Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s he got that gets you excited. He’s not fast, he’s not tall, he’s not sticky fingered, he has no X factor, like AJ, to speak of. Doesn’t seem to have outstanding footy smarts.
He may turn out to be a good honest footballer but I don’t see anything to get excited about myself.

What’s he got that gets you excited. He’s not fast, he’s not tall, he’s not sticky fingered, he has no X factor, like AJ, to speak of. Doesn’t seem to have outstanding footy smarts.
He may turn out to be a good honest footballer but I don’t see anything to get excited about myself.

He’s actually very fast off the lead.
He’s good at ground level. Attacks in the air. If he gets his hands to a lot more of those marks he can be a force.

He will be better suited half forward as he moves through his career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef did well today but something looked not quite ok in the 2nd half.
He was absolutely gassed 10mins into the 3rd qrtr. To his credit he managed another long range goal straight after, but immediately went to the bench and wasn't seen again until the start of the 4th.
He didn't seem comfortable in the 4th and his run was lacking in the 2nd half.
Good effort and has the tools to make an excellent player.

He was absolutely gassed 10mins into the 3rd qrtr. To his credit he managed another long range goal straight after, but immediately went to the bench and wasn't seen again until the start of the 4th.

The app had him as injured in the 2nd half so something happened but then went back out on the ground but you could tell he wasn’t

Just out of interest...
Did anyone else notice Liam Ryan Kicked a goal, replayed as per normal, then Fox showed a picture of Kelly correctly captioned , then back to Liam Ryan on field?

Seemed very odd.

Comments were made at the Pied residence.

I didn't think Macrae was great, despite his 3 goals, which was obviously a great return.

Conversely Richards only kicked 1 and I thought he was brilliant.

Geez Pendles, Naicos, Crisp and Cameron were having none of an upset today. They were magnificent.

Naicos is so hardly marked now, his hands in tight were unbelievable and he will deservedly get the 3 brownlow votes.
I agree. I'm still far from convinced about Finn. He did his job very well but it just had the feel of right place right time and finished well. Joey on the other hand looked like he made things happen at times and created something out of nothing. Finn is not quick and if he is going to find a role as a part time forward that surely is a concern as he needs to be able to apply the run-down pressure our other smalls in the forward line do.

He’s actually very fast off the lead.
He’s good at ground level. Attacks in the air. If he gets his hands to a lot more of those marks he can be a force.

He will be better suited half forward as he moves through his career

Hopefully he can do that at senior level then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was great seeing the next generation evolve today. Very exciting. Many are saying it will keep Tom Mitchell out of a game but we have to take into consideration that he was carrying an injury and hopefully when he’s recovered he can be important for us again.

I agree. I'm still far from convinced about Finn. He did his job very well but it just had the feel of right place right time and finished well. Joey on the other hand looked like he made things happen at times and created something out of nothing. Finn is not quick and if he is going to find a role as a part time forward that surely is a concern as he needs to be able to apply the run-down pressure our other smalls in the forward line do.

This is a role fin has been playing for a week? With Richards he has been doing it for years. So let’s give fin some credit as he adjusts to a new role change.

It was great seeing the next generation evolve today. Very exciting. Many are saying it will keep Tom Mitchell out of a game but we have to take into consideration that he was carrying an injury and hopefully when he’s recovered he can be important for us again.
Yeah Titch will still be important for us in the big games to come this year. But there are some signs of possible replacements.

This is a role fin has been playing for a week? With Richards he has been doing it for years. So let’s give fin some credit as he adjusts to a new role change.

But I can see Richards playing his role on the G in a big game whereas Finn roaming across our forward line doesn't inspire the same confidence. To be fair he could not have done any more than he did today but call it a gut feeling, I just don't see that role as an option for Finn given our plethora of small forwards with genuine pace.

He was hurt

Except he is fast, and he kicks goals. He also doesn't get out-marked, and has done very solid defensive roles on interceptors.

How much more does he have to do?
Yes, it's only one game, but what he did was high quality.
He's a really good link player - he could be a bit like Patty.

Sounds like a good honest footballer then. Congrats to him. I’m hoping someone else better may play his spot. Sadly like Ollie Henry would do.
9.2 from a third tall forward in essentially 4.5 games is a good return for a 'good honest footballer', no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back