Video Highlights Royce Hart 1969 Glenelg Video

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Found a video of the 1969 SANFL Grand Final when Royce Hart played for Glanelg. The story is well-known - because of National SErvice, he was training with Glenelgin SA for the whole year, flying to Melbourne every Friday to play for Richmond (he won the B&F) and wound up a member of the 1969 premiership team.

The SANFL GF was the following week, and via various shenanigans, Hart was able to play for Glenelg. I knew he got KO'ed earlt, and I believed the story 'The Sturt Bays were angry at Hart being allowed to play when he hadn't turned out for Glenelg all season, and so targetted him from the start'. However, looking at the video, Hart gets hit very strongly early on, but I don't think it was that bad for that era (suspensions would have definitely happened now, but different times, etc).

Hart gets KO-ed at the 8-minute mark of this video, but the whole thing is quite interesting watching anyway.

Found a video of the 1969 SANFL Grand Final when Royce Hart played for Glanelg. The story is well-known - because of National SErvice, he was training with Glenelgin SA for the whole year, flying to Melbourne every Friday to play for Richmond (he won the B&F) and wound up a member of the 1969 premiership team.

The SANFL GF was the following week, and via various shenanigans, Hart was able to play for Glenelg. I knew he got KO'ed earlt, and I believed the story 'The Sturt Bays were angry at Hart being allowed to play when he hadn't turned out for Glenelg all season, and so targetted him from the start'. However, looking at the video, Hart gets hit very strongly early on, but I don't think it was that bad for that era (suspensions would have definitely happened now, but different times, etc).

Hart gets KO-ed at the 8-minute mark of this video, but the whole thing is quite interesting watching anyway.

Good to see Hart passes the concussion protocols of the day.

Good to see the Umpires stop play...Meatball says hold my beer!
Commentators say it was a fair bump?!? seems like the Richmond bias was there as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back