Player Watch Sam Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Should replace Crouch’s midfield minutes next week, might tell us something
Thing is, both Crouch and Laird had 55% and 48% CBA with 67% and 68% time on ground.

It feels like we're maybe trying to just run with one but unable to make up our mind.

Berry deserves a crack however he's of a similar ilk to what these guys bring which if that game is anything to go by, we're trying to reduce.

I remember he went ballistic in a game with a really high tackle count, so he already has the natural defensive instincts. If he can keep harnessing his attacking play with the goals and goal assists, then no reason why this bloke can’t make it as an AFL regular.

I recall liking both him and Pedlar when they first showed themselves in the trial games a few years back. I think both could reach a similar ceiling with Pedlar being more attacking and Berry being more defensive.

Not sure any of the questions have been answered but it was a nice moment

I think a lot of the questions have been answered personally. He came onto the field and rag dolled a few Carlton players off him, we don't have any other midfielders than can do that.

I've not wavered that he can play at afl level to a high standards.

I think a lot of the questions have been answered personally. He came onto the field and rag dolled a few Carlton players off him, we don't have any other midfielders than can do that.

I've not wavered that he can play at afl level to a high standards.
He was running on the ground when everyone was fatigued. He needs to do it for a full game.

McHenry’s also looked good as the sub at times

Is it my imagination or not long after they were drafted he and pedlar put on a clinic in a preseason game, or was that an internal trial?
IMO he’s got a Laird type ceiling with maybe a few more goals in him.
Definitely has some nice goal sense for an inside mid, far better than Laird/Crouch in that regard

Keen to see how much he accumulates in a primary inside mid role next week, without Crouch in the side. Would like to see him be a bit cleaner with ball take than his last full game, as well

Is it my imagination or not long after they were drafted he and pedlar put on a clinic in a preseason game, or was that an internal trial?
IMO he’s got a Laird type ceiling with maybe a few more goals in him.
Pretty sure that was a trial against Port. Both of them looked really explosive.

How good are we at developing players!

Keen to see how much he accumulates in a primary inside mid role next week, without Crouch in the side. Would like to see him be a bit cleaner with ball take than his last full game, as well
It's odd, cos that was one of his strengths in '22, clean hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McHenry has played a number of very impressive sub games but has clearly found the challenge of a full game difficult.

Berry faces similar challenges.

Although it was a great quarter by of football by Berry, he still has a long way to do and a lot more to prove to show her has turned the corner.

He was looking bog ordinary for most of the season so I will reserve judgement till we see how he performs in a full game.

Has he? His disposal got him subbed against Geelong, and he hasn’t seen all that much action since
Ahh all improvment must be linear and perfect.

Disposal is about composure, and decision making.
I'm sure McHenry looks great at training.
Berry is starting to find that composure with ball in hand and making better decisions. His disposal will follow.

Go watch his game winner, he had a split second of shaping the ball just right. In the past that would have been poorly thrown on the boot.

McHenry has played a number of very impressive sub games but has clearly found the challenge of a full game difficult.

Berry faces similar challenges.

Although it was a great quarter by of football by Berry, he still has a long way to do and a lot more to prove to show her has turned the corner.

He was looking bog ordinary for most of the season so I will reserve judgement till we see how he performs in a full game.

Ned has had statistically impressive games, I don’t recall any sub performances where Ned has had a big impact on the result.

Also worth mentioning that Berry’s issue early on was he was fumbly. He has fixed that the last two weeks and I’m not sure you can put that down to being fresher then everyone else.

I’m also reserving judgment but the signs are positive. Most of us felt after 2022 that he was up to it, last year he clearly couldn’t get his body right and I think we were a little harsh in judging a guy after a couple rounds who hadn’t played AFL footy for basically a year.

Ahh all improvment must be linear and perfect.

Disposal is about composure, and decision making.
I'm sure McHenry looks great at training.
Berry is starting to find that composure with ball in hand and making better decisions. His disposal will follow.

Go watch his game winner, he had a split second of shaping the ball just right. In the past that would have been poorly thrown on the boot.

I’m saying he’s barely played since his disposal was a big problem

What has changed in those handful of minutes?

I’m saying he’s barely played since his disposal was a big problem

What has changed in those handful of minutes?
Who's to say anything has changed?

Players can have bad days even though they are improving.

Why does Tex miss goals from 50 some days, and others can't miss? What's changed in those handfull of minutes.

I think the question your asking is wrong.
You've assumed you're correct about the only reason he's not been playing is his disposal.

You're also not making any comment on my original statement that his kicking has improved. And in my opinion, based from my previous response, it has.

So from the question you've posed, you'll never get a satisfactory answer from anyone on here.

Who's to say anything has changed?

Players can have bad days even though they are improving.

A bad day? Nothings changed, but they’ve improved

How about about a simpler explanation, they haven’t

Why does Tex miss goals from 50 some days, and others can't miss? What's changed in those handfull of minutes.

Nothing. Because he’s the same player he always was

I think the question your asking is wrong.
You've assumed you're correct about the only reason he's not been playing is his disposal.

You made that up. His disposal is a major reason, as is his cement hands and lack of pace. Low impact to possession is another

He’s the same player, with the same strengths and shortcomings as before

You're also not making any comment on my original statement that his kicking has improved. And in my opinion, based from my previous response, it has.

So from the question you've posed, you'll never get a satisfactory answer from anyone on here.

there’s no basis for your claim his kicking has improved.

It’s literally something plucked from the sky

A bad day? Nothings changed, but they’ve improved

How about about a simpler explanation, they haven’t

Nothing. Because he’s the same player he always was

You made that up. His disposal is a major reason, as is his cement hands and lack of pace. Low impact to possession is another

He’s the same player, with the same strengths and shortcomings as before

there’s no basis for your claim his kicking has improved.

It’s literally something plucked from the sky
It's simple sanders, I've watched him and developed an opinion.

Just like you have.

But apparently I'm just making things up, while you're using facts and logic?
C'mon, you can do better than your best argument clinic impersonation.

All while using the coaches choices to sub him or drop him as justification that you're right, compared to your other opinions is... Interesting.

It's simple sanders, I've watched him and developed an opinion.

I don’t think you have.

Bottom line, no serious person can think he’s improved his disposal.

And if you think he wasn’t subbed for his disposal against Geelong, then I don’t think you really watched the game

Anyway, I’m done with this silly argument

Remove this Banner Ad

Back