Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Part III - The Empire Strikes Back
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding is that while coaches and support staff are both subject to the WADA / ASADA code, there are different substances banned for athletes vs coaches / support staff, so something banned for athletes isn't necessarily banned for coaches / support staff.

Yeah but the article stated under AFL rules the coaches and officials need to be WADA compliant. If so then we're likely innocent under WADA/ASADA but have breached AFL rules. Therefore it'd likely be having the coaches/officials in question step down and cop a monumental fine for sheer stupidity.

When asked by a reporter today that Dank said Hird knew about what the players were taking and all that s**t, Hird's reply was nothing and he just walked inside the building.

He couldn't have done anything else really.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...efend-james-hird/story-fnca0u4y-1226576545844

CONFIDENTIALITY agreements have prevented Essendon from defending senior coach James Hird against claims by sacked performance scientist Stephen Dank.

The club gagged coaching staff following an explosive interview with Dank aired on the ABC on Monday night, but not before senior assistant coach Mark Thompson pleaded his innocence, telling The Australian he "felt sorry for a lot of people" after watching the interview.

tumblr_lowzjyPJn31qlfdjlo1_1280.jpg

Lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous

Yeah but the article stated under AFL rules the coaches and officials need to be WADA compliant. If so then we're likely innocent under WADA/ASADA but have breached AFL rules. Therefore it'd likely be having the coaches/officials in question step down and cop a monumental fine for sheer stupidity.
Under the AFL anti-doping code (section 11), it's not a violation for coaches to have or use "prohibited substances" "out-of-competition", so long as it's not connected to a player or training.

Just got home from Windy Hill and wowee! The news I heard!

Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro was talking with Spud Frawley out the front of the main entrance of Windy Hill talking about all this mess. By the sounds of it, Frawley is on our side. Dorodo said the club is livid with Caroline Wilson. No mention of any other journo. Seems Barrett & Robbo are in the clear. Dorodo said that we all know that every Essendon players samples have come back clean (thus the reason for ASADA trying a 2nd time but with the German drug lab!).

By the way Dorodo was talking and what he was saying, now please do not take this is gospel, It would NOT be surprising if Essendon take legal action against Caroline Wilson for dragging the club through the mud with all the crap & lies she is reporting online, on the tv & in the papers.

Sounds like very good news for the club & supporters

had a decent chat with Hurley, Goddard & Melksham. I told them the supporters love the club and will always stick by the club no matter what. The players know they are innocent, they want to thank the supporters for sticking with the club & actually enjoy and want supporters to show up to training & are more than happy to have photos with the fans. The players were smiling, laughing, looks like they have got their mojo back.

They train at Tullamarine and then comeback to windy hill for extra practice and for the showers and something to drink/eat. I just got lucky when the players got there. Was heading to the train station when I looked to my left to see a couple of players there.

I went in there, ended up 10-15 players training there/ Goal kicking practice, they were on fire. Zahrakis was doing a handball drill with some goal kicking practice at the end.

Melksham looks to be in great spirits. His hand is healing very well, expect him back within 2 weeks. Same with Zaharakis.

By the way Dorodo was talking and what he was saying, now please do not take this is gospel, It would be surprising if Essendon take legal action against Caroline Wilson for dragging the club through the mud with all the crap & lies she is reporting online, on the tv & in the papers.

Sounds like very good news for the club & supporters
Would be surprising if we did, or didn't?

i've looked through wilson's articles relating to this and I don't see how it wouldn't be anything but a massive waste of time and resources to take legal action. she's speculated about the allegations. speculating that james hird's position is in trouble if the allegations are true is hardly libel. she's never made a statement as clear as "Stephen Dank injected PED's into Essendon players" as far as I can tell

i mean let's face it, it's hardly

http://www.webcitation.org/62z1gujLN

MEET the white face of a new black race -- the political Aborigine.

Meet, say, acclaimed St Kilda artist Bindi Cole, who was raised by her English-Jewish mother yet calls herself "Aboriginal but white".

She rarely saw her part-Aboriginal father, and could in truth join any one of several ethnic groups, but chose Aboriginal, insisting on a racial identity you could not guess from her features.

She also chose, incidentally, the one identity open to her that has political and career clout...

Shall I go on? Not yet convinced that there is a whole new fashion in academia, the arts and professional activism to identify as Aboriginal?

Not yet convinced that for many of these fair Aborigines, the choice to be Aboriginal can seem almost arbitrary and intensely political, given how many of their ancestors are in fact Caucasian?

is it?

http://www.webcitation.org/62z1gujLN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've looked through wilson's articles relating to this and I don't see how it wouldn't be anything but a massive waste of time and resources to take legal action. she's speculated about the allegations. speculating that james hird's position is in trouble if the allegations are true is hardly libel. she's never made a statement as clear as "Stephen Dank injected PED's into Essendon players" as far as I can tell

Basically, I think you're probably right.

I'd love for us to be able to sue her, but I think she has covered her arse just enough to be more or less immune.

She knows very well that the simpletons out there will read what she writes selectively and take it as "Stephen Dank injected PED's into Essendon players", but that's a whole other issue and can of worms which I won't open here (i.e. the media taking responsibility for their position as being a shaper of public opinion).

Jobe3votes I have a couple of questions.

Was melksham in a cast of any sort?
Any sighting of Hams or Merrett?

good eves dropping btw

Melksham still in a cast but looks to be getting better. Fully expect him to be back plenty of time before Round 1. He is in very good spirits about the injury.

It was only 10-15 senior guys at windy hill with 1 or 2 newer guys. so not to sure. I know Luke Davis was there.

reckon she's been vague enough in her articles, went hard early but used alot of allegedlys and possiblys.

The one thing that i thought was flat out bullshit was the banner at the top of today's HUN (don't normally read it but dad bought it home) which read 'dirty rotten cheats' when the page was basically entirely about us

Over the past few days I have been more worried about hird than the players. I reckon the players will be fine. I'm just hoping hird keeps his job/doesn't lose passion to coach. I want him to accomplish something great with this team. And I don't like seeing his reputation tarnished by all this.

Anyone else feel similar?

reckon she's been vague enough in her articles, went hard early but used alot of allegedlys and possiblys.

The one thing that i thought was flat out bullshit was the banner at the top of today's HUN (don't normally read it but dad bought it home) which read 'dirty rotten cheats' when the page was basically entirely about us

Can we take any action against the company? I mean I don't have much hope in that but I would hope a public retraction at the very least

Over the past few days I have been more worried about hird than the players. I reckon the players will be fine. I'm just hoping hird keeps his job/doesn't lose passion to coach. I want him to accomplish something great with this team. And I don't like seeing his reputation tarnished by all this.

Yes. But we all need the full story to come out first. As much as I love the great man, we cannot actually judge his position in this until we know what has transpired.

Yeah I'm worried about Hirdy stepping down. I can see him blaming himself.

One of the things that annoys me most about Caro is that she is happy to sling all this crap at everyone and demand sackings etc...but I seem to recall Sam Newman saying some nasty things about her and she had a cry and threatened legal action against him. I've always felt don't dish it out...if you can't take it!

but has Wilson demanded a sacking?
Didn't she demand Thompson to be sacked for bringing the people into the club that have made this mess?
Also thought she said that someone's head has to roll for allowing this to happen at the club.
Sounds like she is demanding someone to be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back