Autopsy Round 9 = Collingwood 51-99 Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

At least we got SOMETHING out of that game. The coaches can say - in that brief five minute window in the fourth quarter when you played on fast, went forward with hectic energy, took a risk, attacked, TOOK THE ****ING GAME ON --

-- you actually looked like a football team.

For the other 115 minutes when you played slow, stop-start, timid, terrified, reactive, football, you looked like the same disconnected and pathetic rabble that you have been for most of the last decade.

A really passionless effort from most of the guys tonight. Very little pride in the jumper. They were very comfortable with being beaten, and I absolutely hate that.

Last edited:

Yep. We have the worst midfield in the comp. No stars, no pressure, no footskills. And apart from Daicos I can't see where our next star mid is coming from. By the time Nick hits his stride Adams and Crisp will be gone.

I really hope our lack of pressure and intensity is still just a product of the flu, otherwise we’ve built a game plan that we can’t execute consistently.

Nevertheless, there are flashes of brilliance, but “bottom 6” really hurt us and often kill our momentum.

I can’t understand all the hate for Poulter and Henry in the game day thread. They will both be good players in my view, they just have a lot of development to go to get there.

Our midfield is a real problem. I think it’s time to put Maynard in there with De Goey and Crisp. Size, pace and mongrel. That’s what we need in there…. And Grundy back.

I had high hopes for Tyler Brown. I was wrong.

I had low hopes for Callum Brown.

At least I am going at 50%, which is more than I can say for them.

A very bleak night. We were totally outclassed by the bulldogs midfield. They destroyed us around the contest and we had no answers.

It’s going to take a few years to rebuild this list but with so many holes to plug it will require some luck with drafting.

I liked what I saw from Ollie Henry. Needs to just play and play to build his confidence.

We have a long tail of players who aren’t much good and don’t project to being much.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God we need a decent tall key forward.

And about three or four contested midfielders who actually care about the defensive side of the game. We can't keep conceding double the clearances to the opposition and hope to win games.

Our midfield is so far off league standard it's scary.

Hine needs to go and the list needs a massive clean out still.

C Brown, T Brown, Madgen, Murphy, Wilson, Chugg… all need to go.

I’m also not seeing it with Macrae and Poulter.

God we need a decent tall key forward.
I’ve been saying that he needs to go for years.We’re supposed to be in the middle of a rebuild,but where is it?We have no key position players,we have a paper thin midfield that gets bullied every week.So where,I ask,is this so called rebuild?I have absolutely no faith in Hine’s ability to rebuild this list.

That was seriously painful.

About where we were expecting to be before the season started.

Have to go into full development mode now.

I’ve seen enough of c Brown, Madgen. Time to stay in the vfl now.

Macrae, Poulter, Henry (even if he was appalling tonight), McInnis, etc should just stay in now.

One shot for Murphy and Kelly.

Then we hope to land some top picks come draft day. 2 in the top 10 will be fine.

Needless to say that was extremely poor and we lost it within the first 10 minutes with our total inability to win it out of the middle.

We looked half arsed and devoid of energy for most of the game, maybe we need a bye already but when Pendlebury was announced as a late out it never looked good, no one stepped up to lead or steer the game around.

Last edited:
And about three or four contested midfielders who actually care about the defensive side of the game. We can't keep conceding double the clearances to the opposition and hope to win games.

Our midfield is so far off league standard it's scary.

Yeah the midfield is an issue.

But I’m a firm believer the priority has to be to find our key position pillars and build around them.

A very bleak night. We were totally outclassed by the bulldogs midfield. They destroyed us around the contest and we had no answers.

It’s going to take a few years to rebuild this list but with so many holes to plug it will require some luck with drafting.

I liked what I saw from Ollie Henry. Needs to just play and play to build his confidence.

We have a long tail of players who aren’t much good and don’t project to being much.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hated what I saw from Henry. That missed kick to stationary Degoey in the first quarter had C Brown Written all over it.

I know he’ll come good but was a momentum killer tonight.

Another disappointing display. We didn't look so bad a few weeks ago but the last couple of weeks have been painful. Forward line is lacking, our midfielders look soft and weak and the defence is a whole other issue. Brown boys need to go in particular Callum. We look bottom four.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We only have our first this year, no second rounders, and then picks in the 40’s… yikes
We need to retire players like Cox and Sidebottom,and use the cash to target some free agents who can actually improve the list.

That was seriously painful.

About where we were expecting to be before the season started.

Have to go into full development mode now.

I’ve seen enough of c Brown, Madgen. Time to stay in the vfl now.

Macrae, Poulter, Henry (even if he was appalling tonight), McInnis, etc should just stay in now.

One shot for Murphy and Kelly.

Then we hope to land some top picks come draft day. 2 in the top 10 will be fine.
100%, play the kids and learn the game plan.
Brown brothers, Madgen and even Cameron taking us nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back