye of the ball late last year when shit got real with that cheating prick from Nth Korea:p

I may even do a bit of a form guide last few starts type stuff, if allowed?

eg- Chips McSpuddin- didn't get near it the last few outings, although will find this field more to his liking:D

I think I did well last year when I remembered to post. Going to apply myself this season.

Nah you were shit!!....

1blog52_0.gif

Yeah the good punters follow ol nn's lead, I must say I took my eye of the ball late last year when shit got real with that cheating prick from Nth Korea:p

I may even do a bit of a form guide last few starts type stuff, if allowed?

eg- Chips McSpuddin- didn't get near it the last few outings, although will find this field more to his liking:D

Nah you were shit!!....

1blog52_0.gif
Go your hardest!!

nn's natterings will be up before the first bounce.

Jessie Joyce or was that Joyce Jessie seems a likely type. A few multipliers right there.
I guess seeing as though we have a 'Gender Equality Action Plan' at North we have to include female names as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back